xenobiaa

In regards to the new pvp system..

Make a bonus system for defenses. Longer something has been defended, more it has defended its HP increase over time. Solo players and small tribes have access to buying abilities for their NPC's for increased reloading, hitpoints exct. Maybe even visual aspects of decaying things and structures that have lasted against many nonallied attacks. Incentivize skill and open ended strategy if it can be coded. Just a different thought. Make capital flags for larger tribes, add trickle down resources and things for allied tribes, add a trading/barter system. Larger tribes have to purchase an expensive capital flags above a certain member count, but they too should have bonuses, and drawbacks so they dont all kill every solo/small group.

I mean there are better ways to be creative and keep the edge of PVP and openended than scheduled war or farmed tokens and advanced warning. With enough depth and strategy PVE players who defaulted to PVE because its too toxic or easy will jump back in PVP and fight. This is meant to be a PVP game at heart, just not a griefer paradise or toxic exploitive cesspool. Bad players(or the not so 1337)and other people will make use of other means if they cant flat out beat someone in PVP if there is enough depth to fight back.

Edited by mastro_akq

I think the devs should just give us more options to defend against offline raiding, like defensive towers or some crazy golden age tech that bubbles your island or something, we dont need hand holding with this raiding time crap and war declarations, those are made on the open seas or when some tiny group of assholes raid one of your outposts or sink your boats in harbor , 90% of us come from hardcore survival games, we all know the time that needs to be put into games like this and we all know how hard we all have to work to maintain and keep the things we work so hard to build. Thank you devs for considering the little guy in your pvp changes but i think a better change can be figured out that benefits everyone for pvp. @Jatheish

Edited by xenobiaa
derp
  • Like 2

Expand on the system, add more depth, defenses, bonuses, structures, and building types exct. Not some super quick fix farm tokens to declare war guys. When good people can defend themselves, they will come back and stay. When bad people can raid for themselves, they will come back and stay. Its called depth and strategy. Please not the usual MMO grindfest, dumbed down, group only, restrictive and too limited gameplay. Wipe it all, but bring in more defense, complexity, building type, strategy, and allow solo/small groups to atleast survive until they find likeminded players. If bases/structures are bolstered then players will in turn take more pride in their bases too which will look and play better. Even for the time being when all players in a tribe are offline NPC's protecting it could gain bonuses, maybe players could add abilities to their NPC's placed on base defense and ships. Like NPC skills to choose from that can be crafted, learned, maybe even a skill tree called training. Something other players cant see and aren't aware of. I am not against grouping and its sweet, with neat perks for multicrewed stuff. But you cant honestly expect everyone to instantly have a good group/tribe. Players want slaves? Ok. Its called NPC's that can be trained.

Kamikazee NPC's with dynamite!? 🙂

Edited by mastro_akq
  • Like 1

How about more indepth stats system too. Like adding to stamina just doesn't increase a single stat, but you get an ability the higher you go in it. Like for example add an agility stat like other RPG's kinda but where at certain levels it may unlock a double jump like Shinobi ninja for pirate fights. Maybe climbing claws for walls, and more fidelity in melee combat.  It doesn't have to be too arcadey gameplay, but some fast paced fun and open ended needs to be there. Along with strategy and depth for individuals who's prowess isn't keyboard acrobatics. Maybe intelligence unlocks some cool defensive and offensive perks for the player/tribe structures, that can also be trained to NPC's for abilities at high enough levels. These could also carry over to an SP mode for players as things are more developed in the long term.

Invest in depth. Not overly restrictive and dumbed down mechanics. Jus sayin'.

I cant think of one instance or way a war declaration and farming a token to attack is any good at all in an open ended pirate game. I know you can say well wait and see. I will, but...ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Edited by mastro_akq

2 hours ago, Adfax said:

Are you kidding me... You're letting people set attack windows?... Is this a joke?

Guys... HOW IS A SMALL COMPANY MEANT TO TAKE ON A BIG COMPANY IF WE CAN'T EVEN ATTACK THEM WHEN THEY'RE WEAK????????

STOP with these changes that just make big companies more and more invulnerable to attack.. My god.. Every nerf to offline raiding is just making the game harder and harder for small companies. Big tribes are essentially unimpacted by this.. Why? Because they have people online ALL THE TIME.

Stealth is NECESSARY for small tribes to compete. Stop forcing people to fight head to head. You're just making this game all brawn and no brains; what is the point? Whoever has the most players will win.. Wowww Great design.. Really deep and strategic.. 

Stop letting the crybabies convince you offline raiding is why your game is dying.. That is NOT why your game is dying. If that were the reason your game was dying, ARK would be dead; but as you can see, ark is still going strong. The most popular servers STILL being PVP. 

Uhhhh, Offline raiding is why this game is tanking... Ark isn't dying because 95% of its playerbase are on servers that don't allow offline raiding/have ORP. I can't believe this, honestly.... people have been complaining about offline raiding for ages, asking for a change, and now when the devs are actually trying to implement a fix, everyone is crying about it?? What in the actual heck??? Think about it? What makes a pirate game a pirate game? Nuking peoples boats and bases with no defense? Or going head to head, in the open sea, crew vs crew? I'd take the latter any day. There is still room for stealth raids, it just requires coordination and some scouting and so on. Thanks WC, this wipe and these changes are bringing me back to the game!

1 hour ago, WildWyvern20 said:

Uhhhh, Offline raiding is why this game is tanking... Ark isn't dying because 95% of its playerbase are on servers that don't allow offline raiding/have ORP. I can't believe this, honestly.... people have been complaining about offline raiding for ages, asking for a change, and now when the devs are actually trying to implement a fix, everyone is crying about it?? What in the actual heck??? Think about it? What makes a pirate game a pirate game? Nuking peoples boats and bases with no defense? Or going head to head, in the open sea, crew vs crew? I'd take the latter any day. There is still room for stealth raids, it just requires coordination and some scouting and so on. Thanks WC, this wipe and these changes are bringing me back to the game!

Offline raiding isn't the only reason this game is tanking there are several issues. I for one do not like the sounds of the new pvp system being put forth. I believe this system will hurt the smaller companies more than ever. I also believe the devs are being lazy and using this for their game mechanic instead of coming up with better defenses people can use / grind for which would be way better for the game in the long run. Also from my experience most people that beg for offline raid protection usually leave the game or server anyways after being raided while online. Alot of people just cant stand losing stuff. 

More stuff to grind for? No, there doesn't need to be anymore grind added to the game. All of my friends quit, (and take note, they play Ark, Rust, and so on) because of the already insane sailing times. To get to sugarcane, a one way trip was 5 hours, for example. Then, we had to make the trip back. I agree that there should be better defenses, as well. Though, I never said that was the only reason it was tanking, as stated, the insane sailing times are perty crazy, but can be remedied, hopefully, once player shops come into play. The insanely toxic mega tribes, and absolute unwillingness of megas to work with smaller tribes, for no reason, at all, is another reason the game is tanking. Not being able to build, right now, because of all the spam, is another. Shall I go on? I know why the game is in the state it's in, but it's only two months out the door. Give it some time. Can't wait for this wipe, and these new implementations may be freaking awesome, or be totally bad, but until we see it in action, we won't know. Have faith, could be a blessing!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WildWyvern20 said:

More stuff to grind for? No, there doesn't need to be anymore grind added to the game. All of my friends quit, (and take note, they play Ark, Rust, and so on) because of the already insane sailing times. To get to sugarcane, a one way trip was 5 hours, for example. Then, we had to make the trip back. I agree that there should be better defenses, as well. Though, I never said that was the only reason it was tanking, as stated, the insane sailing times are perty crazy, but can be remedied, hopefully, once player shops come into play. The insanely toxic mega tribes, and absolute unwillingness of megas to work with smaller tribes, for no reason, at all, is another reason the game is tanking. Not being able to build, right now, because of all the spam, is another. Shall I go on? I know why the game is in the state it's in, but it's only two months out the door. Give it some time. Can't wait for this wipe, and these new implementations may be freaking awesome, or be totally bad, but until we see it in action, we won't know. Have faith, could be a blessing!

The new system is not going to chance how mega companies treat the small companies. I still believe you are going to run into the same issue as right now megas are going to push the smaller companies off the claimable islands or not allow them to build up. As for the sailing yes i find it to be extremely boring and needs some kind of tweak. I also am for the wipe as for some of the changes to PVP im not liking the sounds of it but will give it a go and see. 

1 minute ago, labatts said:

The new system is not going to chance how mega companies treat the small companies. I still believe you are going to run into the same issue as right now megas are going to push the smaller companies off the claimable islands or not allow them to build up. As for the sailing yes i find it to be extremely boring and needs some kind of tweak. I also am for the wipe as for some of the changes to PVP im not liking the sounds of it but will give it a go and see. 

Probably not, but we can only hope. WC has to make the upkeep hurt megas if they won't allow smaller tribes to build, otherwise, it just won't do anything.. And yes, I like the ideas of sailing, but dear lord... I don't, nor my friends, have time to sail for 3-4 hours at a time..

Scheduled war would just make people more angry if they lose and they would despawn their loot. And advanced war notice.

Raiding someones base isn't always about the loot. Sometimes people just need to be taught a lesson or set back. The loot is just a bonus. 

Both are fine. Plus scheduled war would result in huge battles and server lags/crashes like a mofo. And who's the asshat griefer mofo who keeps my tribe in a war dec just because of others things that happen when its declared, while some main enemy tribe benefits?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mastro_akq said:

Both are fine. Plus scheduled war would result in huge battles and server lags/crashes like a mofo. And who's the asshat griefer mofo who keeps my tribe in a war dec just because of others things that happen when its declared, while some main enemy tribe benefits?

You can look into the future, I really adore those people. As for the real world, with big tribes, probably yes. But that was nothing than expected. Eventually we’ll see wars all over the place so everything will fade out eventually. 

if u want to have offline protection. GO PVE!!!!!! go away with timeframe scheduled raiding and stupid tokens!!! its crap ffs!!!. make ORP servers, instead of killing the Original pvp servers. keep it like ark. ark is strong except for the undermapping/dupe stuff that never will fixed. its easy to make turret structures like ark. make more big creatures that can soak cannons. make breeding possible. people wil drop te game and they are not coming back after the wipe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pvg103breda said:

if u want to have offline protection. GO PVE!!!!!! go away with timeframe scheduled raiding and stupid tokens!!! its crap ffs!!!. make ORP servers, instead of killing the Original pvp servers. keep it like ark. ark is strong except for the undermapping/dupe stuff that never will fixed. its easy to make turret structures like ark. make more big creatures that can soak cannons. make breeding possible. people wil drop te game and they are not coming back after the wipe.

I LOVE PvP! No, I will not go PvE, because I want ORP. I want to actually be able to defend MY BASE, and the stuff I WORKED FOR! But, and I guarantee you are one of them, just like all the others crying about ORP, the reason you don't want this is because you don't know how to get into a base unless the opposition is offline. Let me spin a tale for ye, laddie..... Once upon a time, there was this horrid tribe on Ark Official... everyone feared them, because if you got too big, they'd wipe you. To the ground. No questions asked. But guess what? It would only ever happen while the tribe was offline. Then, one day, me and my guys got sick of it... We attacked them, they were online.. (this being when War Quetz were a thing..) and we had a good long fight, but WE persevered, and we. won. Pushed them off the server. Turns out.. they had horrid aim, terrible base design, no weapons or BPs worth shizz, so on, so forth. They were not THAT GOOD. They were just bullies who took everyone's stuff, when they knew they were all in bed. Can't wait to see what this brings to the table. For 9 hours in a day, you'll be able to raid, and it'll probably tell you on the screen once you enter a territory what it will be. I don't see any flaws with this.. and hope it saves this game. I want to see massive battles, and people actually having to defend their base... not someone just blowing everything up while I am asleep.. Can't wait! Wipe Hype!

in ark, u can build offline defense. i owned 4 servers. we had 100 heavy turret limits everywhere. we never got raided. we got undermapped, while we were online. just make a good base, with defense, wich lacks in atlas. the game lacks in offline defense structures, so they compensate with this orp shit!