Jump to content

[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Lorien said:

I'm sure you're right a lot will quit but I would not base the numbers on that chart cause people like me that will return, a lot of them don't feel like playing till the wipe occurs. You know, what's the point of doing stuff you already know will get deleted.

And the few that return will be gone if they pull out the next reset. You dont reset an MMO. Period. Plenty of games have shown how to do it. EA is not an excuse for a painfully slow learning curve of the developers of this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Grongash said:

And the few that return will be gone if they pull out the next reset. You dont reset an MMO. Period. Plenty of games have shown how to do it. EA is not an excuse for a painfully slow learning curve of the developers of this game.

Lol. EA is the perfect explanation to wipe. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Lol. EA is the perfect explanation to wipe. 

maybe for you, still EA doesn't mean wipes automatically no matter how often you try to tell that - it's worse with a time consuming game like atlas. if they won't clarify their future wipe plans after this one this is so going to hurt the population even more that you can discuss this matter with the other few wipe loving folks around here and play with a few hundred peak - not what i would like atlas to be for the next 2 years.

Edited by Xenom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xenom said:

maybe for you, still EA doesn't mean wipes automatically no matter how often you try to tell that - it's worse with a time consuming game like atlas. if they won't clarify their future wipe plans after this one this is so going to hurt the population even more that you can discuss this matter with the other few wipe loving folks around here and play with a few hundred peak - not what i would like atlas to be for the next 2 years.

They've already explained their plans regarding wipes. They will come on an as-needed basis but will be something they don't take lightly in making that decision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Xenom said:

maybe for you, still EA doesn't mean wipes automatically no matter how often you try to tell that - it's worse with a time consuming game like atlas. if they won't clarify their future wipe plans after this one this is so going to hurt the population even more that you can discuss this matter with the other few wipe loving folks around here and play with a few hundred peak - not what i would like atlas to be for the next 2 years.

I find it to be rather clarified when there’s a huge banner saying a lot of stuff can and will change and if EA isn’t for you, it’s best to wait a bit. Well you proved the last part to be right. I don’t mind the wipe since I knew what I was getting into when clicking the buy option. Having such a huge map should atleast run some kind of little bell in people’s head about the possibility of wipes. I’m not saying the people calling wipes out to ‘not a part of EA’ are ignorant, it’s just that they could’ve seen it coming since it was staring everyone right in the face. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Percieval said:

I find it to be rather clarified when there’s a huge banner saying a lot of stuff can and will change and if EA isn’t for you, it’s best to wait a bit. Well you proved the last part to be right. I don’t mind the wipe since I knew what I was getting into when clicking the buy option. Having such a huge map should atleast run some kind of little bell in people’s head about the possibility of wipes. I’m not saying the people calling wipes out to ‘not a part of EA’ are ignorant, it’s just that they could’ve seen it coming since it was staring everyone right in the face. 

you write it by yourself: EA basically means the game isn't finished and there might be changes. EA doesn't automatically mean wipes - just so we get it right what EA really means. but that is not really the point of what i want to say as we can argue about that for the years to come so i won't really bother to change your opinion - you are ok with it fine, a lot are not which also shows by the numbers currently playing and if there is future full wipes coming this won't really change.

so sure they said they might wipe again, i still hope they will reconsider and clarify on this - why? i really like atlas and want to keep playing but games like atlas need a critical mass of players to really be fun and i doubt we will keep that critical mass with future wipes coming - just like darkfall which was just no fun with a few hundred ppl left and was one of the best with thousands, same for atlas. 

i personally support and play quite a lot of EA games when i like the idea and most of the time it is crystal clear from the beginning if there will be wipes or not or what parts might get wiped. and here lies the problem with atlas - most where taking ark as a reference which didn't do any full wipes and most where thinking this will be the case with atlas and therefor spent quite a lot of time with the game which they would not have if they knew there would be wipes.

it's just a sad state right now...the same few ppl on the forums, empty servers and no fun to be had. i guess if the course on wipes (at least after this one - tho i still think wiping chars too is lazy) will not change this will stay this way which would be sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Xenom said:

you write it by yourself: EA basically means the game isn't finished and there might be changes. EA doesn't automatically mean wipes - just so we get it right what EA really means. but that is not really the point of what i want to say as we can argue about that for the years to come so i won't really bother to change your opinion - you are ok with it fine, a lot are not which also shows by the numbers currently playing and if there is future full wipes coming this won't really change.

so sure they said they might wipe again, i still hope they will reconsider and clarify on this - why? i really like atlas and want to keep playing but games like atlas need a critical mass of players to really be fun and i doubt we will keep that critical mass with future wipes coming - just like darkfall which was just no fun with a few hundred ppl left and was one of the best with thousands, same for atlas. 

i personally support and play quite a lot of EA games when i like the idea and most of the time it is crystal clear from the beginning if there will be wipes or not or what parts might get wiped. and here lies the problem with atlas - most where taking ark as a reference which didn't do any full wipes and most where thinking this will be the case with atlas and therefor spent quite a lot of time with the game which they would not have if they knew there would be wipes.

it's just a sad state right now...the same few ppl on the forums, empty servers and no fun to be had. i guess if the course on wipes (at least after this one - tho i still think wiping chars too is lazy) will not change this will stay this way which would be sad.

Like I said, there should ring a bell when you have such a big map. But maybe some people don’t think that way. Like I said before, any change on the map concerning island change or movement means a wipe, atleast on my private server testings. I don’t get all the hassle; for the last 3 months people have been complaining and begging for wipes/a different claim system/more islands - now we get that, and it’s again, not good for some people. You will never make everyone happy in this game. They said it 2 months ago in the first livestream that wipes are always a possibility. I thought about it in December, they confirmed it in January and we’re here in february/march bitching about it. Don’t I just love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xenom said:

if they won't clarify their future wipe plans after this one this is so going to hurt the population even more

What do you expect as clarification? Clarification that they won't, will, or may wipe?

This wipe that is coming up was absolutely necessary due to the changes in the claim system and world rework. But what it wasn't was expected, even by the devs. So if this upcoming wipe was never intended from the start, how can you ask for clarification on future wipe plans? The stance on future wipes would always be they may happen. I believe there would only be wipes if something major requires it, such as the current situation.

How do you expect the devs to clarify an unknown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Mean't to be the 20th March, but nothing has been said for a while.

 

Thank you GUYBRUSH! There are few guys left to worry about the game.

Developers are busy with Outlaws of the Old West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Mean't to be the 20th March, but nothing has been said for a while.

I am pretty sure the patch was supposed to be released on the 20th and PTS before then. I think it got delayed again so they are like 20th is PTS. Game is bleeding itself dry for a playerbase at this point.

~Lotus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lotus said:

I am pretty sure the patch was supposed to be released on the 20th and PTS before then. I think it got delayed again so they are like 20th is PTS. Game is bleeding itself dry for a playerbase at this point.

~Lotus

You should read the Captain's Logs for the latest information. PTR is meant to be 20th March.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You should read the Captain's Logs for the latest information. PTR is meant to be 20th March.

I know but I think the original release for the patch on live was supposed to be the 20th. Kinda like that polar dungeon in Feb 😞

 

~Lotus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I know but I think the original release for the patch on live was supposed to be the 20th. Kinda like that polar dungeon in Feb 😞

 

~Lotus

Yes that was the original plan, which is why originally I stated it's meant to be 20th March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

What do you expect as clarification? Clarification that they won't, will, or may wipe?

This wipe that is coming up was absolutely necessary due to the changes in the claim system and world rework. But what it wasn't was expected, even by the devs. So if this upcoming wipe was never intended from the start, how can you ask for clarification on future wipe plans? The stance on future wipes would always be they may happen. I believe there would only be wipes if something major requires it, such as the current situation.

How do you expect the devs to clarify an unknown?

don't be so dramatic 🙂 what i mean is that just looking at the current wipe...i think most can understand that they need to wipe assets/claims etc...you might like the planned rework or not but such reworks are part of EA. so even if you didn't expect a wipe, wiping assets and claims seems quite reasonable, sucks but well. could have been more clear from the start but it is what it is.

still wiping characters on top seems unnecessary for most and by clarification i mean they could state if they feel safe enough to for an example not wipe characters from now on (i mean they really should be able to decide this by now) + they could tell us why they have to wipe them in the first place this time around. sure they say they do not take the decision lightly yet a full wipe for what is coming makes one think otherwise.

just think of it...how many will bother to develop their character, will you? how many will be sailing the seas without this? progression in games like this is quite crucial for a lot of players. will they bother to come back and stay? i personally really like the game and i also like to play EA games but the time spend in such games when there is wipes coming is quite low for most players, is atlas fun with no players? guess not. so if they at least would not wipe characters going forward (best would still to start with this wipe also) i am quite sure more would not mind that much - just seems like overkill to wipe everything from the devs.

i mean i get it that those still lurking these forums right now do not mind that much...well most have gone missing for now, most of them that stopped playing didn't even write on those forums but the numbers show quite clear how much ppl bother to play with wipes. so i still think the devs should think of how they want their EA...super low population than go ahead without or change course very likely have more players to test stuff but you will need to let them some sort of progression - besides a hat 😛  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xenom said:

still wiping characters on top seems unnecessary

For fixing bugs related to characters it can be necessary.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:05 AM, Jatheish said:

Due to the impact of these changes, we believe a wipe is the best course of action so that you can experience the update in a fresh environment, without being influenced by any of our legacy or deprecated code. 

Think about how it was technicaly not possible to do the 3x DP stuff. Think about all Bugs related to DP and even char loss, lost powerstone etc. Think about people got powerstones with "bugged" fragment.

If they recode stuff to fix that it is only benefitial. Can you imagine the benefits off additional freatures like 3x DP weekends becoming available due to the char wipe? (speculation)

It can be good, maybe it is unnecessary tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, Darkintellect said:

It's not, more will leave than join. ENjoy playing with yourself. I'm out too.

This game isn't close to release, true release isn't even on the horizon yet, if you thought for a minute that there would not be a wipe, or several before the beta testing is done then you simply deluded yourself, Oh BTW when it does finally realease as an official game, guess what, WIPE INCOMING    lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kummba said:

For fixing bugs related to characters it can be necessary.

Think about how it was technicaly not possible to do the 3x DP stuff. Think about all Bugs related to DP and even char loss, lost powerstone etc. Think about people got powerstones with "bugged" fragment.

If they recode stuff to fix that it is only benefitial. Can you imagine the benefits off additional freatures like 3x DP weekends becoming available due to the char wipe? (speculation)

It can be good, maybe it is unnecessary tho.

sure that is what i am guessing is the reason still it'd be nice to have some sort of dev info on all this as all the threads showed that a lot were bothered by the char wipe - right now it just seems like they don't want to talk about it at all like if we don't talk about it they (we) will forget about it ^^ i think that most ppl won't forget and will not really care to play and i don't want to play atlas with just a few hundred...i mean there is a game i really like and i just fear it got sunk with the full wipe before it could really take off.  or i am just wrong...guess we will see soon enough 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xenom said:

don't be so dramatic 🙂 what i mean is that just looking at the current wipe...i think most can understand that they need to wipe assets/claims etc...you might like the planned rework or not but such reworks are part of EA. so even if you didn't expect a wipe, wiping assets and claims seems quite reasonable, sucks but well. could have been more clear from the start but it is what it is.

still wiping characters on top seems unnecessary for most and by clarification i mean they could state if they feel safe enough to for an example not wipe characters from now on (i mean they really should be able to decide this by now) + they could tell us why they have to wipe them in the first place this time around. sure they say they do not take the decision lightly yet a full wipe for what is coming makes one think otherwise.

just think of it...how many will bother to develop their character, will you? how many will be sailing the seas without this? progression in games like this is quite crucial for a lot of players. will they bother to come back and stay? i personally really like the game and i also like to play EA games but the time spend in such games when there is wipes coming is quite low for most players, is atlas fun with no players? guess not. so if they at least would not wipe characters going forward (best would still to start with this wipe also) i am quite sure more would not mind that much - just seems like overkill to wipe everything from the devs.

i mean i get it that those still lurking these forums right now do not mind that much...well most have gone missing for now, most of them that stopped playing didn't even write on those forums but the numbers show quite clear how much ppl bother to play with wipes. so i still think the devs should think of how they want their EA...super low population than go ahead without or change course very likely have more players to test stuff but you will need to let them some sort of progression - besides a hat 😛  

From my understanding they are reworking the islands. If they rework them and change the discovery points that will create a problem if they don't wipe the characters. The other thing is my char is 87 so for people that are coming back to try and get land I will have a huge advantage over somebody that is level 50. As for the hat I would like them to fix the hat we got for killing the kraken cause there was no reasonable way to keep it. I also want to put my kraken hat on a penguin but for now I would have liked it to just work.

 

As for all the people talking about the wipe and nobody playing if stuff gets deleted. I like seasons on Diablo 3, I also don't like playing it for more than 1-2 months at a time 😄. At the highest tier of that game for solo farming you go into the rift and if it isn't a certain map/monster set you like you just leave the rift and start a new one. It gets tedious real quick. This I grind against it until the game just becomes stress then I play a new game. For this game I wouldn't mind seeing a level ladder of how fast can you get to level 120 (max level possible?) Then they reset it every 3 months or so as a season. This kind of play isn't for everybody though so yeah.

~Lotus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see it persistent like Eve in terms of just a living world that never ends.  We the players for PvP are the content.  Sure they can toss in some events to spice things up, but overall the players, the politics, the wars and the economy we provide is the main content.

As to the wipe I keep telling people they have a bunch of good reasons for it beyond the obvious ones like the map and claim system changes.  There are so many bugged structure, boats, wrecks, items, tames and even characters that a wipe could potentially do wonders for the server's overall performance, our play experience and make it easier on the devs to diagnose issues and correct them.  The more variables you add to a problem the more difficult it becomes to solve it in any given situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who comes in here saying "I quit because of the wipe" is as silly as can be.

I have been expecting this wipe for a month before it was even announced.

I think people have a mis-understanding of what EA is... still to this day.. Early Access (TO AN ALPHA/BETA). Not early access to a fully finished fully polished fully balanced game.

WHY are they wiping?

Ask the 1000's of people who duped and cheated.

I am sure the claim flag system is also huge and would require a wipe to implement.

 

I would not even be surprised if this was not the last wipe... I would expect AT LEAST one more wipe on release at the VERY LEAST.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Midjit Thud said:

Anyone who comes in here saying "I quit because of the wipe" is as silly as can be.

I have been expecting this wipe for a month before it was even announced.

I think people have a mis-understanding of what EA is... still to this day.. Early Access (TO AN ALPHA/BETA). Not early access to a fully finished fully polished fully balanced game.

WHY are they wiping?

Ask the 1000's of people who duped and cheated.

I am sure the claim flag system is also huge and would require a wipe to implement.

 

I would not even be surprised if this was not the last wipe... I would expect AT LEAST one more wipe on release at the VERY LEAST.

You have to understand that a lot of people playing Atlas previously played ARK and so it makes complete sense that people will take the experience of Wildcard not wiping during EA and expect the same from Grapeshot as many of the Devs are the same.

People so easily bring up the stupid EA story whilst being ignorant about the history of this development team and why it may change peoples expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×