xenobiaa

In regards to the new pvp system..

Ok so i understand the land claim stuff, it had to be changed and im sure itll be changed and altered a million more times before full release but honestly, war tokens? raidable hours? look, thats one of the reasons conan exiles failed hard and also i play on EU PVP and i am in a NA timezone, most of my friends and people i play with are all EU and id really like to not be up at 4 am just to enjoy raiding with them. War tokens? not entirely sure how those work but i imagine you will have to go buy tokens to declare war on an island which is....great i guess but i dont think this will work for pvp very well. Currently if somebody wants to attack it happens randomly, a post goes out on discord that were being attacked and people log on and do what they can to defend and we usually push them off the island and then theyre done after their fob is gone and we get breathing room (takes about 2 - 4 hours average) but a 9 hour push is going to be exhausting because now big clans will prepare for a 9 hour push to wipe people off islands and its going to really suck. The devs need to give us more tools to defend against offline raiding rather than just adding in timers and raidable hours because a vocal minority of smaller groups cant defend against offline raids because of a lack of manpower. Hopefully this all gets tweaked and changed before the wipe and official release because i dont honestly see any of this being a viable fix to the current core mechanics of pvp.

first of all, all servers will be wiped. bye bye bye, time.

the new pvp stuff is really bad. scheduled raid system. remove the pvp server and play pve only. we want to attack whenever we like...…...

people will drop the game!!!!

• Like 4

it will be. just handle it like ark. dont do offline raid protection. it will brake the game. just make better offline protection weapons and structures. 

• Like 2

Could careless about a wipe.

With the lawless everywhere (pillar spam uglyness bullshit) "solution" for PvE.

Im out.

Later folks, was a fun 600 hours.

• Thanks 1

Who Ever designed this, Thought it up, And Green lit this Care bear PVE/RP Bullshit Needs to be fired and hanged then set on fire. 

12 minutes ago, pvg103breda said:

the new pvp stuff is really bad. scheduled raid system. remove the pvp server and play pve only. we want to attack whenever we like...…...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pvg103breda said:

It's OK, Chicken Little, the sky is not really falling.  Atlas isn't dying.  You can still play and have fun.  You'll be back after the wipe when you hear how much fun people are having.

• Like 2

true, this is really bad. i understand the wipe, because of the cheats and duping stuff, but dont change the game mechanik. i watched the stream and the comments of the players were very dissapointing. remove the game, fic the undermap issues in ark and lets play ark again 🙂

I think the big reason for the war system changes stem from NA PvP official. Currently the games meta of PVP for that server is just a cycle of offline raiding. The chinese raid you when your offline, you log on when they about to break into one of your last bases and you drive them off, then you spend like 2 or 3 hours reclaiming/rebuilding and then you go offline raid them. Cycle repeats endlessly until someone just gets offline raided completely lol. I'm sure that EU PvP official is getting the shaft with this change because the timezone difference isn't as bad. NA PvP was terrible though.

5 minutes ago, pvg103breda said:

true, this is really bad. i understand the wipe, because of the cheats and duping stuff, but dont change the game mechanik. i watched the stream and the comments of the players were very dissapointing. remove the game, fic the undermap issues in ark and lets play ark again 🙂

The wipe has nothing to do with cheats and duping. The wipe is because of the claim revamp.

The current system of raiding is bad. Just a cycle of offline raiding until someone is offline long enough to knock out all the bases. I'm down to give the new system a try at least. At the very least you can actually plan a defense instead of logging in and realize your main has been wiped and have to swap around to your auxiliary bases to drive off the enemy. I have never been raided online and I have a pretty cool base setup, but I never get to defend it with my friends because I always get offlined >_>

At the very least, the changes are worth trying IMO. LiF has the same system and let me tell you, that didn't slow the PvP down at ALL lol

Also, wipe has to happen. The wipe was coming anyways, sooner or later. Better to do it now, since it directly affects the way we place and manage claims. I can't imagine the chaos that would of ensued if they had done the changes without wiping. Holy fuck that absolute madness that would of been caused.

• Like 1

How are people surprised that a game in ALPHA will wipe repeatedly before release?

SPOILER:  This won't be the last wipe before release either.

• Like 2

I have the same reservations that it's too much to be "scheduled" but I will wait and see. It may alleviate some major probs with griefers and tribes who purposely ruin others games. It is EA, and just part of a  continuing development. But to much security for comfort isn't good for Pirate PVP. I thought they could tweak a few things and these kinds of changes were unnecessary. Overall I will wait and see for all these changes. Biggest thing for me personally is I advocated for a wipe earlier than this before people were as invested in the game. I wont have much motivation to play until the end of March if they meet that deadline. That's okay, but I do enjoy the game a lot and its disappointing.

There seems to be a massive misconception in this thread.  It's based on the concept the game is dying (and it is) only because the choices the game devs have made.  Don't get me wrong, the Ark/Atlas devs aren't the sharpest crayons in the box and I have often felt like I was enjoying their games despite their decisions and intent.  However a large factor for people leaving is the fact they've literally been driving away from this game by a lot of those who've stayed.  So am I supposed to feel bad about those same people threatening to rage-quit now?  No.

Are you kidding me... You're letting people set attack windows?... Is this a joke?

Guys... HOW IS A SMALL COMPANY MEANT TO TAKE ON A BIG COMPANY IF WE CAN'T EVEN ATTACK THEM WHEN THEY'RE WEAK????????

STOP with these changes that just make big companies more and more invulnerable to attack.. My god.. Every nerf to offline raiding is just making the game harder and harder for small companies. Big tribes are essentially unimpacted by this.. Why? Because they have people online ALL THE TIME.

Stealth is NECESSARY for small tribes to compete. Stop forcing people to fight head to head. You're just making this game all brawn and no brains; what is the point? Whoever has the most players will win.. Wowww Great design.. Really deep and strategic.. 

Stop letting the crybabies convince you offline raiding is why your game is dying.. That is NOT why your game is dying. If that were the reason your game was dying, ARK would be dead; but as you can see, ark is still going strong. The most popular servers STILL being PVP. 

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 2

I haven't read much into what they actually plan to do with this system but I am curious as to whether they will still let defenders drop all their loot like they do currently. If that is the case then this whole thing will be pretty pointless. If you are going to give the defenders new advantages you also have to go give attackers some too.

Edited by Bullet Force

Fair point. I dropped all of our loot once because the invading tribe had two obvious hackers raiding us. When I told them I despawned it all the attack stopped even though they already duped and raided enough loot and they didn't need ours. I also sunk a lot of boats overencumbered early on, and kept doing it hoping the devs would be forced to fix it. Its still possible too with pets putting boats over crew limit just so the devs know.

1 minute ago, mastro_akq said:

Fair point. I dropped all of our loot once because the invading tribe had two obvious hackers raiding us. When I told them I despawned it all the attack stopped even though they already duped and raided enough loot and they didn't need ours. I also sunk a lot of boats overencumbered early on, and kept doing it hoping the devs would be forced to fix it. Its still possible too with pets putting boats over crew limit just so the devs know.

I've seen Seagulls at Freeports do it :classic_laugh:

Attack windows????

Guys... What are you doing? 

Stop listening to the morons who tell you "offline raiding isn't PVP". They're wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. 

Offline raiding is STILL PVP; you are still in direct conflict with another player; and therefore it is still PVP. It'd be like saying two warring countries aren't participating in PVP just because they're not on the front lines fighting. No. 

You do not have to be physically, or virtually present for something to be regarded as PVP.

Take a turn based game like chess for example; i could go on holiday mid-game, and spend all my time thinking about the next move, only to come back and then make the move. Does the fact that i wasn't making a move for a long period of time mean that i'm no longer in competition with my opponent? No. The same goes for atlas.

People who cry about offline raiding should NOT be on PVP servers to begin with. You're not actually into the real PVP of this game if you dislike offline raids. Honestly, people like you would be content with just an arena server where you could fight head to head with anyone you want, but on the main PVP server? Please keep your PVE concepts out.

• Like 2

Then go with a better longterm solution where there are new materials to build with, higher end things, more thought put into structures and their hitpoints. More defenses for when offline, and things bolstered but not in a way that small tribes or solo players cant raid as well. Put the dev stream changes on pve servers and some in between server, keep PVP real PVP. Just sort out defenses for small tribes and solo players to get by. I would rather it be harder to raid bases all around then any scheduled system. It would give everyone the same benefit and assurance more or less and combat would be more boat centric. But solo players/small tribes need some kind of boosts to stay alive.

Edited by mastro_akq

I am for the new system. Offline raiding is just BS tactic. you spend countless hours building a base and setting it up to be squashed by a man riding a bear and cannon who watched the server pop before attacking.

• Confused 2

I'm torn between two sides on this new 'PVP' system. For large companies it will have its benefits mostly that it will see the end of the meta of sneak attacks on islands that you or the enemy owns that have few or no players on it at the time of the attack. It will be nice to full fledged wars with maxmium players from two large companies going hard at it. That said it will definitely reduce the tactical options available to players. For instance if I see an enemy company with a whole bunch of ships docked in a new harbor that is still building its defenses I will no longer be able to quickly organize a raid to take advantage of that which is a great shame and bad for gameplay.

For small companies though I think this change will be a complete disaster. If you are in a small company your options currently vs a larger one really are only tactical surprises. If they know you are coming (which they now will) then you don't really have much of a chance provided they aren't complete noobs. This change will force smaller companies to form alliances for the sake of warring which many players may not like or wish to do. On the flip side these raid tokens will hardly matter for defending when in a small company. You stand a chance vs a large company regardless of this change. So its a net negative for small companies.

Overall I think these changes to PVP will not be on the whole positive. Not if war tokens only come in one size fits all. I think at the very least we need a few tokens maybe even some "tactical raid tokens" that say let you fight on an island for 30 minutes with 5 minutes warning time and then say have a 1 day cooldown time. This would at least let players make some strategic moves when the opportunity arises.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 1

Please fix all these 123 names too. So cheesy everyone uses that now so players dont know who is in the zone.  Also offline raiding isn't necessarily a BS tactic. Part of the game is where you build, how you build, how many you have, how well you placed defenses exct. That gentlemen's agreement crap is not for games, or grinding/farming to declare war. Its not a base battle sim. Its an open ended sandbox. Just make the system more indepth, more options, better defenses, bonuses, and less ways of excessive griefing. Better foresight please. Maybe allow players to buy ability things like rally the troops exct, where they can grant bonuses to their base NPC's for a certain duration to help ward off some attacks. Especially solo/small tribes. Where solo and small tribes can atleast deter and fight back.

But the new system proposed does sound like it may eliminate a ton of gate spam, pillar spam and some of that crap all over their games.

Edited by mastro_akq

2 minutes ago, mastro_akq said:

Please fix all these 123 names too. So cheesy everyone uses that now so players dont know who is in the zone.  Also offline raiding isn't necessarily a BS tactic. Part of the game is where you build, how you build, how many you have, how well you placed defenses exct. That gentlemen's agreement crap is not for games, or grinding/farming to declare war. Its not a base battle sim. Its an open ended sandbox. Just make the system more indepth, more options, better defenses, bonuses, and less ways of excessive griefing. Better foresight please.

But the new system proposed does sound like it may eliminate a ton of gate spam, pillar spam and some of that crap all over their games.

123 names could be easily fixed if they simply reported the player name instead and enforced unique player names. ARK had the same issue and they never addressed it or tried to fix it over there so I highly doubt the same devs will do anything here to fix it.

Edited by Bullet Force