Spanglyes

PvE foundation spam and resource blocking

17 minutes ago, Willard said:

Because its their game and they decide what to implement?

Ha! Yes, it's Grapeshots game - although not their idea - and there is the problem. The Grapeshot dudes aren't the ones who play the game, and of course, they don't pay for it.
So, as it is with EVERY COMPANY in the whole economy world, the way to success is to deliver a product the buyer wants. Not the dev.

1 minute ago, Tinschn said:

Ha! Yes, it's Grapeshots game - although not their idea - and there is the problem. The Grapeshot dudes aren't the ones who play the game, and of course, they don't pay for it.
So, as it is with EVERY COMPANY in the whole economy world, the way to success is to deliver a product the buyer wants. Not the dev.

I want taxes for instance. You don't. Many other want taxes like me and many other don't like you. What would you choose as a developer? 

This game is based on claim and tax system since the beginning. It will stay, get over it. We can speculate about how it developes but it will stay 😉

Just now, Willard said:

I want taxes for instance. You don't. Many other want taxes like me and many other don't like you. What would you choose as a developer? 

This game is based on claim and tax system since the beginning. It will stay, get over it. We can speculate about how it developes but it will stay 😉

Making a survey would at least save Grapeshot, because then players can blame only themselves.

I either want or don't want taxes, I simply don't want to farm so that others can build their base. As said, if the tax amount is additionally generated, I don't care.
But I'm not sure if the tax system will stay in either way. Remember, as they first announce the new PVE system, it was planned that all islands on PVE would be lawless.

9 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

Making a survey would at least save Grapeshot, because then players can blame only themselves.

I either want or don't want taxes, I simply don't want to farm so that others can build their base. As said, if the tax amount is additionally generated, I don't care.
But I'm not sure if the tax system will stay in either way. Remember, as they first announce the new PVE system, it was planned that all islands on PVE would be lawless.

Oh so you don't want to to farm and pay "tax" which isn't even tax in the first place. You realize that ugly landowner HAS to pay upkeep which means he has to farm gold just for staying an owner. That gold which YOU can use for anything else like buying NPCs, cosmetics etc. We for instance pay fuckin 1300g/day just to have an island. Oh poor settlers who harvest that 10k wood per day and we got 2k wood from it. We are such slavers ...

I don't think you even realise there is an upkeep cost. 

Edited by Willard

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

Oh so you don't want to to farm and pay "tax" which isn't even tax in the first place. You realize that ugly landowner HAS to pay upkeep which means he has to farm gold just for staying an owner. That gold which YOU can use for anything else like buying NPCs, cosmetics etc. We for instance pay fuckin 1300g/day just to have an island. Oh poor settlers who harvest that 10k wood per day and we got 2k wood from it. We are such slavers ...

I don't know why you sound so aggressive, I said my opinion and with the current system - if you don't want to pay 1300 gold per day, then simply look for a smaller island.
Oh, wait - there is none left.

Just now, Tinschn said:

I don't know why you sound so aggressive, I said my opinion and with the current system - if you don't want to pay 1300 gold per day, then simply look for a smaller island.
Oh, wait - there is none left.

Im not aggresive, I'm just expaining to you that landowner has to pay an actual tax whilr settler doesn't. You consider this system like owner of the island has everything and settler have nothing. Which is just utter bullshit. You choose what u want to be. Or just go lawless. You got 3 options how to play. 

42 minutes ago, Willard said:

Im not aggresive, I'm just expaining to you that landowner has to pay an actual tax whilr settler doesn't. You consider this system like owner of the island has everything and settler have nothing. Which is just utter bullshit. You choose what u want to be. Or just go lawless. You got 3 options how to play. 

same as landowners they also have the same choices except they get to say who can and cant build on the island they claimed , which is something the devs didnt think about when implementing this system , they were so focused on trying to allow anyone to build and make land available to everyone ,they forgot about the human nature aspect , players want thier own slice of the areas available they dont want to be told or have to ask permission to build or not , then there are players as seen from the old claim system that are selfish and want entire islands to themselfs ,this is stilla thing with this system , i have seen island messages claiming this island isnt big enough for anyone but us , u are being a tad agressive  about a system that is not suited to PVE , so unless u are replying  in a pve context then this doesnt really apply to you , 

in pvp an island owners says no u cant build here , later when u finally get established you can go to war with him and remove him from his isalnd and then taunt him with " you should have let me build"

pve an island owner says u cant build anything , there is not a lot to be done , except try to grief them off the island by building so many pillars and foundations they cant keep up with the removal of them , other than that u have to accept that the game u paid for u cant play how you would like to ... you are stuck with a rules based sandbox ..

gold upkeep cost is a joke no where near enough to be a worry , once established any player solo or larger companys can get 10s of thousands of gold over a single weekend , so using that to try to convince players that the gold is a reason to be able to say yes or no to settlers is a rubbish excuse , 

so again i will reiterate what i have said before this system is great for pvp , but rubbish for pve , 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UDO said:

same as landowners they also have the same choices except they get to say who can and cant build on the island they claimed , which is something the devs didnt think about when implementing this system , they were so focused on trying to allow anyone to build and make land available to everyone ,they forgot about the human nature aspect , players want thier own slice of the areas available they dont want to be told or have to ask permission to build or not , then there are players as seen from the old claim system that are selfish and want entire islands to themselfs ,this is stilla thing with this system , i have seen island messages claiming this island isnt big enough for anyone but us , u are being a tad agressive  about a system that is not suited to PVE , so unless u are replying  in a pve context then this doesnt really apply to you , 

in pvp an island owners says no u cant build here , later when u finally get established you can go to war with him and remove him from his isalnd and then taunt him with " you should have let me build"

pve an island owner says u cant build anything , there is not a lot to be done , except try to grief them off the island by building so many pillars and foundations they cant keep up with the removal of them , other than that u have to accept that the game u paid for u cant play how you would like to ... you are stuck with a rules based sandbox ..

gold upkeep cost is a joke no where near enough to be a worry , once established any player solo or larger companys can get 10s of thousands of gold over a single weekend , so using that to try to convince players that the gold is a reason to be able to say yes or no to settlers is a rubbish excuse , 

so again i will reiterate what i have said before this system is great for pvp , but rubbish for pve , 

Upkeep is a joke ... ookee m8 🙂 it seems we don't persuade each other. Cya, I will go enjoying the game instead.

17 minutes ago, Willard said:

Demolish is available only 24 hours after building a structure. As a long term game like this is it really that harsh? Do u actually play Atlas ? 

Btw this game is build about landlord/tenant system. It is not intended EVERYONE has its own land. Definitely not solo players. Its just how this game works now and will work in the future.

You shouldn't be able to demolish anything of anyone's, be it an 1hr or 24 hrs on PvE, That's the whole point is to avoid conflict with players, my point still stands, if someone wants, they can destroy your base, if it's outside the time frame  they can  foundation spam you or do as they please. it's already been said people are noticing more in lawless areas because people don't want o deal with the system. Not saying there's no where at all, but you have to look hard for it or accept you'll be someones resource cow for the foreseeable future.

"Btw this game is build about landlord/tenant system" Yes now, before I don't remember being a tenant of anyone.

"It is not intended EVERYONE has its own land"  Again, only now, before people were able to clam a little area for themselves and that system was fine, it just need limiting.

You're acting as if this was something the game started with, when it didn't at all.

Also this game isn't kings and queens or about government, it's a PIRATE game, whether it's fantasy or reality pirates never were "tenants" They were rulers of their own fate and domain. In truth it doesn't fit the theme at all, but as i said, i'm happy to with it if they're willing to improve on it make it a 50/50 exchange for both landlord and tenant, right now it's all in favor for the landlord or also allow player to live on their ships comfortably 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UDO said:

Gold is not as easy to get now. Remember the nerf they put on gold pre wipe? Without boosts, no way can a solo person farm that much gold in a weekend. Now, with a bear, doing nothing else but sailing for maps, i can see 10,000 in a weekend spending 16 hours a day each  2 days. Plus, they've now nerfed gold from whales.

Edited by 8ball

26 minutes ago, 8ball said:

Gold is not as easy to get now. Remember the nerf they put on gold pre wipe? Without boosts, no way can a solo person farm that much gold in a weekend. Now, with a bear, doing nothing else but sailing for maps, i can see 10,000 in a weekend spending 16 hours a day each  2 days. Plus, they've now nerfed gold from whales.

they readjusted whales gold so the decrease is 17% not 35% now 

few high grade maps and a bear really? u cant net several thousand gold in a weeknd ?  , a few  wrecks on the way to treasure maps can net u 500 + gold thats inbetween on your way to treasure map island   , first 2 wrecks i dived for that took maybe 5 mins each netted me 130gold that was while i still had my ramshackle sloop and stopped just to break up the long sail , so to say u cannot get more than 10k in a weeknd solo  unless u spend 16 hrs day is wrong , do higher grade maps and wrecks doesnt take long  

friend of mine did 1550 gold in an hour or so yesterday  doing fast low lvl treasure maps its easy if u know what to do how to do it gold is too easy , get established u will be spednding most of your time treasure maps , wrecks etc , gold will build up to the point u will have 100s of days of  gold upkeep

Edited by UDO

The funny thing about gold upkeep for claims is that the only reason it's needed is because everyone doesn't get a claim, so it's for balance.  You get a claim, he doesn't, you have to do upkeep, he doesn't, etc.

If they used a claim system where everybody was expected to be able to have a claim, you wouldn't need upkeep.  Everyone just gets one by virtue of paying for the game and playing it.  The only real purpose of upkeep and decay in a game like this is to make sure that once people are gone from the game, their stuff gets removed.  All that takes is a simple rendering timer like we have now for ships.  You don't log in and visit your stuff in X days, it goes away.  No need to reinforce that with upkeep and decay, it works all on its own.

Yet another reason to go back to claims with limits:

Everyone gets to own land

No upkeep or decay needed on claims

More frequent turnover of land so new people can find a claim easier

No trying to balance ways the haves and have-nots can grief each other.  He can delete your stuff, but you can spam pillars, etc.  (Who the hell invents a system where you have to balance griefing anyway?)

People get to concentrate on having adventures rather than fighting passive-aggressive pve battles over land and pillars, and worrying about having their stuff destroyed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UDO said:

they readjusted whales gold so the decrease is 17% not 35% now 

few high grade maps and a bear really? u cant net several thousand gold in a weeknd ?  , a few  wrecks on the way to treasure maps can net u 500 + gold thats inbetween on your way to treasure map island   , first 2 wrecks i dived for that took maybe 5 mins each netted me 130gold that was while i still had my ramshackle sloop and stopped just to break up the long sail , so to say u cannot get more than 10k in a weeknd solo  unless u spend 16 hrs day is wrong , do higher grade maps and wrecks doesnt take long  

friend of mine did 1550 gold in an hour or so yesterday  doing fast low lvl treasure maps its easy if u know what to do how to do it gold is too easy , get established u will be spednding most of your time treasure maps , wrecks etc , gold will build up to the point u will have 100s of days of  gold upkeep

Several thousand yes. Not 10's of thousands, solo.

8 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Why?

Why do you have to be the sole person in charge, They've set up a governor and tenant system, with lawless for people like you. Thats the game, it's fit's the pirate theme you want in the game, it fit's the real life south sea's of that era. Why would they not try to replicate it in thier game?

it's fit's the pirate theme you want in the game??? do you even know the definition of a pirate?

" Piracy is an act of robbery, criminal violence of other war-like acts that are committed at the sea by private parties that are not affiliated with any government"

in the game a tenant/governor is the equivalent of government so.....

also i cant imagine a pirate religously paying his taxes in due time, you can call this game several things, but at least in PvE this is not a pirate game, is more like a sailing/taming simulator, sailing is not even encouraged, Sea of thieves does a better job at pirate themed game than this

6 hours ago, Willard said:

Upkeep is a joke ... ookee m8 🙂 it seems we don't persuade each other. Cya, I will go enjoying the game instead.

"428 posts" you spend several hrs trolling in the forum every day instead of playing the game so yeah the game must be a very fun thing to do 😂

8 hours ago, Willard said:

Because its their game and they decide what to implement?

so? does that automatically makes anything the implement perfect? i think you are totally missing the point here (probably on purpose)

on a side note i am curious, where are you from?, it must be a hell of a country if what you are taught is to be a conformist and renounce at the possibility of improving something.

Edited by The D Legacy

9 hours ago, 8ball said:

Several thousand yes. Not 10's of thousands, solo.

yes 10s of thousabnd of gold over a single weekend , i have 3 maps i picked up a few mins ago each one worth almost 1000 gold , all in the same grid will take me less than an hour to get them all thats almost 3k gold , thats a 1/3 towards the first 10 k in less than an hour , go   learn how the game works and how to maximise your gold income , 

9 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

"428 posts" you spend several hrs trolling in the forum every day instead of playing the game so yeah the game must be a very fun thing to do 😂

i make a lot of post while sailing between grids , so whats your point ? 

18 hours ago, UDO said:

thats exactly my point, if the game allows such a big inactivity window as to "kill time" in the forum when it should be constantly and continuosly requiring player's keyboard inputs (when not in a "rest" area) even if it is only to direct the ship, adjust speed, turn sails, avoid enemies etc i simply cannot find that something mentally stimulating and therefore fun (wich he stated it was) and also i consider it a game design flaw.

18 hours ago, UDO said:

yes 10s of thousabnd of gold over a single weekend , i have 3 maps i picked up a few mins ago each one worth almost 1000 gold , all in the same grid will take me less than an hour to get them all thats almost 3k gold , thats a 1/3 towards the first 10 k in less than an hour , go   learn how the game works and how to maximise your gold income , 

My god, fine. Good lord you're a salty one. But hey, you win.

• Haha 1

Hey I can concur. I made 5k on eu pve yesterday doing a few hours worth of maps I literally collect a bunch from one grid or a grid away and do them all.. It can be done easily. Ok so I did have to tame 2 extra bears to get that JM map done for the treasure master update. But on the forum topic. Man claimed islands are getting foundation spammed out more then lawless. Glad I chose to not do that whole claim thing.

4 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

thats exactly my point, if the game allows such a big inactivity window as to "kill time" in the forum when it should be constantly and continuosly requiring player's keyboard inputs (when not in a "rest" area) even if it is only to direct the ship, adjust speed, turn sails, avoid enemies etc i simply cannot find that something mentally stimulating and therefore fun (wich he stated it was) and also i consider it a game design flaw.

i have to agree with u on this one , the sheer boredom of the sailing mechanic is why i rushed around getting beds set up in various places so that i dont have to continually sail , if i want the resources from that area i throw a quick sloop together for transport , 

there isnt enough in the game at sea at the moment to warrant really paying attention when sailing, set course open sails and go afk , with the wind in right direction even sotd are not a problem they may get a few shot off but am well out of range before any real damage is done 

• Like 1