Spanglyes

PvE foundation spam and resource blocking

I really hope they increase the distance other companies can build from structures. That would reduce foundation spam a bit, I think, as they wouldn't need so much to keep the same area clear of other people. Would also help keep some clear space around a base for resources and access. Would also reduce the chance of logging in one day to find your base boxed in by huge gates or something... 😰

6 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

If they make the auto repair snap to a foundation and only repair connected pieces, the pillar / foundation spam won't last long, but just depends how fast the decay is.

While great in theory what will happen is that instead of individual foundation spam everywhere we'll have an extensive "sidewalk" spam display.   

Structure auto repair tied to only connected structures.... connect all the structures!

9 hours ago, TyGeR_STD said:

For PvE there needs to be a way for company to claim an area of land to build what they want/need.  From the sounds of this current system a company could start building a town area and joe douche can start building right in the middle of them and there is nothing they can do to stop it.  Or a company can setup at a certain location due to good resources and someone can build on top of those resources to block or troll them.  Have more smaller islands per grid and give companys the ability to claim the island in PvE just like PvP.  Or limited building to X close to the shore line so resources inside the island are protected from people blocking them to troll other players.

Maybe they will have the larger no build radius. I could see them doing something like make a resource box show the protected build radius like a flag, of course then there would be a billion resource boxes. maybe a very  large radius around the bank or something.

19 hours ago, Vorxius said:

I think your general philosophy towards the game is awesome, and cudos for your community spirit.

But why foundation spam.. we had to abandon almost a potential dozen island homes because we couldn't build a home anywhere.  It's as good as denying others a game.

I have an alliance set up for people to build on our land. I keep the claims because last time I gave flags somebody decided to try and steal from us then grief our stuff so I need the ability to say you didn't follow the rules. Rule 1.) don't be toxic. Rule 2.) don't build on resources. The goal of Lotus is to make it so everybody can play and enjoy the game. Early on I traded 100 honey for a claim on like J12 or something. It was a pretty rough patch of land with no resources on a hot desert I just wanted a safe spot to dock our boats if we needed to go east. I came back like 2 weeks later and found an aggressive group had stolen some of their claims didn't build just took them. These guys had a really nice ranch RP thing set up with tames in different areas and little farm houses it was super cool, then somebody messed it up stealing their land. If we have something you want/need I will most likely give it to you, be it directions, advice, mats, whatever.

~Lotus

• Like 2

16 hours ago, johnjohn said:

You must be blind lotus.  What, you want a cookie for taking down some players walls so you could spam everything else?  You have hundreds of land claims why would you take up lawless areas too?  That’s what makes you a douche company.  I love the evasion of the foundation spam.  What? You think you needed to block it and make it look like crap  so nobody else could?  Glad it is all a wasted effort now anyway. 

image.png.74744193b3261864c2f7b144184181ce.png

I think you are just jealous. We have 200 members and make everybody pay taxes to us to get super rich!

~Lotus

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jk that is a picture of Dynasty's flag.

https://gyazo.com/22cea31a3c96eb0fa68ba486a884f43f

I forgot to put in that I am a tyrant and extort everybody and we are chinese only and grief players that don't speak chinese and all kinds of other stupid rumors. I think it's funny people talk about Lotus when they know nothing about us makes them look like idiots. As a rule of Lotus do not claim land unless me, Lars, Panda, or Kinetic give you the go ahead. The rule was less than 100 flags. I have been on PvP for a few weeks and stopped caring about our flag limit. I personally have knocked over about 150 flags because we don't need more land, I don't want more land, it is useless to us. I have actually had talks to Jat about the current system and how as a tribe of 80 we can do it with 100 claims easy.

So lawless is resource rich somebody mathed it out to like 500% more (I don't know the accuracy of it) they also have a decreased spawn of hostiles. So we use lawless like G8 as staging points. We have some on E11 and F12 because people that were tired of solo merged in and maintain their bases. The guy on G8 had a little village of people but left to breed and his guys followed him. It is maintained because we use it for the kraken (I will probably do 1 more before the wipe so people can see it if they decide to quit)

Anyway Johnjohn you seem to just want to stir up the pot. Everybody plays the game to achieve something I think yours is to just complain about things you have no information on.

https://gyazo.com/faf66d8997e53deb0c592db9e169e65d

https://gyazo.com/9c3ab633f78771ebe96164fd683696fc

~Lotus

• Like 3

On 3/2/2019 at 12:09 AM, Lotus said:

Jk that is a picture of Dynasty's flag.

https://gyazo.com/22cea31a3c96eb0fa68ba486a884f43f

I forgot to put in that I am a tyrant and extort everybody and we are chinese only and grief players that don't speak chinese and all kinds of other stupid rumors. I think it's funny people talk about Lotus when they know nothing about us makes them look like idiots. As a rule of Lotus do not claim land unless me, Lars, Panda, or Kinetic give you the go ahead. The rule was less than 100 flags. I have been on PvP for a few weeks and stopped caring about our flag limit. I personally have knocked over about 150 flags because we don't need more land, I don't want more land, it is useless to us. I have actually had talks to Jat about the current system and how as a tribe of 80 we can do it with 100 claims easy.

So lawless is resource rich somebody mathed it out to like 500% more (I don't know the accuracy of it) they also have a decreased spawn of hostiles. So we use lawless like G8 as staging points. We have some on E11 and F12 because people that were tired of solo merged in and maintain their bases. The guy on G8 had a little village of people but left to breed and his guys followed him. It is maintained because we use it for the kraken (I will probably do 1 more before the wipe so people can see it if they decide to quit)

Anyway Johnjohn you seem to just want to stir up the pot. Everybody plays the game to achieve something I think yours is to just complain about things you have no information on.

https://gyazo.com/faf66d8997e53deb0c592db9e169e65d

https://gyazo.com/9c3ab633f78771ebe96164fd683696fc

~Lotus

For some people, the only part of gaming they are good at is complaining and talking trash.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:35 PM, Jack Shandy said:

If they make the auto repair snap to a foundation and only repair connected pieces, the pillar / foundation spam won't last long, but just depends how fast the decay is.

They can always find ways to connect all the foundations, more time consuming yes, but griefers will be griefers. 

i have never understood just how incompetent devs can be to design such a flawed territorial system, that and decay is more than enough for a no go, thats what happens when developers are not experienced gamers, well GG devs have fun and ty for the scam.

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i have never understood just how incompetent devs can be to design such a flawed territorial system, that and decay is more than enough for a no go, thats what happens when developers are not experienced gamers, well GG devs have fun and ty for the scam.

What is wrong with current system?

On 2/28/2019 at 6:18 PM, Spanglyes said:

Claim flags would have been a completely fine mechanic had they just removed fast travel so people couldnt log in and refresh claims in a few minutes.

So what are you suggesting, they remove fast travel? 

1 week later you come back here crying that you cant get back to your ship because you were killed while treasure hunting. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Willard said:

What is wrong with current system?

Several things, but seeing all the player's feedback has been totally ignored i wont waste my time explaining it (again)

Edited by The D Legacy

16 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Several things, but seeing all the player's feedback has been totally ignored i wont waste my time explaining it (again)

No it wasn't ignored. Maybe your feedback ( if it was feedback, not whining on forums ) was ignored but that doesn't mean anything.

I like how people come into conclusion player's feedback is ignored 5 days after new system 😄

I personally like this new claim system. U see? 2 people, 2 different opinions. How about whole playerbase. What to choose if you are developer ? 😉 

If they don't shape the game according to your opinion doesn't mean they don't listen. It just means they listen to someone else.

Edited by Willard

12 minutes ago, Willard said:

No it wasn't ignored. Maybe your feedback ( if it was feedback, not whining on forums ) was ignored but that doesn't mean anything.

I like how people come into conclusion player's feedback is ignored 5 days after new system 😄

I personally like this new claim system. U see? 2 people, 2 different opinions. How about whole playerbase. What to choose if you are developer ? 😉 

If they don't shape the game according to your opinion doesn't mean they don't listen. It just means they listen to someone else.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, it's not that easy.

I joined the forum on day 1 and since then, people were complaining about the old system and wanted the flags to be limitated. That was clearly the dominant opinion here.
And then, there was the Captain's log where they announced the wipe and that there will be NO claiming at all in PVE. People - inlcuding me - were feared about the pillarmaggedon that unavoidable would happen, and again, it was clearly said by the players that they only wanted the limitation.
And then they announced a completely new system nobody ever had asked for (for me, it had sounded way better than no claiming system at all, although after trying it out now, I would be way more happy with a flag limitation).

But so many people already stopped playing after the announcement of the no claiming system and before the wipe. You can cleary see how few gave a feedback on the last Captain's log, especially if you compare it to older ones. Some were gone forever, some came maybe back to try it out, get enraged and left too - after so many failures Grapeshot had made in the past, the players surely don't take the trouble to write their feedback here before they leave.

So, in the end, when you talk about the "whole playerbase", you should include the ones who already gave their feedback (as the first change on the claiming system was announced),  but lost their trust in Grapeshot and left the game already before the wipe.

By the way, if you search the whole forums at this point, again the dominant opinion here is to implement the old claiming system with a flag limitation.
But as I said, there were not many people left who gave feedback at all, compared to pre-patch days.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, it's not that easy.

I joined the forum on day 1 and since then, people were complaining about the old system and wanted the flags to be limitated. That was clearly the dominant opinion here.
And then, there was the Captain's log where they announced the wipe and that there will be NO claiming at all in PVE. People - inlcuding me - were feared about the pillarmaggedon that unavoidable would happen, and again, it was clearly said by the players that they only wanted the limitation.
And then they announced a completely new system nobody ever had asked for (for me, it had sounded way better than no claiming system at all, although after trying it out now, I would be way more happy with a flag limitation).

But so many people already stopped playing after the announcement of the no claiming system and before the wipe. You can cleary see how few gave a feedback on the last Captain's log, especially if you compare it to older ones. Some were gone forever, some came maybe back to try it out, get enraged and left too - after so many failures Grapeshot had made in the past, the players surely don't take the trouble to write their feedback here before they leave.

So, in the end, when you talk about the "whole playerbase", you should include the ones who already gave their feedback (as the first change on the claiming system was announced),  but lost their trust in Grapeshot and left the game already before the wipe.

By the way, if you search the whole forums at this point, again the dominant opinion here is to implement the old claiming system with a flag limitation.
But as I said, there were not many people left who gave feedback at all, compared to pre-patch days.

Dominant opinion of 20 forum users ... exactly those 20 people were writing "oooh claim system sucks, we want something else", after introducing new system "aaaa, old system was ok, it just needs some tweaks".

Current system is completely fine, I really don't know what people are complaining about. Claims are limited, there is no claim flag spam. 

What bothers you so much about current system?

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Dominant opinion of 20 forum users ... exactly those 20 people were writing "oooh claim system sucks, we want something else", after introducing new system "aaaa, old system was ok, it just needs some tweaks".

Current system is completely fine, I really don't know what people are complaining about. Claims are limited, there is no claim flag spam. 

the spam ,the fact that any player can walk up to anyone elses base and place pillars / foudnation around and even in even inside their base wall  , blocking them in / stopping them from building , even if pens are large enough buidling around tames 

a friend of mine messaged me last night his base in tundra when he logged in had a ring of foundations all around his base  as close to the walls as they could , he has been in that spot since release day with no issues , and then this 

the dominant suggestions made for claim system werer for a claim flag limit nothing more nothing less . base could be safe and solo players wouldnt own whole islands , but guess what solo players once again own whole islands and can stop others building . and demo their stuff , if they try to 

if you cant see what the issue is with this then u need to stop commenting and go read more before you do to understand what the concerns are ,

Edited by UDO

5 minutes ago, UDO said:

if you cant see what the issue is with this then u need to stop commenting and go read more before you do to understand what the concerns are ,

He has read and there are as many detractors as supporters for the current system on these forums.

And as human nature dictates you are more likely to speak out to complain than to praise, that tends to lead one to believe more people like this system than not.

29 minutes ago, Willard said:

It wasn't just 20, if you go back to even launch, people were saying they should just limit flags because anyone could just spam an island with no down side. I had a island that was dominated by 1 person and they got pissed i expanded my base to 2 claim flags, no on said "we need completely new system". Either you didn't browse the forums at the time or are willing choosing to ignore it, literally every other thread was was asking for limiting claim flags

The problem with the current system is, first come first serve, which is stupid if this game wishes to keep going long term. You're at the mercy of anyone who owns the island, you could set up your base, a guy comes along with he's mates and claims the island, they want your spot....demolish, or they choose to foundation spam the island not allowing anyone on (This is the biggest problem). Another I saw was big companies are taking smaller up keep islands as it's easier to maintain disallowing smaller companies anything or even taking both, cause they can.  

6 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

He has read and there are as many detractors as supporters for the current system on these forums.

And as human nature dictates you are more likely to speak out to complain than to praise, that tends to lead one to believe more people like this system than not.

It's fine if they support, but trying to deny something that happened is my grip. I'm all for the new system if people are willing to help make it better and not bury their head in the sands over the issues

2 minutes ago, Herasea said:

It's fine if they support, but trying to deny something that happened is my grip. I'm all for the new system if people are willing to help make it better and not bury their head in the sands over the issues

I'm not.

The system has a some issues. It's also not as I would have done the whole one island claim system. But it thematicaly fits the game very well.

I've followed these forums and played the game from the start, and any suggestions i make I try to keep within the framework of whats in the game already and along the path I believe the Dev's are going.

21 minutes ago, Herasea said:

It wasn't just 20, if you go back to even launch, people were saying they should just limit flags because anyone could just spam an island with no down side. I had a island that was dominated by 1 person and they got pissed i expanded my base to 2 claim flags, no on said "we need completely new system". Either you didn't browse the forums at the time or are willing choosing to ignore it, literally every other thread was was asking for limiting claim flags

The problem with the current system is, first come first serve, which is stupid if this game wishes to keep going long term. You're at the mercy of anyone who owns the island, you could set up your base, a guy comes along with he's mates and claims the island, they want your spot....demolish, or they choose to foundation spam the island not allowing anyone on (This is the biggest problem). Another I saw was big companies are taking smaller up keep islands as it's easier to maintain disallowing smaller companies anything or even taking both, cause they can.  

Demolish is available only 24 hours after building a structure. As a long term game like this is it really that harsh? Do u actually play Atlas ? 

Btw this game is build about landlord/tenant system. It is not intended EVERYONE has its own land. Definitely not solo players. Its just how this game works now and will work in the future.

Edited by Willard

2 hours ago, Willard said:

ohh so you are that type of person, basically if you like something it is perfect and should not be changed because YOU like it and since you are the "validation tool" of everything the game implements if you think its ok it simply is, haha funny.

"No it wasn't ignored. Maybe your feedback ( if it was feedback, not whining on forums ) was ignored but that doesn't mean anything."

also please learn to read i never said MY feedback was ignored i said feedback was ignored and its plain simple to see since there were tons of proposals in the forums (mine were only 2 at most) i dont rly mind other feedback being implemented and checking it out but none of what i read was implemented, none. the only "feedback" they considered was "we dont like the current claim system" but thats not feedback on itslef thats simply a unpopular feature

"I like how people come into conclusion player's feedback is ignored 5 days after new system"

do you need 5 days to test something as simple as placing a flag and analysing what it does? hmmm ok? 🤦‍♂️

"I personally like this new claim system. U see? 2 people, 2 different opinions. How about whole playerbase. What to choose if you are developer ?"

well i would certaily choose to try to retain the 78% of people who decided to leave the game https://steamcharts.com/app/834910#All

"If they don't shape the game according to your opinion doesn't mean they don't listen. It just means they listen to someone else."

once again: this is not about me. i wouldnt mind who they listen to as long as that fix the game and make it fun, problem is they didnt, the game is still plain, boring, tedious and unrewarding. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Willard said:

10 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

As I said - since the announcement many people left because they disagree and felt that their feedback was ignored. No, it was indeed ignored. Surely some of them never tried the new system, some of them may tried, but as we learned in the past, accepting players' feedback isn't Grapeshot's thing, so why should they take the trouble to write their complaints here after being ignored for three times? They left and this is it.

What me personally bothers is the following:
Pre-patch, we shared an island with 4 other companies. With one of them we had no contact, one company trolled us, and the other two were just nice neighbors. We get over the trouble with the one company and lived happily together - we owned with 5-7 active players 7 claim flags, and 6 of them were set to allow building for everyone with 15% taxes. The other companies on our island did the same thing. And guess what? Nobody built there, but all over the forum, players cried about not having space to build, what was clearly not the case (as you search the forum, you may even find threads where people invited others to their island).

And now? After the patch, people still complaining about not having space to build - or, even worse, they think they can build and then their base is destroyed.
My mate and me (the others of our company left the game because of the outrageous behaviour of the devs) started to play again right after the patch was released and didn't manage to get an island, because the devs didn't think about one simple thing: showing players that an island is currently in a claiming phase, but not yet claimed. So we sailed 9 hours from small island to island to finally notice, that a) the island is almost claimed, and b) that big companies claimed small island because they can't afford the big ones.

In sum, I'm complaining now about the same problems others complained about pre-patch: I don't have an island and can't build, at least if I care about my stuff.
I don't care about getting taxes or something, I want my own land where my stuff, my ships and my tames are save from others' stupid behaviour. The new system can't give me that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

ohh so you are that type of person, basically if you like something it is perfect and should not be changed because YOU like it and since you are the "validation tool" of everything the game implements if you think its ok it simply is, haha funny.

"No it wasn't ignored. Maybe your feedback ( if it was feedback, not whining on forums ) was ignored but that doesn't mean anything."

also please learn to read i never said MY feedback was ignored i said feedback was ignored and its plain simple to see since there were tons of proposals in the forums (mine were only 2 at most) i dont rly mind other feedback being implemented and checking it out but none of what i read was implemented, none. the only "feedback" they considered was "we dont like the current claim system" but thats not feedback on itslef thats simply a unpopular feature

"I like how people come into conclusion player's feedback is ignored 5 days after new system"

do you need 5 days to test something as simple as placing a flag and analysing what it does? hmmm ok? 🤦‍♂️

"I personally like this new claim system. U see? 2 people, 2 different opinions. How about whole playerbase. What to choose if you are developer ?"

well i would certaily choose to try to retain the 78% of people who decided to leave the game https://steamcharts.com/app/834910#All

"If they don't shape the game according to your opinion doesn't mean they don't listen. It just means they listen to someone else."

once again: this is not about me. i wouldnt mind who they listen to as long as that fix the game and make it fun, problem is they didnt, the game is still plain, boring, tedious and unrewarding. 🤷‍♂️

Jesus. So much words for nothing 🙂 what I especially like is that all players left because of claim system 😄 you sir made my day. Thank you.