[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

1 hour ago, mastro_akq said:

Character wipe isn't a huge loss either because they can boost XP gain after the wipe for an extended amount of time.

You clearly haven't leveled really in this game. Not everyone want to spent hours on hours on hours of sailing, running to that discovery point, get back to the ship, etc etc etc. They can wipe everything in my opinion, though the levels you earned kinda should stay, but i get why our levels get deleted. I don't get why our discovery points need to wipe. Or they should remove the leveling restriction tied to discovery points

That depends. I'm level 55 and have 692 hours in game. I haven't grinded much specifically for levels either with a lot of other stuff to learn. I like to do a lot of different things in a new game with deep mechanics. I dont find the grind to be too much with a lot of new things and changes, and everyone starting over. I also dont feel like I have to be top level and keep up all the time. There is fun along the way.

Edited by mastro_akq

sorry i just come back home. what is happening now. WHEN is the serverwipe? RIGHT NOW or soon?? you fucked it up hard if you wipe now without warning DAYS before the wipe. YOU CANNOT JUST WIPE WITHOUT SAYING ANTHING FOR WEEKS. YOU NEED TO GIVE PLAYERS TIME TO PREPARE

3 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

sorry i just come back home. what is happening now. WHEN is the serverwipe? RIGHT NOW or soon?? you fucked it up hard if you wipe now without warning DAYS before the wipe. YOU CANNOT JUST WIPE WITHOUT SAYING ANTHING FOR WEEKS. YOU NEED TO GIVE PLAYERS TIME TO PREPARE

The wipe is at the end of the month when the major update hits..

But saying that what difference does it really make if it's now or at the end of the month its a full wipe.. there is nothing for you to prepare for.. 

• Like 1

hahaha all those crying noobs "I will leave because of wipe". Go cry somewhere else, if u don't want to play the game, wtf are u doing here now?

12 minutes ago, Arykos said:

hahaha all those crying noobs "I will leave because of wipe". Go cry somewhere else, if u don't want to play the game, wtf are u doing here now?

yea. stop crying guys. it HAS to happen. its early access and it will be good for the game. you cannot make a huge change of the claim system without a server wipe.

if its true that only 1 flag per island and no sea flags then i hope the 1 landflag has a bigger radius than the old ones and maybe not a circle? squares are better

29 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

yea. stop crying guys. it HAS to happen. its early access and it will be good for the game. you cannot make a huge change of the claim system without a server wipe.

if its true that only 1 flag per island and no sea flags then i hope the 1 landflag has a bigger radius than the old ones and maybe not a circle? squares are better

as im reading it the first to the island and plants flag owns the entire island on pvp 

47 minutes ago, Arykos said:

It wasn't long ago the same people were saying the same to people wanting a wipe "stop crying" yep abit hypocritical of them I say.

8 minutes ago, UDO said:

as im reading it the first to the island and plants flag owns the entire island on pvp 

It's not instantly claimed takes a few hours so get out there and fight for the island you want 😉

how to kill our game and our community? ooohhhh I have an idea, I'm wipe everyone. Thank you very much for your ideas. Today 10,000 players after wipe 1000 players I think. Your servers will hold now. 😃

So this full wipe has 0 reasons to lose our character lvls.  Yours servers already don’t work, yes u can log on but the ping makes it unplayable.  We sold u this game as early access not an Alpha version, you can’t get ur money back because u spent too many hours being DCed or killed by things that don’t exist.  We don’t want to punish you except the game is not even really interesting and fun till you hit lvl 35+ and we’re going to wipe everything and only let high end players see the new content.  You were losing hundreds of players a day before this announcement and now no one has a reason to log in till the March update cause everything is going away.  The only word that comes to mind for this game and company at the moment is SCAM ARTISTS.

if it was a wipe to change the claim system then pve wouldn't need a wipe no one would lose there stuff its all going lawless

pfff I play on private and we have wiped twice already.  TBH it does not bother me to much.  At the end of the day the journey is part of the fun and its fun to think of different way to do stuff.   Plus its an alpha game.  Elite did the same but more often.  Star Citizen wipes almost every update while in Alpha.

If you enjoy the game then you will keep playing.  if not then bye.   Each to their own.

• Like 2

Wipe => uninstalling the game

Claim system => uninstalling the game

No flags, just foundation to keep the area and block ressources => uninstalling the game

7 hours ago, Amy3 said:

o ok

well like I said, pve has had tropical land claims available for weeks, what's stopping you now

Time and the threat of not actually finding some, and still not getting it because someone logged in for 30 seconds to kill the claim..... But for real, I'm not gonna bother since a wipe is coming. 

I can understand the database changes that are going to be happening that will necessitate a fullwipe. Moving islands, adding islands, re-shuffling everything, sure.

But I think that you, the developers, have done some bad design that makes wiping the game very very punishing to newer players and small groups, such that a lot of the solo players and small groups that have been clamoring for a wipe do not fully understand what is going to happen.

I am not in any way joking or exaggerating when I say it's going to be very possible for a solo player, who understands the secrets of this game, to be level-capped with a fully-built galleon by the end of day 1. It is possible. I will be doing it. Without exploiting.

Meanwhile, the average solo player or even small group will not be able to get things done anywhere near that quickly, because of the small details and tricks and secrets in this game that they are not aware of. And your average newbie will be lucky to hit level 51 by the end of the first month, something most experienced players won't have any trouble at all doing within the first day.

I guess what I'm saying is that this game rewards clever experimentation almost too much, because when it comes to gather rates and such the highs are too high.

There are still mindblowing, game-affecting secrets I am still learning even at 1177 hours in this game. I will give the developers quite a lot of credit though for making a system that rewards curiosity this much.

i guess empty servers are the best servers, no lag, no issue, no whine

may be the best patch is just to down the servers

delete game and pass to another one

fixed

So now all the griefers that just kill all new ppl on sloops and wipe out small tribes for no reason day after day will see what it feels like to loose your hard work,  I love this wipe! I wonder how many of the ppl leaving because of the wipe are ones who talked shit to ppl that complained about griefers say its pvp...dont like it then leave. Guess what, it's a EA game that changes week after week, dont like it? Then leave lmfao 🙂 karkarma is so kind

This is good. Ppl are whining for character wipe... damn ppl are gettin lazy. It takes couple hours to get to level that you have every skill you need. There should be somekind skillcap anyways.. its stupid in mmo that one guy can build everything by him self.. but maybe i just got used to it in LiF

On 3/1/2019 at 3:54 PM, xRDx said:

So now all the griefers that just kill all new ppl on sloops and wipe out small tribes for no reason day after day will see what it feels like to loose your hard work,  I love this wipe! I wonder how many of the ppl leaving because of the wipe are ones who talked shit to ppl that complained about griefers say its pvp...dont like it then leave. Guess what, it's a EA game that changes week after week, dont like it? Then leave lmfao 🙂 karkarma is so kind

I heard some rumors that there will be penalty for offline raiding and bambi killing... would be nice.

I want to say good job and thank you Grapeshot games. This was one of the best decisions you have made and it shows that you care about the game and its future. A wipe will bring back lots of old and new players.

I think lot of people will be upset due to this wipe cause progress is lost and time, I can understand why this wipe need to happen but I believe developers of this game should get credit to players that play this game for hours and support.

So I believe anyone who played this game minimum X amount of hours they should receive commendation honor badge awarded to the player for that account, let say perhaps cool skins for clothes or something special for the ship upgrade, then I believe that would be very reasonable on the part of the developers team who actually care and know how much time players devoted to their game to give them that extra motivation to continue fresh from start again knowing that have some sort of accomplishment and all that game time wasn't wasted.

Everyone who support it give ye Arrrrrrrrr! 

1) 100+hours clothing/ship sails/flag torn down by massive wipe tornado

2) 700+hours become living undead (maybe cosmetic look and unlimited breathing underwater)

3) 1400+hours rare ship blueprint preferably Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, or even original ship from Goonies! 😉

(Should be about 73 days when game lunched x 24h = 1752h non stop playing which is impossible!)

Edited by matt7

On 3/5/2019 at 5:22 AM, Razalon said:

The Game is DEAD

Wipe Confirmed many Player leave Atlas me too, after 834 Hours of Gameplay

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

I'm sure you're right a lot will quit but I would not base the numbers on that chart cause people like me that will return, a lot of them don't feel like playing till the wipe occurs. You know, what's the point of doing stuff you already know will get deleted.

Edited by Lorien