xenobiaa

New pvp changes are trash.

The war system and timers on pvp and offline raiding sound like absolutely trash, some of the most fun ive ever had in this game were launching sneak attacks on enemy harbors and having them try to funnel out in a panic to meet us in battle, or defending against people trying to offline raid us but catching them in the middle and beating them back, honestly it sounds like everyone complaining about pvp as it is right now needs to seriously get better at the game or move to pve for a more relaxed experience. So what? you dont have the time to invest in the game? fair enough the devs should reduce the grind dramatically to compensate but changing the core mechanics because it supports offline raiding or attacking harbors to destroy enemy ships? give me a break, this is an extremely poor design choice for pvp and although i appreciate how interested the devs are in trying to fix issues i dont think any of these changes are going to really solve anything, And Offline raids are a thing because all of you smaller groups popcorn everything when bigger groups try to online raid you! i think the devs need to start paying a bit more attention to how the game is played at the top rather than listening to the 50 players at the bottom that cant get a foothold because they are unable to or unwilling to invest the time necessary to ensure they wont get wiped while they are offline.

PVP in hardcore survival games isnt for everyone, thats why there is always an option to join a bigger group, or just playing pve for a more relaxed experience. My clan takes in all sorts of players, pvpers pvers and everyone in between because both types are absolutely necessary when you play PVP. I seriously hope the devs think a bit harder about the changes before the big wipe day and change them according to feedback before people invest time into building, maintaining islands and waging war.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I work and study.

pls lets me sleep and be able to enjoy this game too. Thanks.

Make this game a bit more casual is better for your and the game health

Edited by Alasson
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Alasson said:

I work and study.

pls lets me sleep and be able to enjoy this game too. Thanks.

Make this game a bit more casual is better for your and the game health

completely reasonable but thats what pve is for, and im not trying to be toxic when saying that, its just a more relaxed casual forgiving experience. PVP is and always should be a time sink.

Edited by xenobiaa
derp

2 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

completely reasonable but thats what pve is for, and im not trying to be toxic when saying that, its just a more relaxed casual forgiving experience. PVP is and always should be a time sink.

hmm no, if you have too much time it's your business. 9 hours for day is hardcore enough for most players

Edited by Alasson
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Alasson said:

hmm no, if you have too much time it's your business. 9 hours for day is hardcore enough for most players

then perhaps you should find a new game?😛 but i do agree the grind should be greatly reduced so you can just hop in and get stuff done but not so much as its incredibly easy and requires no time at all.

Edited by xenobiaa
derp again

20 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

then perhaps you should find a new game?😛 but i do agree the grind should be greatly reduced so you can just hop in and get stuff done but not so much as its incredibly easy and requires no time at all.

maybe the devs just decided is you who have to find a new game where spent your 24 hours of free time -_-

Edited by Alasson
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Just now, Alasson said:

maybe the devs just decided is you who have to find a new game where spent your 24 hour of free time -_-

lol Maybe so but id wager in that scenario the pvp servers would be mostly dead a month after wipe, but i guess we will see where this all goes. I doubt the devs want their core audience to just move on to another game. But maybe im wrong! who knows at this point.

• Like 1

I bought a PVP game. I also paid for a second alt account. I'll be going out of my way to try to get it refunded. There are players that clearly should have been playing on PVE or unofficial servers, which cater to their needs. Rewrapping the entire game according to the 10% of players whining on the forum is akin, and as brilliant, as a restaurant changing their menu ONLY pursuant to the negative reviews they get on yelp.

While certainly, there are people who can start all over and enjoy it, and a few more who will hop in and start out fresh; most don't have the luxury of sinking the time in all over, and doing the SOS all over again. Like anything, 10% of your players are probably 90% of your steam chart player count; and most of those are the ones that you're going to drive off.

Changing the game entirely from PvP to forced solo-bob PVE is not what I paid for, and not what was ever advertised or demonstrated. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mrfoxtrot said:

I bought a PVP game. I also paid for a second alt account. I'll be going out of my way to try to get it refunded. There are players that clearly should have been playing on PVE or unofficial servers, which cater to their needs. Rewrapping the entire game according to the 10% of players whining on the forum is akin, and as brilliant, as a restaurant changing their menu ONLY pursuant to the negative reviews they get on yelp.

While certainly, there are people who can start all over and enjoy it, and a few more who will hop in and start out fresh; most don't have the luxury of sinking the time in all over, and doing the SOS all over again. Like anything, 10% of your players are probably 90% of your steam chart player count; and most of those are the ones that you're going to drive off.

Changing the game entirely from PvP to forced solo-bob PVE is not what I paid for, and not what was ever advertised or demonstrated. 

Amen.

You bought PvP game and you are complaining about what? Solution for offline raiding? Can you please tell me where is pvp in offline raiding?

Protection from offline raiding means much more online action = much more PvP. 

If you just want to destroy someone while he is offline then sorry, you are just a griefer. It has nothing to do with PvP.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Willard said:

You bought PvP game and you are complaining about what? Solution for offline raiding? Can you please tell me where is pvp in offline raiding?

Protection from offline raiding means much more online action = much more PvP. 

If you just want to destroy someone while he is offline then sorry, you are just a griefer. It has nothing to do with PvP.

Just because someone raids someone offline doesn't make them a griefer. There may be other reasons as to why the person offlined someone.

• Like 1

We have been thougroughly raided(emptied) like 6-7 times so far now. How many fights did we get? 0. So much for PvP. It is PvB that most people are playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, aladinf said:

We have been thougroughly raided(emptied) like 6-7 times so far now. How many fights did we get? 0. So much for PvP. It is PvB that most people are playing.

Maybe with a little better planning and trying to outsmart other people you wouldnt have been emptied out. 

All i am saying is, it is PvB that the others played not PvP. And in the new System the people who take joy in PvBing will still be able to do it on lawless and unclaimed islands. On the others actualy PvP is needed to achieve something.

Edited by aladinf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

You mean PvP should only be for ppl without a RL job and RL friends/family ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it is like talk with drug addict o.o

Don't worry I'll open pvp on night sometimes so you could offline raid me. I didn't know it was so important for players to fight vs walls. But if it is, I'll prepare a whole Island just for you, open only in night time with triple walls and fantastic towers, full of storage you can pop corn

Edited by Alasson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

PVP in hardcore survival games isnt for everyone

This is a MMO not a hardcore Survival game that's Ark and it's still there for you 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DGSixKado said:

This is a MMO not a hardcore Survival game that's Ark and it's still there for you 

The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

• Like 3

I made my peace with the current PVP system, the new one is trash.

Again Grapeshot repaired something that was not broken.

• Like 3

Yea the new system is trash, because u can't grief at night. Fuck you need to fight your enemies at daytime. FFS how can I be a pussy now and destroy everything without taking the risk to get killed 😕

My hope is that they make it so that attacking during this period is slightly easier. So they can remove all the previous changes that were set up to help defenders during offline attacks. E.g. Puckles need reverting. 

15 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

The war system and timers on pvp and offline raiding sound like absolutely trash, some of the most fun ive ever had in this game were launching sneak attacks on enemy harbors and having them try to funnel out in a panic to meet us in battle, or defending against people trying to offline raid us but catching them in the middle and beating them back, honestly it sounds like everyone complaining about pvp as it is right now needs to seriously get better at the game or move to pve for a more relaxed experience. So what? you dont have the time to invest in the game? fair enough the devs should reduce the grind dramatically to compensate but changing the core mechanics because it supports offline raiding or attacking harbors to destroy enemy ships? give me a break, this is an extremely poor design choice for pvp and although i appreciate how interested the devs are in trying to fix issues i dont think any of these changes are going to really solve anything, And Offline raids are a thing because all of you smaller groups popcorn everything when bigger groups try to online raid you! i think the devs need to start paying a bit more attention to how the game is played at the top rather than listening to the 50 players at the bottom that cant get a foothold because they are unable to or unwilling to invest the time necessary to ensure they wont get wiped while they are offline.

PVP in hardcore survival games isnt for everyone, thats why there is always an option to join a bigger group, or just playing pve for a more relaxed experience. My clan takes in all sorts of players, pvpers pvers and everyone in between because both types are absolutely necessary when you play PVP. I seriously hope the devs think a bit harder about the changes before the big wipe day and change them according to feedback before people invest time into building, maintaining islands and waging war.

You sound like a fat nerd. I dont wanna join your shit zerg clan. 

I like to sleep thx.

Fight me when I'm online . Dont like it?

Go fight some dude who loses connection somewhere. Maybe you will be able to still win a fight.

Fukin zergling trash.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Thats a lot of hours invested! I have a full time job & kids and sank this many hours into this shit! 

If I am honest I am not sure I will sink the same hours going forward. It was a PvP hardcore survival. We are a company of 3/5 and have been for a long time. We survived, established great bases. 50+ flags. I understand waking up and your shit is gone but to turn the PvP side into this new shit? Allow stronger defense abilities. NPC & Puckles are shit.. Give us Alpha NPCS. Give us stronger shit to defend with, LOTS more stuff to defend with when were in our pants sleeping.. 

One Flag per island.. Cmon.. Your pushing more than half the player base of atlas to join a bigger team. We will not join bigger teams. We like our own control.. You have fucked that up. People dont want to be allowed to build on some one's land.. They want land.. you have reduced the amount of people that will own land to about -70% less. If the land owners company get fucked off with you they just destroy your shit? 

Preventing Offline raiding did not need to be this strong at all.. 

I think your next update should be the planes/tanks & flying machines just to top this shit off.... 

You will see once the update goes live and we who established a base can not get our own island will not play this no more for that factor alone.. Maybe the most flags by one tribe on that island gets more of say/power on that island rather 1 person owning and all the rest are there bitches... 

Meh I hope this works but I cant see it honestly. 

My average hours per day will drop massively until the update that is in 2-4 weeks? I may fall in love with another game by then.. I have 1 task to do and that is to make 1 giant penis tower in our base then I am done until the new patch comes out.. I will follow this back with an updated pic! 

happy PvP for now! 

ce66d736f33ba9f4c67f3aae7503b0a5.png

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Alca said:

Thats a lot of hours invested! I have a full time job & kids and sank this many hours into this shit! 

If I am honest I am not sure I will sink the same hours going forward. It was a PvP hardcore survival. We are a company of 3/5 and have been for a long time. We survived, established great bases. 50+ flags. I understand waking up and your shit is gone but to turn the PvP side into this new shit? Allow stronger defense abilities. NPC & Puckles are shit.. Give us Alpha NPCS. Give us stronger shit to defend with, LOTS more stuff to defend with when were in our pants sleeping.. 

One Flag per island.. Cmon.. Your pushing more than half the player base of atlas to join a bigger team. We will not join bigger teams. We like our own control.. You have fucked that up. People dont want to be allowed to build on some one's land.. They want land.. you have reduced the amount of people that will own land to about -70% less. If the land owners company get fucked off with you they just destroy your shit? 

Preventing Offline raiding did not need to be this strong at all.. 

I think your next update should be the planes/tanks & flying machines just to top this shit off.... 

You will see once the update goes live and we who established a base can not get our own island will not play this no more for that factor alone.. Maybe the most flags by one tribe on that island gets more of say/power on that island rather 1 person owning and all the rest are there bitches... 

Meh I hope this works but I cant see it honestly. 

My average hours per day will drop massively until the update that is in 2-4 weeks? I may fall in love with another game by then.. I have 1 task to do and that is to make 1 giant penis tower in our base then I am done until the new patch comes out.. I will follow this back with an updated pic! 

happy PvP for now! 

ce66d736f33ba9f4c67f3aae7503b0a5.png

Actually you will be able to claim land much easier since people will need to pay upkeep for their Settlement. That means much less flag spamming and megacompanies holding 20 Islands. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1