xenobiaa

New pvp changes are trash.

5 minutes ago, Willard said:

Actually you will be able to claim land much easier since people will need to pay upkeep for their Settlement. That means much less flag spamming and megacompanies holding 20 Islands. 

Yea if you enjoy paying taxes to your landlord that's a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

.....And Offline raids are a thing because all of you smaller groups popcorn everything when bigger groups try to online raid you! ....

Oh no, those asshole smaller groups. Instead of losing everything to a bigger company, they choose to lose everything to the ground. Oh man, that sucks for big companies, being able to wipe a smaller company into the floor but not getting something out of it besides destroying every single thing the smaller company has worked for. 

Reminds me of the people in the top 1% complaining they dont get the option of welfare, suck it up.

1 hour ago, Back Stabbath said:

You sound like a fat nerd. I dont wanna join your shit zerg clan. 

I like to sleep thx.

Fight me when I'm online . Dont like it?

Go fight some dude who loses connection somewhere. Maybe you will be able to still win a fight.

Fukin zergling trash.

lol gitgud nub

5 hours ago, Ban Tier said:

You mean PvP should only be for ppl without a RL job and RL friends/family ?

go play on a private server with custom rates?

9 hours ago, labatts said:

Just because someone raids someone offline doesn't make them a griefer. There may be other reasons as to why the person offlined someone.

I love how you are trying to defend offline raiding.Yes, it does make them a griefer, or if not that, bad at the game. Everyone who hates ORP is whining because now they only get 9 hours a day to raid someone, which is a substantial amount of the day..oh and ooooh I can't do sneak attacks anymore... yes you can?? Nothing is stopping you from doing sneak attacks. Easy logic for this update: Get good or go home. Can't wait to see all the new PvP this will offer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xenobiaa said:

lol gitgud nub

go play on a private server with custom rates?

Zergling who needs to offline to win tells someone to "gitgud".

Cant imagine why someone wouldnt want to join your company.

God the annoyance of your coms must be deafening. 

18 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

lol Maybe so but id wager in that scenario the pvp servers would be mostly dead a month after wipe, but i guess we will see where this all goes. I doubt the devs want their core audience to just move on to another game. But maybe im wrong! who knows at this point.

Their core audience was tired of offline raiding.  That's gone forever.  Don't like it, find a new game, or go back to ARK.  They still allow offline raiding.  I refused to play official because of it.  I don't want to play a game of "who can stay up the latest."

• Like 1

Problem with Ark is that the "pvp" is completely devoid of tactics skill or any real thought. It's just a time sink and zerg mentality.

That's why thier is so much whining here now. It's the Ark players throwing a fit. They dont know how to think or form actual strategy .

To them whoever has the most people or farms the most stuff or is online the most should just auto win. 

They actually equate numbers and time spent online with skill. Its bizarre.

What they dont realize is that most normal humans dont want to play or invest time in a game that doesnt reward thinking or strategy or skilled gameplay.

People want to play with thier friends and not a bunch of random screaming kids. 

• Like 2

Stop and look at the server numbers over the last month. They had to do some thing. Most people must not like the system the way it is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alca said:

Thats a lot of hours invested! I have a full time job & kids and sank this many hours into this shit! 

If I am honest I am not sure I will sink the same hours going forward. It was a PvP hardcore survival. We are a company of 3/5 and have been for a long time. We survived, established great bases. 50+ flags. I understand waking up and your shit is gone but to turn the PvP side into this new shit? Allow stronger defense abilities. NPC & Puckles are shit.. Give us Alpha NPCS. Give us stronger shit to defend with, LOTS more stuff to defend with when were in our pants sleeping.. 

One Flag per island.. Cmon.. Your pushing more than half the player base of atlas to join a bigger team. We will not join bigger teams. We like our own control.. You have fucked that up. People dont want to be allowed to build on some one's land.. They want land.. you have reduced the amount of people that will own land to about -70% less. If the land owners company get fucked off with you they just destroy your shit? 

Preventing Offline raiding did not need to be this strong at all.. 

I think your next update should be the planes/tanks & flying machines just to top this shit off.... 

You will see once the update goes live and we who established a base can not get our own island will not play this no more for that factor alone.. Maybe the most flags by one tribe on that island gets more of say/power on that island rather 1 person owning and all the rest are there bitches... 

Meh I hope this works but I cant see it honestly. 

My average hours per day will drop massively until the update that is in 2-4 weeks? I may fall in love with another game by then.. I have 1 task to do and that is to make 1 giant penis tower in our base then I am done until the new patch comes out.. I will follow this back with an updated pic! 

happy PvP for now! 

ce66d736f33ba9f4c67f3aae7503b0a5.png

I totaly agree ALCA, although I would have used the word "shit" a little bit less 🙂

We are a Company of  2 - My husband and me! We tried to survive since release:) I think if there is a statistic of who died the most, we are right in the top:) We reached an Island, somehow, put our flag into earth, died about 1000 times til it was our land, but it was worth it. We build up and after a while, we had a good aliance with the whole Island. But some of them were too brave, attacking a very big guild. One day they came back and wiped us all;( We lost everything. But we learnd a lot - what we did wrong about building our house and defense.

We found a new Island, a new aliance. Build our house and defense better, we learned what we did wrong - we needed more LARGE CANONS! So we build a better defense! Travelling many hours to get a ramshakle Sloop "full" of stuff, we didn't have on our Island. Made discovery points, got 2 times to the fountain of youth etc. etc. to build our characters.

So - I dont have a big Problem with a claim wipe. But isn't it enough to wipe claims? not the whole character?!

AND: When you bring the new Claim System - we just have to merge in a bigger Company (what we really dont want to) or we have to build on an Island where another Company tells us what to do. We cannot build any defense anymore, as it is said in the patch notes. The new Claim System Limits smaller companies in a lot of Things that are really fun, like building base defense, owning a piece of land, with our own territory flags and msgs and the like....

Isnt it possible to have raiding times to select and stay with the claim system we have now? Or that all claimowners of an Island can choose a raid window via poll in a new building that afterwards is the same for the whole Island....  Or : If u are offline - 2 hours after logging out, there will be a raidprotection - problem with offline - raiders solved…  If u are offline more than 3 days  - u have no raidprotection anymore….

PLZ let the Claim System as it is!

And to be honest - there should be always ppl starting over new with this game -  should we always wipe all and everything so these ppl have a fair chance to get an Island??? I mean, comeon! We are only 2 ppl, found a place 2 times! Everywhere around us where companys, telling in the Claim message, if you want to have a piece of land, you can contact them…. So dont know whats the Problem with the Claim System! Give us more posibilities to defend against offline Raiders as ALCA said, and everything would be fine for me...

so Maybe remove the claim system on PVE server, or something like that, but on PVP Server it is working fine.  

Right now i am really frustrated, so I logged in and thought, that I dont know what to do... it is all in vain… I am really sad, because I really loved this game 😞 

Edited by pzzuii
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, pzzuii said:

I totaly agree ALCA, although I would have used the word "shit" a little bit less 🙂

We are a Company of  2 - My husband and me! We tried to survive since release:) I think if there is a statistic of who died the most, we are right in the top:) We reached an Island, somehow, put our flag into earth, died about 1000 times til it was our land, but it was worth it. We build up and after a while, we had a good aliance with the whole Island. But some of them were too brave, attacking a very big guild. One day they came back and wiped us all;( We lost everything. But we learnd a lot - what we did wrong about building our house and defense.

We found a new Island, a new aliance. Build our house and defense better, we learned what we did wrong - we needed more LARGE CANONS! So we build a better defense! Travelling many hours to get a ramshakle Sloop "full" of stuff, we didn't have on our Island. Made discovery points, got 2 times to the fountain of youth etc. etc. to build our characters.

So - I dont have a big Problem with a claim wipe. But isn't it enough to wipe claims? not the whole character?!

AND: When you bring the new Claim System - we just have to merge in a bigger Company (what we really dont want to) or we have to build on an Island where another Company tells us what to do. We cannot build any defense anymore, as it is said in the patch notes. The new Claim System Limits smaller companies in a lot of Things that are really fun, like building base defense, owning a piece of land, with our own territory flags and msgs and the like....

Isnt it possible to have raiding times to select and stay with the claim system we have now? Or that all claimowners of an Island can choose a raid window via poll in a new building that afterwards is the same for the whole Island....  

And to be honest - there should be always ppl starting over new with this game -  should we always wipe all and everything so these ppl have a fair chance to get an Island??? I mean, comeon! We are only 2 ppl, found a place 2 times! Everywhere around us where companys, telling in the Claim message, if you want to have a piece of land, you can contact them…. So dont know whats the Problem with the Claim System! Give us more posibilities to defend against offline Raiders as ALCA said, and everything would be fine for me...

so Maybe remove the claim system on PVE server, or something like that, but on PVP Server it is working fine.  

Right now i am really frustrated, so I logged in and thought, that I dont know what to do... it is all in vain… I am really sad, because I really loved this game 😞 

I don’t like the idea of not being able to build cannon towers to defend our harbor. That’s what I do most days is build and maintain our defenses.  But they had to make a change. If not this game was not going to last.

I love every thing about the patch except the idea of not being able to defend. But I don’t see a way they can change it. If they make it so any one can build defenses then any attacking clan can come ashore and start dropping mortars. 

Maybe make it so alliance members can build defenses?

Thats exactly why the old system is better: this prevents the spamming of buildings. Noone can build in my claim, except I let him…. And i can build, what I want to.

I think, that the game would get more players if they fix some annoying things as: breeding time  - 48 Hours for bears -  unreachable for normal ppl., cooking - not really useful, stucking! animals stuck in foundations, I always stuck n foundation when i log in after there was an update,  NPCs - stucking or doing wirred things,  and the most important thing: you build up a very high defending base with walls and mortas, cannons, tamed animals, walls after walls and defending towers over days, weeks an months, and 2 funny ppl come in and blow everything away with a spoon and a Chewinggum in 1 - 2 Hours.... when they fix this Point, i think that everything would be cool, and ppl would come back... I am sure the patch with the submarine would bring back many Players, when they fix these points…  

i think devs are on a good way with atlas to make it not like ark (such a new /different game until full release)

same devs means not to make the same shit game again for those offline raiding mimimiiis

at some point of development atlas will become a fusion between pvp and pve 

wipes are normal af and at current state they have to do it cuz they need newbees and not only peoples without a job go play rustXD

I have no problem with the 9 hours raid timer. What bothers me is you have 15 hours of PVE time where you can't even kill someone. At this point might as well just take the 9 hours away and make 1 server call it PVE.

true, it should be possible to fight atleast on land, just don't allow to destroy buildings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arykos said:

true, it should be possible to fight atleast on land, just don't allow to destroy buildings

that's something worth discuss, a land raid during "safe time" could be a good idea

7 minutes ago, Alasson said:

that's something worth discuss, a land raid during "safe time" could be a good idea

Wont be possible because now the landowners company will has 15 hours of god mode from fighting other players. they are simply watering down the fighting in this game very sad. 

2 minutes ago, labatts said:

Wont be possible because now the landowners company will has 15 hours of god mode from fighting other players. they are simply watering down the fighting in this game very sad. 

who said is not possible? just open a topic on "suggestion" and explain your idea lol. Are you here only to cry about things or to discuss how to improve it?

Edited by Alasson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alasson said:

who said is not possible? just open a topic on "suggestion" and explain your idea lol. Are you here only to cry about things or to discuss how to improve it?

I have made suggestions but they are immediately shot down. hmmm crying about things got what you all wanted maybe I should try that.... Naw.

Edited by labatts

After reading many topics over the same issue I can't help but laugh.. it is the same shit over and over again. Those "hardcore gamers"( I mean hell, what does that even mean these days?) complaining because they can't attack someone's base whenever they feel like it. There WILL still be plenty of PvP, but it is just going to take a bit more planning is all. And since last I read, this is still Early Access and things are being tested out and assessed. With that in mind, if these changes don't go well and we speak our minds, things can be changed. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Just because things aren't going YOUR way or how YOU think they should go, doesn't mean they are wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

After reading many topics over the same issue I can't help but laugh.. it is the same shit over and over again. Those "hardcore gamers"( I mean hell, what does that even mean these days?) complaining because they can't attack someone's base whenever they feel like it. There WILL still be plenty of PvP, but it is just going to take a bit more planning is all. And since last I read, this is still Early Access and things are being tested out and assessed. With that in mind, if these changes don't go well and we speak our minds, things can be changed. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Just because things aren't going YOUR way or how YOU think they should go, doesn't mean they are wrong.

If you were referring to me I wasn't complaining about raiding bases. I was saying how its foolish that you cannot kill PLAYERS for their 15 hours of invulnerability time. I don't get why when people say PVP they automatically assume raiding peoples bases. We should however be able to fight anyone anywhere with the exceptions of freeports of course. 

20 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Zergling who needs to offline to win tells someone to "gitgud".

Cant imagine why someone wouldnt want to join your company.

God the annoyance of your coms must be deafening. 

Our coms are quite relaxed and organized and the rate in which new members join our company and remain active is quite consistent actually, you seem like somebody who is incredibly bummed out because his or her tiny group of 4 or 5 friends couldnt get a foothold or got constantly wiped because they couldnt handle the game how it was and id imagine when the new system comes out you will still get wiped, infact judging by your overall attitude towards how large groups (and almost all smaller ones) play the game i bet you and whoever you play with wont keep ownership of an island for very long after the wipe and just end up quitting the game or living on lawless.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:24 PM, xenobiaa said:

The war system and timers on pvp and offline raiding sound like absolutely trash, some of the most fun ive ever had in this game were launching sneak attacks on enemy harbors and having them try to funnel out in a panic to meet us in battle, or defending against people trying to offline raid us but catching them in the middle and beating them back, honestly it sounds like everyone complaining about pvp as it is right now needs to seriously get better at the game or move to pve for a more relaxed experience. So what? you dont have the time to invest in the game? fair enough the devs should reduce the grind dramatically to compensate but changing the core mechanics because it supports offline raiding or attacking harbors to destroy enemy ships? give me a break, this is an extremely poor design choice for pvp and although i appreciate how interested the devs are in trying to fix issues i dont think any of these changes are going to really solve anything, And Offline raids are a thing because all of you smaller groups popcorn everything when bigger groups try to online raid you! i think the devs need to start paying a bit more attention to how the game is played at the top rather than listening to the 50 players at the bottom that cant get a foothold because they are unable to or unwilling to invest the time necessary to ensure they wont get wiped while they are offline.

PVP in hardcore survival games isnt for everyone, thats why there is always an option to join a bigger group, or just playing pve for a more relaxed experience. My clan takes in all sorts of players, pvpers pvers and everyone in between because both types are absolutely necessary when you play PVP. I seriously hope the devs think a bit harder about the changes before the big wipe day and change them according to feedback before people invest time into building, maintaining islands and waging war.

This description reassures me the developers made the right decision with the PvP changes.

Edited by José Gaspar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1