strawman

10x till wipe

For what? 

For me it is not the ressources, gold, tames, ships or structures. Its the work, its the time with friends, its the adventure. 

3 months is a long time in this game and yes, with x10 you can getm a lot of ressources etc. and it will never be the same. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

For what? 

For me it is not the ressources, gold, tames, ships or structures. Its the work, its the time with friends, its the adventure. 

3 months is a long time in this game and yes, with x10 you can getm a lot of ressources etc. and it will never be the same. 

So I can spend the next month on non-stop naval PvP without grinding another ship every time I lose

It will be a moot point for most of us.  Why bother when all the effort will be pointless?  Hours of your life down the rabbit hole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raine said:

It will be a moot point for most of us.  Why bother when all the effort will be pointless?  Hours of your life down the rabbit hole.

Its not pointless to have fun and get experience and knowledge of the game.

Laugh out loud at people complaining of losing there progress in a game that’s basically beta. It’s not even actual release yet. You played the game you made stuff. It’s not a tangible thing you made. Just remake it. You played the game itself. You didnt actually make a ship or base in real life. You never get to keep what you have in beta. 

I remwber when when I played beta in wow. I can’t beleive they made me re level and gain my items back when the game released. What a waste of time. 

Edited by Tillman

42 minutes ago, strawman said:

So I can spend the next month on non-stop naval PvP without grinding another ship every time I lose

You are aware that not everyone is playing PvP?

Trust me, it's not the only beta game I've played.  And I've used the same leverage on other people, "FFS, it's beta! Of course it will change drastically."

As for Tillman's point that "You never get to keep what you have in beta," I'd have to say that mirrors real life.  You're just the current custodian of whatever you think you own right now; some day it will belong to someone else, sooner or later.  

I honestly dont see the point in 10x either, a large portiom of people will probably stop playing. Which means you might end up being one of the only people sailing on a server versus people who are either doing the same and missing you or people like me who would just spend it building new things to test it out. Which us what I do already.

I'd like to finish some of my projects and test some ship build ideas before the wipe, now I have little consern for ship loss, I can push the ships to limits.   My company currently has 30 ships per active player.   We have lots of sinking to do.

46 minutes ago, Raine said:

LOL, isn't all time spent playing games down the rabbit hole?

8 minutes ago, bluelance said:

I honestly dont see the point in 10x either, a large portiom of people will probably stop playing. Which means you might end up being one of the only people sailing on a server versus people who are either doing the same and missing you or people like me who would just spend it building new things to test it out. Which us what I do already.

Also to your point. A lot of players will come back because of this. All my friends that quit are really excited about the wipe and are planning on coming back. So there’s 2 sides to the coin. 

3 minutes ago, Tillman said:

Also to your point. A lot of players will come back because of this. All my friends that quit are really excited about the wipe and are planning on coming back. So there’s 2 sides to the coin. 

I agree about some people coming back, but I reckon a lot of those people who have left before will probably leave again.

No point, working for nothing. They made the wrong move announcing it weeks in advance, should have been days.

I won't be bothering with it until its wiped and alot of others will do same i'd imagine.

If the game becomes better and better and it takes 5 wipes then I’m still fine with that. After all is good and ready to launch. Then we can take all the knowledge we have learned and have an advantage over all new players on release.