Spanglyes

PvE foundation spam and resource blocking

What happens when an islands resources are completely blocked in? Everyone stops living there and moves to the next, wait for buildings to decay then move back? We are nomads now? Cant wait to be griefed off an island by a big tribe that can  wall me in.

Claim flags would have been a completely fine mechanic had they just removed fast travel so people couldnt log in and refresh claims in a few minutes.

• Like 3

I don't get the removing of flags either for PVE limiting it to 1 or 2 per player would be a way better solution, seems they want to come up with there own half solution instead of trying what the community is asking for since day 1 of release...

But ill judge when its out on the ptr if i still want to play on official

Edited by Lurkey
  • Like 2

If the new system is just going to encourage this type of behavior from douche companies what's the point?  3 people were on this lawless server and every island on it looked like garbage with spam everywhere.  Hey Lotus, this heap of garbage is yours.  f7ff0e711c613c69ff2a1929d6616b8b.jpgcdf15d64b0d17e0bceb4b2f362517800.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, peerpressure said:

they are assuming that upkeep will stop foundation spams...horrible idea.

In order for that to be viable, the upkeep would have to scaled ridiculously high to the point of legitimate builders not being able to create a structure to house tames or any sort of creative building.

• Like 1

So after the wipe, PVE is all just one big lawless zone with pillar spam everywhere. No fucking thank you. I'd rather take my free hat and shove it down Grapeshots collective throats. 

Edited by Long John Screw Off
  • Like 3

Please limit how close gates can be together.  Walls of gates are ugly.   

Does this mean that in PvE you have to play every 4 days or you come back to all your stuff being wiped?

8 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

Please limit how close gates can be together.  Walls of gates are ugly.   

Does this mean that in PvE you have to play every 4 days or you come back to all your stuff being wiped?

i think they said resources will come out of the "tax bank" and be applied to decay on structures.

22 minutes ago, Spanglyes said:

In order for that to be viable, the upkeep would have to scaled ridiculously high to the point of legitimate builders not being able to create a structure to house tames or any sort of creative building.

large companies will have the advantage...just foundation spam...set up a tax bank with massive amounts of resources, and not have to worry about it again.

39 minutes ago, Maji said:

So what is stopping people from Foundation spamming?

they assume that the upkeep on the spamming will be too difficult, thus it wont be happening

We should stand together with one voice and tell them this isn't good for anyone. Please consider upvoting my suggestion listed below.

My take on this is that there will be a dedicated "repairs resource box" for a building and the materials needed to maintain that building will be pulled out of that box. When that box is empty the deterioration will accumulate until destruction of the structure occurs. What this means is that every individual structure will need to have it's own resource box attached to it in order to maintain it.
This in itself is fine and I have no issues with it, it's great, it will keep our beaches clean.
The issue is that there is nothing to stop someone from building right fricking next to you and essentially restricting your building and expansion capabilities, it will require you to make sure you build close enough to the water that people can't build in front of you and block you out etc.

Seriously, 5 claim flags per person hard limit, how difficult would that have been?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, microphobe said:

My take on this is that there will be a dedicated "repairs resource box" for a building and the materials needed to maintain that building will be pulled out of that box. When that box is empty the deterioration will accumulate until destruction of the structure occurs. What this means is that every individual structure will need to have it's own resource box attached to it in order to maintain it.
This in itself is fine and I have no issues with it, it's great, it will keep our beaches clean.
The issue is that there is nothing to stop someone from building right fricking next to you and essentially restricting your building and expansion capabilities, it will require you to make sure you build close enough to the water that people can't build in front of you and block you out etc.

Seriously, 5 claim flags per person hard limit, how difficult would that have been?

5 claim flags per person per server even sounds fine until you think of a 250 man company then alliance. They have a hard job to balance this though this is going to be hard to pull off. Tiered resources should be a thing and have a build distance like foundations this however this wouldn't stop walling off resources.  I know a lot of people hate the floor spam and I do to but it has been useful in some situations there are a lot of us who have tried to keep small part of beaches and resources clear so all can use. If that is not addressed this is gonna be a big issue if anyone still plays

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mythathos said:

We should stand together with one voice and tell them this isn't good for anyone. Please consider upvoting my suggestion listed below.

No thanks, quite happy with the change and something different

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Yomaz said:

5 claim flags per person per server even sounds fine until you think of a 250 man company then alliance. They have a hard job to balance this though this is going to be hard to pull off. Tiered resources should be a thing and have a build distance like foundations this however this wouldn't stop walling off resources.  I know a lot of people hate the floor spam and I do to but it has been useful in some situations there are a lot of us who have tried to keep small part of beaches and resources clear so all can use. If that is not addressed this is gonna be a big issue if anyone still plays

The problem is that one is too few unless they tripled the size of the claims and for the love of god made them square or hex shaped rather than circles that can never actually cover all the area.

You will never be able to "solve" the issue of more people having more land. Even in PVE, there will be companies that will block off an entire island and then just gather their resources on a neighbours island given that they wont have to pay taxes anymore, They can have their cake and eat it too so to speak.

For PvE there needs to be a way for company to claim an area of land to build what they want/need.  From the sounds of this current system a company could start building a town area and joe douche can start building right in the middle of them and there is nothing they can do to stop it.  Or a company can setup at a certain location due to good resources and someone can build on top of those resources to block or troll them.  Have more smaller islands per grid and give companys the ability to claim the island in PvE just like PvP.  Or limited building to X close to the shore line so resources inside the island are protected from people blocking them to troll other players.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johnjohn said:

If the new system is just going to encourage this type of behavior from douche companies what's the point?  3 people were on this lawless server and every island on it looked like garbage with spam everywhere.  Hey Lotus, this heap of garbage is yours.  f7ff0e711c613c69ff2a1929d6616b8b.jpgcdf15d64b0d17e0bceb4b2f362517800.jpg

Hello,

We came in and knocked down a bunch of walls that were actually blocking resources. One guy actually had a box around 3 iron nodes. We don't operate out of a "main base" type thing. People join us and can build anywhere they see fit as long as it doesn't block resources. The ships there are built for maintaining our kraken fleet which is used to kill the kraken which anybody can join. It's free and I run them when I have enough people that are interested. (the game is dying so the interest fizzled out).

I am wondering what makes us a douche company and what is garbage though.

~Lotus

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Hello,

We came in and knocked down a bunch of walls that were actually blocking resources. One guy actually had a box around 3 iron nodes. We don't operate out of a "main base" type thing. People join us and can build anywhere they see fit as long as it doesn't block resources. The ships there are built for maintaining our kraken fleet which is used to kill the kraken which anybody can join. It's free and I run them when I have enough people that are interested. (the game is dying so the interest fizzled out).

I am wondering what makes us a douche company and what is garbage though.

~Lotus

I think your general philosophy towards the game is awesome, and cudos for your community spirit.

But why foundation spam.. we had to abandon almost a potential dozen island homes because we couldn't build a home anywhere.  It's as good as denying others a game.

• Like 1

You must be blind lotus.  What, you want a cookie for taking down some players walls so you could spam everything else?  You have hundreds of land claims why would you take up lawless areas too?  That’s what makes you a douche company.  I love the evasion of the foundation spam.  What? You think you needed to block it and make it look like crap  so nobody else could?  Glad it is all a wasted effort now anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

cannot wait for this to happen with actual structures...... tickets been in a few weeks now as you can see plenty of proof and griefing is continuing no response. well i did get an automated response but nothing since.

Also a big shout out to FIXI and Company of Francis Crozi for this excellent display of bad sportsmanship.

6DC21A108223B9AD3780FEE430C1995E201F87B2

• Like 2

We were playing on a server and there was one guy, literally one guy, he had about half of the island blocked with shipyards and foundations.  On the other side, we had some idiots block our ships that were anchored in a bay, they just built door and blocked our ships.  The other day I parked a Brig because I was leaving for the day, the owners of the island built gates arround the Brig, I was able to get it out but the point is, people will be assholes if they tools are provided.

Lonely structures should decay way faster, if you place 100 floors by themself they should decay and break after 1 hour.

Edited by cidran
  • Like 2

If they make the auto repair snap to a foundation and only repair connected pieces, the pillar / foundation spam won't last long, but just depends how fast the decay is.

• Like 1