xenobiaa

New pvp changes are trash.

43 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

This description reassures me the developers made the right decision with the PvP changes.

Depends on how you look at it, i think its more geared to server times online... meaning they might want to open asian servers now, so they can raid each other on their times while NA raids on est, pst, and cst time zones. Otherwise the 9 hrs will not work for attacks on different time zones.

Also the 1 claim flag seems better for companies now, but it really isnt put on paper to us very well, yet.

Mega tribes no longer needed.... Which is good for 100 player companies.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:52 PM, Arykos said:

Yea the new system is trash, because u can't grief at night. Fuck you need to fight your enemies at daytime. FFS how can I be a pussy now and destroy everything without taking the risk to get killed 😕

The new system is trash because it interupts supsension of disbelief. That means the feeling of it being real or being there rather gets destroyed. First of all, the fact that you can build on an enemy island posing as neutral and then declare war is going to be the way to take over an island. That is unrealistic and boring. Scouting wich is one of the most fun aspects of the game will be gone. Before a war your enemy will walk around you island in total safety looking at what you have, testing out shooting angels and such. Thats arena PVP to me, not huge world open pvp, and destroys my suspension of disbelief.

Not being to be able to build cannons unless you own an island it boring as hell. Nobody will do that, everyone will want an island or quit if they cant have one.

The island owners will own you, do whatever they say or they remove everything you have built. Nobody is going to live like that, again everyone will own an island or they will quit. The only ones content living on your island and not owning it will be your enemy, and they will do it just because they are preparing for an attack on you. Trust me on this.

The new system is trash because it makes controlling the sea lanes, the actual sea-combat pointless. Today I can really own the sea, and if I do that a few days the ground attack will be much easier. And today on defence, no island has yet been lost if you own the sea. If your enemy wipes you, they still can not really take your island if you should own them at sea. Now they wil remove this? Thats is stupid!

The new system is trash because it simply removes this game from a full hardcore PVP game and makes in softcore. Like WordOfWarcraft Pvp or something, wich shouldnt even be called pvp in my opinion. 

All in all, the new system will alienate 90% of those that still play Atlas and love it, in hope that new people will join that dont like PvP. I dont think that will succeed for one thing, and since I want the this game hardcore its a disaster for me personally.

I waited for this game for 20 years, its the best game ever. Ofcource we need to wipe due to cheats and unbalances, but removing everything that I love about it and making it a game I probably wont find enjoyable at all, is ofcource something I am very sad about.

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

The new system is trash because it interupts supsension of disbelief. That means the feeling of it being real or being there rather gets destroyed. First of all, the fact that you can build on an enemy island posing as neutral and then declare war is going to be the way to take over an island. That is unrealistic and boring. Scouting wich is one of the most fun aspects of the game will be gone. Before a war your enemy will walk around you island in total safety looking at what you have, testing out shooting angels and such. Thats arena PVP to me, not huge world open pvp, and destroys my suspension of disbelief.

So Patrik are you saying you feel it might be a new form of in-siding without being apart of the company?

I am wondering about some of the PVP defenses too, how will it go over with companies and small owners. Will the claim system be too dum down now?

It doesn't seem from what i gathered on the stream that it was too heavy worked on system. Not saying it wont work but i do think i may pose too much an issue if you can not defend your small base with support. Punkle guns are not perfect either, the AI logic is so basic and fails sometimes.

I dont know why the op wont be able to do these things he's talking about after the change, you could log in during your attack period and stop a player attack.

Or vise versa attack someone during their raid time and kill them all as they rush out to get you. 

And offline raids are a thing because other players like easy loot, it matters not who popcorns what. 

Unfortunately offline raids also reset another groups progress, too cheap for the raiders, too expensive for raidees. 

I was a decent ark player, but I loved servers with orp, why? Because the building up and collecting resources was half the fun, it was also amazing without all the offline raiding, on ark officials Our base always got offlined by a titan. 

Also with orp it was great setting things in your base up, to FIGHT PLAYERS THAT CAME TO RAID YOU WHILE YOUR ONLINE USUALLY HAVING AN ATTACK PLAN. 

Shooting players off reapers with rocket launcher was awesome. 

And on ark with the caging mechanics you could get everyone from the tribe caged ,and make them watch as their base was raided. 

The caging thing is probably possible in atlas too, just need to use that blackjack lol. 

On 3/1/2019 at 2:03 AM, labatts said:

Just because someone raids someone offline doesn't make them a griefer. There may be other reasons as to why the person offlined someone.

Reasons such as....

You're a griefer.

You're scared to actually fight other players.

You just want easy loot, putting in the least amount of effort possible.

Offline raiding is not PvP.  It's PvE.  If you support offline raiding, we have two PvE servers you're more than welcome to play on.

13 hours ago, Patrik said:

The new system is trash because it interupts supsension of disbelief.

Because offing yourself due to low vitamins is totally believable.

Because fast traveling from one corner of the world to the other via a "magic bed" is totally believable.

Because riding bears and lions and ostrich is totally believable.

Because undead protecting buried treasure, giant snakes, dragon, fire elementals, dinosaurs, ships with no crew, ghost ships...

But you draw the line for "suspension of disbelief" at not being able to steal someone's shit while they're offline...... GTFO

• Haha 1

Yes, and who can affort to pay this upkeep ? Just 24/7 nolife megatribes.

Who can destroy their slaves whenever they want. And : no weapons for the filthy slaves.

Basically, the Sheriff of Nottingham destroyed Sherwood Forest and forced Robin Hood into a life as farm slave in his city. No bow & arrows allowed !

We will see if there is a gap for free souls in the game after the wipe.

Edited by Talono

52 minutes ago, CazzT said:

Reasons such as....

You're a griefer.

You're scared to actually fight other players.

You just want easy loot, putting in the least amount of effort possible.

Offline raiding is not PvP.  It's PvE.  If you support offline raiding, we have two PvE servers you're more than welcome to play on.

Its one way a solo or small company can get back at a larger company that has been harrassing them. I love you how think everyone that wants the PVP to stay as is or unrestricted to a point is automatically a griefer and is scared to fight people. I have no issue going against players even while outnumbered. There are more reasons to raid a person than just loot and you are foolish to think that. On top of that PVP is player vrs player technically raiding is pvpvs or if they are offline pvs.  Also your idea of griefing is different than mine. Mine is where people go and spam foundations or block in your ships with shipyards for example. Plus you trying to call me a griefer like it offends me or something is quite funny tbh. 

Edited by labatts

26 minutes ago, labatts said:

I love you how think everyone that wants the PVP to stay as is or unrestricted to a point is automatically a griefer and is scared to fight people.

Because offline raiding is not PvP.  It's PvE.  So that only leaves the options of you being a griefer or scared of PvP.  You've had this explained to you numerous times.  Offline raiding is you fighting NPCs (if they're even working) and hitting inanimate objects in the world.  What part of that is PvP?  None of it is.

54 minutes ago, labatts said:

There are more reasons to raid a person than just loot and you are foolish to think that.

PvP is the reason to raid someone.  If they aren't online, then you're not PvPing.  So what's the reason?  I'm not saying it's always about loot.  But if it's about PvP, as you claim, why aren't raiding them when they're online?  Why aren't raiding people who are online instead?  Unless....

56 minutes ago, labatts said:

On top of that PVP is player vrs player technically raiding is pvpvs or if they are offline pvs. 

Offline raiding is PvE.  Full stop.  No matter how you try defend it, it's PvE.  You have had this explained to you ad nauseam.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CazzT said:

Because offline raiding is not PvP.  It's PvE.  So that only leaves the options of you being a griefer or scared of PvP.  You've had this explained to you numerous times.  Offline raiding is you fighting NPCs (if they're even working) and hitting inanimate objects in the world.  What part of that is PvP?  None of it is.

PvP is the reason to raid someone.  If they aren't online, then you're not PvPing.  So what's the reason?  I'm not saying it's always about loot.  But if it's about PvP, as you claim, why aren't raiding them when they're online?  Why aren't raiding people who are online instead?  Unless....

Offline raiding is PvE.  Full stop.  No matter how you try defend it, it's PvE.  You have had this explained to you ad nauseam.

Do you even read and understand what people write before you reply. I never said offline raiding is PVP I said it was pvs if they were offline. All you care about is if someone mentions something you dont like they are automatically a griefer lol. I think you need to move over to the PVE server because even with this new system  you will not be able to handle things in the PVP server. What i said was geared towards how they are implementing a 15 hour PVE timer where you cannot even fight a person is what i mean when people do not want restrictions to PVP which is player vs player not raiding. But clearly all you want to do is call people griefers like it means something. Must be everyone you that kills you is a griefer than I guess lol. 

Just now, labatts said:

Do you even read and understand what people write before you reply.

LMAO... this coming from you....

1 minute ago, labatts said:

I never said offline raiding is PVP I said it was pvs if they were offline.

Then you accept that it's PvE.  There are only two things, a third if you make it a hybrid.  PvP, PvE, PvPvE.  That's it.  What you're laughably calling "PvS" is PvE.

2 minutes ago, labatts said:

All you care about is if someone mentions something you dont like they are automatically a griefer lol.

At no point have I said or implied this.  Just because you say it over and over doesn't make it true.

3 minutes ago, labatts said:

I think you need to move over to the PVE server because even with this new system  you will not be able to handle things in the PVP server.

I play on both.  Nice try, though.

4 minutes ago, labatts said:

What i said was geared towards how they are implementing a 15 hour PVE timer where you cannot even fight a person is what i mean when people do not want restrictions to PVP which is player vs player not raiding.

You have been one of the most vocal people against ORP.  And your reasons for being against it haven't change since the stream on Thursday.  You're still saying the same things now that you said before, like a broken record.

5 minutes ago, labatts said:

But clearly all you want to do is call people griefers like it means something. Must be everyone you that kills you is a griefer than I guess lol. 

What was that you said in your opening sentence?  Oh right.... "Do you even read and understand what people write before you reply".  Clearly you don't.

2 minutes ago, CazzT said:

LMAO... this coming from you....

Then you accept that it's PvE.  There are only two things, a third if you make it a hybrid.  PvP, PvE, PvPvE.  That's it.  What you're laughably calling "PvS" is PvE.

At no point have I said or implied this.  Just because you say it over and over doesn't make it true.

I play on both.  Nice try, though.

You have been one of the most vocal people against ORP.  And your reasons for being against it haven't change since the stream on Thursday.  You're still saying the same things now that you said before, like a broken record.

What was that you said in your opening sentence?  Oh right.... "Do you even read and understand what people write before you reply".  Clearly you don't.

I accept that offline raiding is PVS not PVE. Yes I have been very vocal about ORP in the form of 100% immunity to structures I believe in a pvp server the way this game built ruins it. I have mentioned other forms of raid protection in the past that i would be ok with and would work. But I do not like how I cannot roll up to someones island and not be able to kill them in a PVP game. I didnt say raid them i said kill them just so we get that clear because i know you have a hard time comprehending what people say. 

I accept that offline raiding is PVS not PVE.

PvS is not a thing.  And the fact that you can't comprehend this simple point just shows the underlying issue of your ability to understand pretty much any of this topic.

Just like everyone else who has tried to help you understand, I'm done with you.  You refuse to understand, or are incapable of understanding, regardless of how many times and ways it's explained to you.

So congrats to you, you've "won".  You've achieved making everyone that talks to you walk away while facepalming and not wanting to explain the same thing to you repeatedly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CazzT said:

PvS is not a thing.  And the fact that you can't comprehend this simple point just shows the underlying issue of your ability to understand pretty much any of this topic.

Just like everyone else who has tried to help you understand, I'm done with you.  You refuse to understand, or are incapable of understanding, regardless of how many times and ways it's explained to you.

So congrats to you, you've "won".  You've achieved making everyone that talks to you walk away while facepalming and not wanting to explain the same thing to you repeatedly.

LOL how is that not a thing because you say so. Oh I understand I am just disagreeing with you because I can and clearly makes you upset. PVE is player vs enviroment so PVS is player vs structure sounds good to me. 

2 hours ago, labatts said:

LOL how is that not a thing because you say so. Oh I understand I am just disagreeing with you because I can and clearly makes you upset. PVE is player vs enviroment so PVS is player vs structure sounds good to me. 

And the structure is fighting back? The npc is fighting back and that makes it pve.  

You should be landlord. Then you have slaves that build there structure and if the ready you as landlord just wipe the structure. In your logic you do PvP but just a bit simpler. 

I vote you be a landlord. After wipe rush to island claim it build asap a bank and your ready to PvP your island slaves

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Talono said:

Yes, and who can affort to pay this upkeep ? Just 24/7 nolife megatribes.

Who can destroy their slaves whenever they want. And : no weapons for the filthy slaves.

Basically, the Sheriff of Nottingham destroyed Sherwood Forest and forced Robin Hood into a life as farm slave in his city. No bow & arrows allowed !

We will see if there is a gap for free souls in the game after the wipe.

I find it funny how you exactly know how much will be that upkeep and u know it will be so high that only megatribes will be able to claim Settlement and keep it ...

On 3/1/2019 at 3:27 AM, DGSixKado said:

This is a MMO not a hardcore Survival game that's Ark and it's still there for you 

Screw you. You go back to ARK you pompous piece of crap. The only reason I can over to play this game was that it was extremely close to how ARK was played, minus the toxic "I must raid ever base" mentality and a new spice of the pirate life. Atlas was going awesome until this new PVP proposal. What a load of crap.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:48 AM, Willard said:

You bought PvP game and you are complaining about what? Solution for offline raiding? Can you please tell me where is pvp in offline raiding?

Protection from offline raiding means much more online action = much more PvP. 

If you just want to destroy someone while he is offline then sorry, you are just a griefer. It has nothing to do with PvP.

Correct totally - they can also still PIRATE on the open seas which is what pirates did. Land offensives = WAR ----- Raiding ships at sea === pirating. Period. 

PVP = PLAYER v PLAYER --- not ----- Player V building.   I think that the moaners are just scaredy pussies, that fear PVP.  They are just PTFOP (player thieves from offline player) gaymers.

J

Edited by hands solo
  • Like 1

Just now, hands solo said:

Correct totally - they can also still PIRATE on the open seas which is what pirates did. Land offensives = WAR ----- Raiding ships at sea === pirating. Period. 

PVP = PLAYER v PLAYER --- not ----- Player V building.   I think that the moaners are just scaredy pussies, that fear PVP.  They are just PTFOP (player thieves from offline player) gamers.

J

WTH are you talking about? Pirates were always raiding small coastal towns and villages.

14 minutes ago, vaylain said:

WTH are you talking about? Pirates were always raiding small coastal towns and villages.

Prove it fella - give me one pirate handbook or code or historical evidence, that says pirating includes raiding coastal towns and villages. Yes they probably did steal whilst mending their ships and hiding from nation naval fleets. They probably also raped women and stole children from such villages and coastal settlements, however they also lived in and even originated from such settlements and villages. The word pirate itself however was CREATED by the military and merchant traders but it was more readily merchant naval ships that encountered them AT SEA, due to their focus being on naval supply lines. Whole areas OF OCEAN were renowned for being prone to pirate attacks. The pirates again I stress - lived in the very villages and towns and settlements near to the coasts. Pirates rarely targeted pirates. PERIOD.

Edited by hands solo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hands solo said:

Prove it fella - give me one pirate handbook or code or historical evidence, that says pirating includes raiding coastal towns and villages. Yes they probably did steal whilst mending their ships and hiding from nation naval fleets. They probably also raped women and stole children from such villages and coastal settlements, however they also lived in and even originated from such settlements and villages. The word pirate itself however was CREATED by the military and merchant naval fleets that encountered them AT SEA, due to their focus being on naval supply lines both military and merchant. Whole areas OF OCEAN were renowned for being prone to pirate attacks. The pirates again I stress - lived in the very villages and towns and settlements near to the coasts. Pirates rarely targeted pirates. PERIOD.

This is a fantasy game not a game about historical facts. By taking out half of the pvp from the game being land combat and only forcing naval combat would be quite boring. 

This is a fantasy game not a game about historical facts. By taking out half of the pvp from the game being land combat and only forcing naval combat would be quite boring. 

But it is a game and you need RULES to play ANY game. PvP is player versus player mate. NOT player v offline player - this would be Pv?

J

Edited by hands solo
  • Like 1

Just now, hands solo said:

But it is a game and you need RULES to play ANY game. PvP is player versus player mate. NOT player v offline player. 

J

I never said it was player vrs offline. I said land combat which would be between PVP. 

18 minutes ago, labatts said:

I never said it was player vrs offline. I said land combat which would be between PVP. 

BUT you cant guarantee that that that settlement ahs any players in or on it with a server that has people from all over the world on it. This is why its being addressed because often bases and infrastructure is being attacked when there is no one online to defend it. YOU SEE ? War dec allows an in between from all out pvp which is problematical due to online cohesion and the demand for raiding and pvp. You can still I presume attack other players at sea at ANY TIME (the essential ingredient to determine pirating). The only people that will have a problem with the new system are the people that really just steal from other players not online - period. 

Ok tell me about pirating in Eve online -- I did it for 10 years. Do you go and attack a fooking star base ? NO - you attack players mining and or hauling gear - yeh ? Space is the ocean in eve online. That is how you do it. CORPS GO TO WAR. 99% of all players in eve aren't pirates -- they are corp members. The pirates so few in number are tiny little corps with maybe three or four players that attack ships and haulers in space whilst flying. THIS is pirating mate. Eve is crap in a way for pirating as every bloody entrance into the system is blobbed with corp players guarding their claim. So its a case of one way in and one or two ways out. This is much better for pirating as there are no restrictions in regards to escape. 

J

Edited by hands solo

11 minutes ago, hands solo said:

BUT you cant guarantee that that that settlement ahs any players in or on it with a server that has people from all over the world on it. This is why its being addressed because often bases and infrastructure is being attacked when there is no one online to defend it. YOU SEE ? War dec allows an in between from all out pvp which is problematical due to online cohesion and the demand for raiding and pvp. You can still I presume attack other players at sea at ANY TIME (the essential ingredient to determine pirating). The only people that will have a problem with the new system are the people that really just steal from other players not online - period. 

Ok tell me about pirating in Eve online -- I did it for 10 years. Do you go and attack a fooking star base ? NO - you attack players mining and or hauling gear - yeh ? Space is the ocean in eve online. That is how you do it. CORPS GO TO WAR. 99% of all players in eve aren't pirates -- they are corp members. The pirates so few in number are tiny little corps with maybe three or four players that attack ships and haulers in space whilst flying. THIS is pirating mate. 

J

That is why they are coming out with the new PVP ruleset. The problem I have with that is the 15 hours of PVE time where landowners have god mode on where you can not attack them. I dont even care about the raiding at this point. But to have a system put in place where people cant be attacked but can fight you without taking any damage is completely broken IMO. I have never tried EVE. Atlas is not EVE stop comparing just like atlas is not ark. the example you use is 1 form of pirating there are others besides that one.