Spanglyes

PvE foundation spam and resource blocking

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

what I especially like is that all players left because of claim system 😄

Not all, but many.
You know that the game dies if everyone leaves, right?

• Like 1

Jesus. So much words for nothing 🙂 what I especially like is that all players left because of claim system 😄 you sir made my day. Thank you.

i see you are a simple men with a simple brain, as it was once said in the greek congress: risus abundant in ore stultorum (laughter abounds in the mouth of fools), you are welcome.

9 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

As I said - since the announcement many people left because they disagree and felt that their feedback was ignored. No, it was indeed ignored. Surely some of them never tried the new system, some of them may tried, but as we learned in the past, accepting players' feedback isn't Grapeshot's thing, so why should they take the trouble to write their complaints here after being ignored for three times? They left and this is it.

What me personally bothers is the following:
Pre-patch, we shared an island with 4 other companies. With one of them we had no contact, one company trolled us, and the other two were just nice neighbors. We get over the trouble with the one company and lived happily together - we owned with 5-7 active players 7 claim flags, and 6 of them were set to allow building for everyone with 15% taxes. The other companies on our island did the same thing. And guess what? Nobody built there, but all over the forum, players cried about not having space to build, what was clearly not the case (as you search the forum, you may even find threads where people invited others to their island).

And now? After the patch, people still complaining about not having space to build - or, even worse, they think they can build and then their base is destroyed.
My mate and me (the others of our company left the game because of the outrageous behaviour of the devs) started to play again right after the patch was released and didn't manage to get an island, because the devs didn't think about one simple thing: showing players that an island is currently in a claiming phase, but not yet claimed. So we sailed 9 hours from small island to island to finally notice, that a) the island is almost claimed, and b) that big companies claimed small island because they can't afford the big ones.

In sum, I'm complaining now about the same problems others complained about pre-patch: I don't have an island and can't build, at least if I care about my stuff.
I don't care about getting taxes or something, I want my own land where my stuff, my ships and my tames are save from others' stupid behaviour. The new system can't give me that.

Why exactly can't you build? Because owner can demolish your structures 24 hours after you buils them? Thats all? Have you tried asking an owner if you can build there? Works like a miracle. Actually most of owners will be glad they will have a settler because it lowers the upkeep and they have ADDITIVE tax from you. 

Whats the matter with u PvE guys? You can lose not last day, but whole weeks of progress during couple of hours on PvP server just by being part od pvp. And you complain about owner being able to destroy structures built in last 24 hours. How the hell would he be able to deal with griefers without this? 

Just communicate with the owner of the island. Its not that hard. 

Edited by Willard

4 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

Not all, but many.
You know that the game dies if everyone leaves, right?

he cant understand that, he is simple so he has to see things in absolute numbers, like "all" or "no one"

3 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

i see you are a simple men with a simple brain, as it was once said in the greek congress: risus abundant in ore stultorum (laughter abounds in the mouth of fools), you are welcome.

No, its just a waste of time to discuss with whiners like you 😉 i won't waste my time for that, sorry. Im a lawyer, i'm used to have some useful discussions. If I don't see the light on the end of tunnel, im losing interest.

Edited by Willard

Just now, Willard said:

No, its just a waste of time to discuss with whiners like you 😉 i won't waste my time for that, sorry.

ah! out of arguments already?, man you need to defend your ideas more otherwise its boring transforming your arguments into dust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willard said:

Why exactly can't you build? Because owner can demolish your structures 24 hours after you buils them? Thats all? Have you tried asking an owner if you can build there? Works like a miracle. Actually most of owners will be glad they will have a settler because it lowers the upkeep and they have ADDITIVE tax from you. 

Whats the matter with u PvE guys? You can lose not last day, but whole weeks of progress during couple of hours on PvP server just by being part od pvp. And you complain about owner being able to destroy structures built in last 24 hours. How the hell would he be able to deal with griefers without this?

We stopped asking after a few times.
Best experience so far was a guy on an completely unclaimed, big island - we built a trap to tame a bear. He came and yelled something we couldn't understand, rushed over to our desired bear, killed it and told us that this is his island and we kindly have to ask him if we want to do stuff here. Big drama.

And - because I don't want to loose the progress of weeks, I don't play PVP. That's it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tinschn said:

We stopped asking after a few times.
Best experience so far was a guy on an completely unclaimed, big island - we built a trap to tame a bear. He came and yelled something we couldn't understand, rushed over to our desired bear, killed it and told us that this is his island and we kindly have to ask him if we want to do stuff here. Big drama.

And - because I don't want to loose the progress of weeks, I don't play PVP. That's it.

If that was an unclaimed island you didnt speak with the owner did u?

24 hours ... this type of game is played for months. But those 24 hours still bother you. Man, I don't know what to say, really. 

Suggest another way how to deal with griefers then.

If that was an unclaimed island you didnt speak with the owner did u?

24 hours ... this type of game is played for months. But those 24 hours still bother you. Man, I don't know what to say, really. 

Suggest another way how to deal with griefers then.

Sweet baby jesus ... you sail around and ask "hey, is build on island YXZ save?" and then you get your answers.
Building somewhere without speaking to the owner seemes a bit stupid at the moment.

I only gave you an example with what you have to deal on PVE.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

Sweet baby jesus ... you sail around and ask "hey, is build on island YXZ save?" and then you get your answers.
Building somewhere without speaking to the owner seemes a bit stupid at the moment.

I only gave you an example with what you have to deal on PVE.

Ye and where is the problem? You meet an idiot on PvE killing your tame and because od that system should be changed? You know yourself its really easy to ask an owner if you can build there so where so you see problem? 

Edited by Willard

Ye and where is the problem? You meet an idiot on PvE killing your tame and because od that system should be changed? You know yourself its really easy to ask an owner if you can build there so where so you see problem?

Dude, I described you my problems with the claiming system in detail before. It's not because one dude pissed me off.
And again: when searching through the forums and reddit, you may find some guys who talked to the island owner, he agreed to let them build - they built there, and then the owner came back and destroyed their stuff.
Yes, not everyone is such a stupid kiddo, but people who love the game should be safe from such behaviour.

Maybe the problem is that some people in PVE get bored to soon and therefore started with such shenanigans.
But this whole conversations shows in my opinion only one thing: we need different rule sets for PVP and PVE.

6 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

Dude, I described you my problems with the claiming system in detail before. It's not because one dude pissed me off.
And again: when searching through the forums and reddit, you may find some guys who talked to the island owner, he agreed to let them build - they built there, and then the owner came back and destroyed their stuff.
Yes, not everyone is such a stupid kiddo, but people who love the game should be safe from such behaviour.

Maybe the problem is that some people in PVE get bored to soon and therefore started with such shenanigans.
But this whole conversations shows in my opinion only one thing: we need different rule sets for PVP and PVE.

People can't be protected from everything in the game. You want smt which isn't possible.

You want developers protecting you like a baby from other players on PvE. In every MMO you can see some sort of griefing. Its simply not possible to exclude completely. If people interact to each other there will always be ways how to grief others. 

No matter what they do and how they shape the game there will be griefing. Don't blame devs, blame players.

Edited by Willard

People can't be protected from everything in the game. You want smt which isn't possible.

You want developers protecting you like a baby from other players on PvE. In every MMO you can see some sort of griefing. Its simply not possible to exclude completely. If people interact to each other there will always be ways how to grief others. 

Is that so? Then tell me: Take the old system, remove sea claims, limit the number of claim flags per player to 1,  limit the company size to 200 or maybe 250 (I'm not sure what the previous max size of company members was, 500?), take away the ability to anchor ships in front of others shipyards and take the new map with new islands.

How should anybody piss me off then? It's my land, I'm the only one who can build there, nobody could block my shipyard. Sounds better to me than to depend on someone's mood.

8 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

Is that so? Then tell me: Take the old system, remove sea claims, limit the number of claim flags per player to 1,  limit the company size to 200 or maybe 250 (I'm not sure what the previous max size of company members was, 500?), take away the ability to anchor ships in front of others shipyards and take the new map with new islands.

How should anybody piss me off then? It's my land, I'm the only one who can build there, nobody could block my shipyard. Sounds better to me than to depend on someone's mood.

Claiming metal/gem spots and pillar it so noone can harvest. 

Big companies having too much claims. Metal spots taxed on full (from companies with more members, they claim 1 island on sector and metal spots on all other islands on sector).

Building on the edge of you claim so you cant move anywhere.

Etc etc.

Don't underestimate griefers, they are pretty resourceful. 

Edited by Willard

11 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

Wow, that's a lot of work on a system we don't even have anymore.

Try giving suggestions on the one we do?

Claiming metal/gem spots and pillar it so noone can harvest. 

Big companies having too much claims. Metal spots taxed on full (from companies with more members, they claim 1 island on sector and metal spots on all other islands on sector).

Building on the edge of you claim so you cant move anywhere.

Etc etc.

Don't underestimate griefers, they are pretty resourceful.

Oh, completely forgot about that.
Taxes should be removed and building on nodes and ruines has to be blocked (as it is possible in ARK to prevent someone to build on certain areas, this should not be a problem).

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Just communicate with the owner of the island. Its not that hard. 

no player should have to ask , this system in pve is a fucking joke , 

25 minutes ago, Willard said:

No matter what they do and how they shape the game there will be griefing. Don't blame devs, blame players.

yes they can old claim system with flag limits and sea claim removed nothing could have been simpler 

4 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

there isnt one , this system the devs came up with was not asked for suggested or mentioned by any players in game or here on the forums ..all that players suggested and was voted by a large majority was limiting the claim flags per player / company ,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UDO said:

no player should have to ask , this system in pve is a fucking joke ,

Why?

Why do you have to be the sole person in charge, They've set up a governor and tenant system, with lawless for people like you. Thats the game, it's fit's the pirate theme you want in the game, it fit's the real life south sea's of that era. Why would they not try to replicate it in thier game?

5 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Why?

Why do you have to be the sole person in charge, They've set up a governor and tenant system, with lawless for people like you. Thats the game, it's fit's the pirate theme you want in the game, it fit's the real life south sea's of that era. Why would they not try to replicate it in thier game?

the system that was asked for and voted for in player polls was a simple limit to the claim flags per person/ comapny to stop solo players / 2-3 man comapnys owning whole islands , guess what they still do , and a lot of them wont allow other to build , 

PVP THE SYSTEM IS FINE as u have option to remove griefers etc 

PVE the system doesnt work, small no build radius allows griefing building up to others walls stoppig them building any further on their bases  and in some cases even inside pens blocking in tames , no way to stop it ,

the old flag system worked as it gave players there own patch that others couldnt build inside and grief , was a good pve system the only flaw was the no limit to how many claims could be placed , 

quoting its pirate game for pve doesnt make sense  , quoting its a pirate game  fits  pvp it makes sense as u can enact revenge for others griefing behavior 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

I have ideas, but I don't know if they were possible.

My first step would be readjusting the point system, so that larger companies can afford the big islands which mostly have all kind of resources. In return, owning two islands where one is quite smaller than the other, the smaller one should give some kind of disadvantage to the company to encourage the large companies to have only the big islands.
For people who are not interested in having their own island, there could be some kind of ingame rating for settlements from people who built on a foreign settlement. This would encourage owners to act nice to settlers if they really want them.

In the past, there was a big discussion with the taxes, more precisely, if the amount of taxes is subtracted from the harvested amount of ressources, or if it is additionally generated. I'm not sure how the discussion ended, but it feels like the taxes amount is subtracted. Why don't make it the other way? It wouldn' t be such a disadvantage for settlers, and the island owner would still have his taxes. But can't estimate if this would be too much.

Nevertheless, I prefer the old system with tweaks.

Edited by Tinschn

4 minutes ago, UDO said:

the system that was asked for and voted for in player polls was a simple limit to the claim flags per person/ comapny to stop solo players / 2-3 man comapnys owning whole islands , guess what they still do , and a lot of them wont allow other to build , 

PVP THE SYSTEM IS FINE as u have option to remove griefers etc 

PVE the system doesnt work, small no build radius allows griefing building up to others walls stoppig them building any further on their bases  and in some cases even inside pens blocking in tames , no way to stop it ,

the old flag system worked as it gave players there own patch that others couldnt build inside and grief , was a good pve system the only flaw was the no limit to how many claims could be placed , 

Build radius is small only on lawless. Thats why you should consider moving out of lawless to claimed island.  Otherwise lawless would be better in everything. Choice is up to you.

3 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

My first step would be readjusting the point system, so that larger companies can afford the big islands which mostly have all kind of resources. In return, owning two islands where one is quite smaller than the other, the smaller one should give some kind of disadvantage to the company to encourage the large companies to have only the big islands.
For people who are not interested in having their own island, there could be some kind of ingame rating for settlements from people who built on a foreign settlement. This would encourage owners to act nice to settlers if they really want them.

In the past, there was a big discussion with the taxes, more precisely, if the amount of taxes is subtracted from the harvested amount of ressources, or if it is additionally generated. I'm not sure how the discussion ended, but it feels like the taxes amount is subtracted. Why don't make it the other way? It wouldn' t be such a disadvantage for settlers, and the island owner would still have his taxes. But can't estimate if this would be too much.

U realize that taxes on PvE already are additive right? It was in patch notes about 4-5 days ago. So settlers harvest here without any limitations.

Edited by Willard

1 minute ago, Tinschn said:

what do u call a large company , as 10 players isnt large , so large companys can and will eventually form to claim them , so at the moment leave them alone , 

i do like your idea of larger companys being given some sort of debuff if they claim more than one island under a certain size , maybe some sort of percentage loss to resource gathering or increase in gold upkeep if company size is too large for the island , 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Why?

Pirates don't pay taxes in my opinion. I mean - they are pirates. A lot of "Arrrrrr" and rum and parrots.
And even the description on Steam says "fantasy". They come up with mythical creatures and electric powered motorboats. So why implementing a real life tax system?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willard said:

Build radius is small only on lawless. Thats why you should consider moving out of lawless to claimed island.  Otherwise lawless would be better in everything. Choice is up to you.

U realize that taxes on PvE already are additive right? It was in patch notes about 4-5 days ago. So settlers harvest here without any limitations.

never said  was in lawless ,its small no build radiius even outside lawless , nothing like it was before tpatch 1.5 

12 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Why?

adding to this , why should anyone have to be in charge as this is what the system is about , solo players / small 2-3 man companys are still owning entire islands as they did before the claim change still having the say on who and when players can build , 

lots of players saying ask the owners before u build , no player should have to in pve , 

pvp and pve are not the same in this game they cannot be treated with the same systems 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UDO said:

never said  was in lawless ,its small no build radiius even outside lawless , nothing like it was before tpatch 1.5 

adding to this , why should anyone have to be in charge as this is what the system is about , solo players / small 2-3 man companys are still owning entire islands as they did before the claim change still having the say on who and when players can build , 

lots of players saying ask the owners before u build , no player should have to in pve , 

pvp and pve are not the same in this game they cannot be treated with the same systems 

So you should not have a need to ask someone before you build on his island ... are you sure you want to play MMO game? 

9 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

Pirates don't pay taxes in my opinion. I mean - they are pirates. A lot of "Arrrrrr" and rum and parrots.
And even the description on Steam says "fantasy". They come up with mythical creatures and electric powered motorboats. So why implementing a real life tax system?

Because its their game and they decide what to implement?