[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

3 minutes ago, thelawninja said:

So wipe out the claims. Don't punish the entire player base for the cheaters, and don't "reward" those decent players who have been soldiering on through all the glitches, bugs, etc. by throwing away everything we've built. I was miffed when exploiters sunk our ships, but we rebuilt. I was annoyed when we lost upgraded gear to blueprint-conversion and other glitches, but we made them over again. If we have to restart from scratch after all that, just because the devs say so, I'm done.

Horse shit. A wipe isn't punishing anyone. First of all it's necessary to implement the new changes to the game. Second, It puts everyone at equal standing now that a lot of bugs and exploits have been worked out and actually gives people a fair chance. It's a pvp game, you were never meant to hold on to everything.  Worried about power stones? They were easy, get em again, gives you something to work towards. Stop crying.

11 minutes ago, electricspoon said:

Horse shit. A wipe isn't punishing anyone. First of all it's necessary to implement the new changes to the game. Second, It puts everyone at equal standing now that a lot of bugs and exploits have been worked out and actually gives people a fair chance. It's a pvp game, you were never meant to hold on to everything.  Worried about power stones? They were easy, get em again, gives you something to work towards. Stop crying.

I also cried because I will lose all the stuff, but now after watching the playback of stream its necessary for them to wipe the server to implement the changes so most of these post are done after seeing the server wipe post and not after watching the stream. So watch the stream or wait for captains log. Rempving claims from PvE is really gonna be hard on players because of foundations spam. And the upkeep won't be difficult for a company to maintain so we'll have to wait and see. And if the upkeep on PvE structures is not difficult then after 2 days of the March update people will demand a wipe. Again.

1 hour ago, Hattrix said:

Awesome!!!!!!  Best news! 

Now I can find a nice tropical land to claim. 

I'm laughing at all of the cry babies complaining about losing all of their hard work. 

🤣🤣🤣

in PVE - no claiming

in PVP - complete Island

• Players can now build anywhere, without owning a Settlement (an island which has been claimed).
  • An island which has been claimed is now known as a Settlement.
  • Only one claim flag can be placed per island, and the owner (player/company) is the owner of that Settlement.

PvE Network

• No claim flags
  • Damage decay overtime added to all structures
  • A new auto-repair structure which players will need to upkeep to prevent structures from being destroyed by decay.
Edited by Pirate Hawkins

I got my moneys worth from the game not gonna lie. I play on NA PVE

But if the devs think I'm doing 100 hours of grinding all over again... lol.  No way.  I've got better ways to spend my time. Hope everyone here enjoys the new content maybe I'll see ya at the official release.  

47 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

if you manage to get that pvp tropical land you want (pve has had tropical land claims available for weeks, so I assume you aren't pve), then you get to be the crybaby next wipe

NOPE... I'm on PVE.... The 2 other people I play with and I haven't ventured more than 2 squares out of lawless, but sure I'd LOVE to sit forever to NOT get an expiring claim because I don't have the resources or time to npc camp some mega company's throw away claim. 

(did you detect the sarcasm? ) 

We have our own private Ark server, 7 Days to Die server, Empirion server, Space Engineers server, and Minecraft server.... We voluntarily wipe our hard work every so often and start from scratch. It's fun with a new challenge. 

Cry babies who didn't expect a wipe are entertaining. 

15 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

in PVE - no claiming

in PVP - complete Island

• Players can now build anywhere, without owning a Settlement (an island which has been claimed).
  • An island which has been claimed is now known as a Settlement.
  • Only one claim flag can be placed per island, and the owner (player/company) is the owner of that Settlement.

PvE Network

• No claim flags
  • Damage decay overtime added to all structures
  • A new auto-repair structure which players will need to upkeep to prevent structures from being destroyed by decay.

im laughing too at all the foundation and pillar spam that will happen so no one will be able to build anyway ,or the player that forgot to pillar or foundation the front of his ship yard who logs in to see gates in front of it forcing them off their prime spot , gonna be great 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

NOPE... I'm on PVE.... The 2 other people I play with and I haven't ventured more than 2 squares out of lawless, but sure I'd LOVE to sit forever to NOT get an expiring claim because I don't have the resources or time to npc camp some mega company's throw away claim. 

(did you detect the sarcasm? ) 

We have our own private Ark server, 7 Days to Die server, Empirion server, Space Engineers server, and Minecraft server.... We voluntarily wipe our hard work every so often and start from scratch. It's fun with a new challenge. 

Cry babies who didn't expect a wipe are entertaining. 

o ok

well like I said, pve has had tropical land claims available for weeks, what's stopping you now

That's because tropical lands are lacking in resources and are more annoying with creatures and storms. Also lacking in diversity in flora and fauna.

7 hours ago, Olthoi said:

Announcing a wipe this early is a mistaake.  24-48 Hours notice is best, 2-3 weeks is bad.  Bascially from here out im not going to do anything ambitious.  How many people will just leave?

People complain if they announce it right before it happens, people complain if it wipes too early, lolz I just don't get gamers anymore. Wipe HYPE!

I'm curious what I can get my galleon farm time down to with 6x anarchy mode

My last attempt during 2x went from empty box to full-galleon in 122 minutes, and I made a number of errors and was also missing a couple of important gathering buffs

This will inform me on how much time I'll need to farm for on day-one post-wipe to get a galleon made before day-one ends

losing my claim. my collected materials, my crafted stuff, my max lvld ships and crews and tames...i have no problem with that.

a week of power gaming and i would have all these stuff back.

but losing my lvl 85 char and doing all the discoveries again...and maybe again after another wipe (collected not a single powerstone, all max lvl up done by discoveries, i have explored 90% of the map) is. that took weeks and hundreds of hours.

completly understandable that they have to perform a wipe , no hard feelings from here, but keeping chars would be great. at least for PvE it wouldn´t make a difference.

all in all i had a lot of fun and immersion with atlas, definitely worth the money but i must confess i won´t touch it before it´s final.

this game is a raw diamond and i´m sure it will be a great game in 1-2 years but i need solid ground to walk on and not clouds in the air.

yes i know it´s early access and now i know i´m not an early access player. thank you for that lesson learned, cu after final release.

i´ll be back...bigger and better

At last!  For the winers, EVERY private community is doing regular wipes to make sure every one is getting equal chances to have a good game.

I can understand that pvp players are more impacted by this but pve players that are wining are just ridiculous.
"Oh no, we have to build again, in a 75% building game...'"

1 hour ago, Hattrix said:

Awesome!!!!!!  Best news! 

Now I can find a nice tropical land to claim. 

I'm laughing at all of the cry babies complaining about losing all of their hard work. 

🤣🤣🤣

Good luck claiming land in PvE when land claims will no longer exist and structures decay over time that you need to upkeep.

Laughing at people and calling them names, wow you big man aren't ya.

Played game 600 hours, had fun.

*Game wipes*

Play another 600 hours, have fun.

I know people always get really upset at a wipe but I am a little shocked it didn't happen sooner. We will lose our virtual items and start again. No biggie. 

I suppose the player's reaction is down to differing views on games. I enjoy what I have done while some enjoy what they have got.

Its not sudden death to a not that bad game. At night on EU pop was down to 501 players before this was even streamed to the players. Its been a slow decline since release for a good game because of too much toxicity, bugs, exploits and broken mechanics. They are doing something right by addressing some major issues which have resulted in such a low population currently in game. I am not at all on board with a war token system though. Two mistakes made here are the wipe should have been sooner, and not leave a month deadzone in between now and the wipe. But whatever we got to play it early in release and its been better than not trying it at all.

And I like what the above poster said more or less.

Edited by mastro_akq

13 minutes ago, mastro_akq said:

Its not sudden death to a not that bad game. At night on EU pop was down to 501 players before this was even streamed to the players. Its been a slow decline since release for a good game because of too much toxicity, bugs, exploits and broken mechanics. They are doing something right by addressing some major issues which have resulted in such a low population currently in game. I am not at all on board with a war token system though. Two mistakes made here are the wipe should have been sooner, and not leave a month deadzone in between now and the wipe. But whatever we got to play it early in release and its been better than not trying it at all.

And I like what the above poster said more or less.

20 day protection is what killed PvE servers. Bcoz people just login, reset and leave.

Offline raiding and people using OP duped items, too large tribes which rekt smaller tribes and helpless solo players killed PvP.

All of those things, but offline raiding isn't necessarily the problem. The system needs more depth so players can build up ways to defend even if small, but mighty. Just because people can offline raid doesn't mean they will succeed with a more indepth system. All I know is there has got to be a better way than carebearing it to much or scheduled war and farming war declarations. Neither of their games Ark or Atlas need more grinding, maintenance, or upkeep features either. In that regard always divert to more fun and less realism when a game becomes work. I like some of the ideas I presented with bonuses and skills and stuff. Could think it through.I could see it relieving a few problems, but making it feel like some mmo just trying to sell copies to masses and not really passionate about their game in the long term.

Scouting a base is part of fun as a player looking for weaknesses in bases. Also for example say a large tribe come and wipe your small tribe or you and a buddy without remorse and take your loot. Your only way to get back is to use your wits and attack when they're weak. No way you and your buddy can get back when they're online if they're larger and no way you would want to alert them about you and your buddy trying to get them back lol. 

I advocate against any war declaration system or tokens for it until proven somehow its very good and aligns with openended and fun battles. It's carebear and puts the game further into larger tribes pockets. They have every advantage to farm tokens faster and have more defenses, when solo and smaller tribes cant spend that time farming a war dec to alert a larger enemy. That's what PVE is for players who dont want to lose/risk buildings, items, or lose in battle. Offline raiding isn't the main problem, its not enough options in game for players. Also I didn't play solo because I wanted to. 

Edited by mastro_akq

8 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Wiping 700 hours of progress and then putting all the new content behind the Kraken?  Seriously?  I'm gone. Totally, without question.  You cannot make more content by just forcing us to repeat the content.

Wipes are part of Alpha or Beta testing.  You never said this was Alpha testing.  EA Alone does not mean wipes.  I've been in many EA's that didn't wipe, and all the ones that did said "You are buying access to our Alpha test"

Done.

I know there will be dozens of these threads and I hate people that make their own thread for things, but just this once I will do it.  And I expect there will be a LOT of them.

Bit disagree here. Since EA is either alpha or paid-alpha. There’s always the possibility of wipes in EA games, so it shouldn’t come as a shock. But then again, you can’t make everyone happy. 

And please dont even go down that default mmo road of killing lower level players causes debuffs, or certain curses and blah. Maybe for executing players. But not for raiding. Raiding doesn't make players bad people. It is a VS game. It is excessive abuse of mechanics and not enough viable options that make people quit.

Can see both sides of the arguement. Only big loss is the characters. Full wipe of the map and progress is pretty much the same as getting wiped in pvp servers. Not going to speak for PvE cause well it's PvE(lol). Pvp servers need to increase the numbers for companies, it's open world for a reason, people have a lot of friends of friends. I for one can say, a lot of people(groups :) )will be coming back after this wipe. Just don't declare a wipe 2-3 weeks ahead of time again lol

Character wipe isn't a huge loss either because they can boost XP gain after the wipe for an extended amount of time. Also while leveling players wont have access to as many things right from the get go which could hold low levels down, and prevent others from building or passing through to try to get territory. Most everyone will have to work on their character again too so not like you can have as many groups working together in small teams or solo by griefing others and then just merging.

But one flag per island? That's crazy talk. Settlements should be a capital flag for tribes with members above a certain amount or something.

Edited by mastro_akq