[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

I agree that thing needed to change the flag spamming on PVE was bad for the game as many people couldn't find land but I think they would have been better off limiting everyone to 1-3 claim per person. They say that the upkeep will stop foundation spamming but I'm not so confident about that. I am also very worried about griefing from resource camping, walling out or in people, etc. Another problem is if they make it costly enough to avoid spamming then it will make it very hard on a small group or sole to built bases. If they are going to keep with this system, I hope they increase the distance between foundations so that people can't build on top of you.  As for wipe it understandable if they are changing the maps adding island etc. but I wish we could keep our character progress. I suppose I will have to wait for the test server but I'm just worried this system will be just like Ark and that why I quit playing official servers.  

I cant believe how many people are bitching. Did you seriously think there would never be a wipe? That's just your own stupidity

Whelp I'd be glad if they only wiped claims instead of all our progress on PvE, even though I'll lose my half island but that doesn't matter. All the progress, very good bp ships, weapons armor and all the things and they wipe all yhe progress out of nowhere.

I'm out. Peace.✌

Just now, Reset said:

I cant believe how many people are bitching. Did you seriously think there would never be a wipe? That's just your own stupidity

Wipe After 2 months? Really?

I have over 600 hours invested in this game, and I have been fully prepared for this day and more like it to come. My main role in the game is to build and farm, so I have more to lose than the average PVPer. The game has great potential but people need to realise that not every game invented needs to be nor  should be just about moron assured mutual destruction. Attack be attacked, raid be raided.... There can be a lot more  to these games, as I believe there will be in time with Atlas. I love the fact Player Economy is coming in at some point, with markets, and trading. Why not, it adds to the enjoyment. I also hope the Devs will bring in my suggestions of a Royal Navy NPC AI fleet to tackle law breakers and those who get poor reputations (Just like the 'Concord' in EVE).
Some Players have said to me on other threads that if I don't like PVP then I should go to the PVE servers. However i do enjoy defending my self, tames and bases, but just not in the unrealistic way that is currently being done. In 600 hours I have been moved on by larger tribes 4 times, each time we end up merging with other tribes, and making new alliances. At the moment we are allied with the mega tribe that destroyed our base and kicked us off our first island. How does that even happen, the game is completely banjaxed and not because of the devs, but because of the mentality of the players who just want to spend every day of the week and weekend killing everyone else around, then moving off to kill everyone else in every other area to, for no other reason than the fact they exist. After that new alliances form of all the people who attacked each other in the first place, and the whole sworded game play starts again.

Having watched the way the game was going from the start, we first lost most individual players, as they were all kicked off of the tribe held islands, or forced to join up. Then we started losing the small tribes for the same reason, then the medium, and now the 100 plus tribes are having to form mass alliances and are starting the merge into mega tribes.Whats next, do all  mega tribes end up merging until we have 2 super mega tribes, and what then happens to anyone who isnt part of these tribes.. Oh yeah they leave as there is nowhere left to play. Great going lads.
I have lost more fellow players due to this reason than any other. The almost constant need by some tribes to just grief bases for sometimes days at a time, is just ridiculous. Get a real life.

This game is supposed to be a blend of action and adventure on the high seas, with trading, and fighting, and sailing, and singing, and dancing, and taming, and exploring, and building, and so on. Instead its turning into just another BS kill or be killed mindless fps game.
i'm glad the devs a wiping, I hope they realise that there are more people out there that want a more fully immersive and rounded game experience.
I would be Happy to have sea battles with any of you, but also happy to explore and farm and get a more realistic pirate adventure game with you all too.

Well done devs about time, after all, this is an Early Access game, and prone to wipes until stable.

• Like 2

Better late than never. Problem is being told its a month away then a wipe....Hopefully there is enough new goodness for a totally new start.

Edited by mastro_akq

Oh FFS. Look at all the crying, LOL, your tears are so yummy! I love it. Your all dumb dumbs 😄

#1 Reason for wipe, Jat said repeatedly and no one listens. You guys fucking cheated and duped. You know who you are, and sadly your probably not the ones crying.

Math time.

some said they put 600+ hours in, some said as many as 1200. 

*Side note, if you work 40 hours a week, you have likely worked less than 400 hours since this game released to EA (aka alpha/beta, your a noob if you disagree sorry get woke) some perspective children*

So at 600 hours played, you spent $0.04 perhour to be entertained. You should be sucking Jat off for the experience.

At 1200 hours (JFC the Sun is asking about you) your at $0.02/hr!

Im so sorry you all had fun for almost FREE.

I'd ban the lot of you and make you buy the game again, and you know you would! 

Becuase that live stream and this patch looks amazing! 

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GS! 

-CS

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not really complaining about entertainment, I do have 1200 hours in this game and if the game became worthless tomorrow I'd still consider my money well spent

Also my friend on pve who did get banned did actually buy the game again, so you're not wrong

though to be fair, that friend who did re-buy the game has now quit the game due to the imminent wipe, along with all of my other pve friends, I am the only one left out of hundreds when you include the K12 discord and the various trade discords

Edited by Amy3

Fug if you ain't come off sidewys m8. It's a game discussion forum for a game in early access development. Ok? And it's not just a wipe because of duping. Cut the $5 cheeseburger comparisons to games development.

Edited by mastro_akq

They made a mistake of calling it a wipe. Cause it ain't really a wipe, it is a relaunch. It is Atlas II. 

A wipe would be just that a wipe and do over using same code with maybe a coupe of new things it it.

But the change in claims, PVP, discovery points, major changes to the grids, changes to character progression, is not a update it is a relaunch with new ideas completely different from Atlas I

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reapo said:

Didn't even need to be 20 years ago, I think most people were able to beta test at least one WoW expansion if they wanted to before Steam Early Access was even a thing. People played the shit outta the WoW Beta and knew very well that all the progress was gonna be gone upon launch day.

Atlas isn't a finished game, so that mean it can be considered in Beta or Alpha stages of development. Since it is very playable, I'd put it in early beta stages. Wipes are going to happen. I am shocked that people didn't think a wipe would be coming, like wtf dreamland are you guys on lol

you're talking apple and oranges comparing WoW with Atlas or ARK.

and EA isn't Alpha or beta that's why it's called Early Access.

if you want to use semantics then get your tools straight

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz

12 minutes ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

you're talking apple and oranges comparing WoW with Atlas or ARK.

EA is between alpha and beta. But at the release the game's condition was in alpha stage but it has improved well in these 2 months and when it is near release. When an end user tests a program or a game it is considered a beta test. So early access means a long beta. Concluded. 🙂

My Company of about 20 just said peace out with the No Claims in PVE. I had high hopes for this game time to ask steam for a Refund

What do all these folks that are saying "Refund, refund, refund!" think is going to happen when they ask Steam for a refund on a game they got 500+ hours on? lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Myrmidon said:

What do all these folks that are saying "Refund, refund, refund!" think is going to happen when they ask Steam for a refund on a game they got 500+ hours on? lol

You'd be surprised.  There's a reason Bethesda bailed on Steam.

10 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

You'd be surprised.  There's a reason Bethesda bailed on Steam.

first off, they didn't bail. They're testing profit margins on a different platform because they don't have their own. Steam takes 30%. the other one takes something like 18% .when they see they are not getting sales because it not a consumer friendly platform, you'll see. also, that platform doesn't have a customer review section. Bethesda didn't like the results of fallout 76 and they're testing their alternatives. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

33 minutes ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

Your wrong. Lets say it together, WRONG. Its just that, I really like using words correctly whenever possible. Please visit the link below, realize you misunderstood something and come back enlightened. Not being offensive, just pointing out for everyone who does not understand what exactly an EA game is. My tools are very well organized I assure you ;P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_access

5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's an entire wipe, everything including characters are going to be wiped, nothing will exist.

Awesome!!!!!!  Best news! 

Now I can find a nice tropical land to claim. 

I'm laughing at all of the cry babies complaining about losing all of their hard work. 

🤣🤣🤣

So these changes just turned a PvP Pirate game with massive potential into a PvE Sailing game with scheduled PvP times? Really? I thought the organic paste stone changes were bad. @JatheishWho is making these awful decisions? My company along with majority of people in this forum will not be returning. Sad to say because of what this concept could have been.

6 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Wiping 700 hours of progress and then putting all the new content behind the Kraken?  Seriously?  I'm gone. Totally, without question.  You cannot make more content by just forcing us to repeat the content.

Wipes are part of Alpha or Beta testing.  You never said this was Alpha testing.  EA Alone does not mean wipes.  I've been in many EA's that didn't wipe, and all the ones that did said "You are buying access to our Alpha test"

Done.

I know there will be dozens of these threads and I hate people that make their own thread for things, but just this once I will do it.  And I expect there will be a LOT of them.

What rock have you been living under? This was always early release aka alpha.  There should have been MORE wipes as things have been farked and un-farked

6 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

Not really. Server wipe will kill player base.

Are you stupid? The player base is currently dead because there have NOT been wipes.  Current land claims and alliances were built off glitching, cheating, duping, bullshit claim spamming, and off-lining.  The only way to save it IS to wipe it you clown.

12 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

I'm laughing at all of the cry babies complaining about losing all of their hard work. 

🤣🤣🤣

IKR? Peace out to them. Go play  farmville or some shit. 

16 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

🤣🤣🤣

if you manage to get that pvp tropical land you want (pve has had tropical land claims available for weeks, so I assume you aren't pve), then you get to be the crybaby next wipe

1 minute ago, electricspoon said:

Current land claims and alliances were built off glitching, cheating, duping, bullshit claim spamming, and off-lining.

So wipe out the claims. Don't punish the entire player base for the cheaters, and don't "reward" those decent players who have been soldiering on through all the glitches, bugs, etc. by throwing away everything we've built. I was miffed when exploiters sunk our ships, but we rebuilt. I was annoyed when we lost upgraded gear to blueprint-conversion and other glitches, but we made them over again. If we have to restart from scratch after all that, just because the devs say so, I'm done.