[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

38 minutes ago, Fizzenator said:

I

Am I the only person that lost hope in humanity when I heard this dribble? " act appropriately, and in a different way then you used to since that way was flawed." Excuse me, good things were happening to atlas, I have played this game since launch and they have made leaps and bounds. Aside from stone structure mishap this was the nail in the coffin for the best atlas players I've met. It was simple... fix your bugs, not combust a game by forcing PvP'ers and PvE'ers to collide into one server for maximum drama and toxicity lol

Yeah but you said “were” you know nothing matters after you said that word right?

and sure, of course. Besides this and this and this. Also another good indication.

anyways man. Time for the wipes to happen. You are not a player. You are a tester. And by being a tester you should not be allowed to keep anything for more than a month, Mainly since it isn’t yours to begin with, being a tester and all

14 minutes ago, Sperorade said:

Its unfortunate  they choose a wipe, my company and myself included didn't expect this even in EA maybe at game launch, I loved this game and we all have spent hundreds of hours in this game, but after wipe for the most of us it will be a game uninstall at least till full launch. I wish you the best, was fun while it lasted. 

Not sure why you thought they would wipe at launch. Launch is basically already a wipe to begin with. Since it is EA, you probably should have expected a wipe really. It will happen again as well

Edited by Realist

18 minutes ago, Adfax said:

Honestly.. I'd be okay with this wipe IF I knew my character was being preserved. Everything you have ingame aside from your character is impermanent anyway, and thus already lost. Wiping characters is just going to kill this game.  

Never delete characters in MMOs. Never.

It will only get rid of the bad people to be honest 

43 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

Kinda sounds like they are trying to push everyone to pvp

That's what I was thinking too.  They don't want solo players, small two-man teams or even people who prefer PVE playing this game.  No claims, no shops, ships spawning in large groups, have to defeat the kracken to even be able to have a sub...

Ok, gotcha, players like me are simply not welcome in this game.  Message received loud and clear.  

1 hour ago, WhyteOne said:

this will end up being better for ALL players not just the lucky douche canoes that were able to get entire islands

Nothing will change.  In PvP, one flag and you own the entire island.  In PvE, pillar spam over the entire island.

Did they say what the reasons were for wiping? Is it just the claim system?

It seems odd to me that they are going to wipe and then fail to add any new meaningful content. All I see is PVE stuff. No new ships (desperately needed), no new cannon types (also desperately needed) and no new melee weapons or ranged weapons (also desperately needed). 

Nothing of value is being added.

Edited by Bullet Force

The simple reason for a wipe is a easy one, they need the data on what parts of the new code works/doesn't work. They need base data from a freshly launched game, which is what is coming, not a revamp, not a minor change, but major modification in the code. In some cases completely removed code will cause issues since they will be deleted and no real way to determine what did we fuck up and how do we fix it? 

With claims gone most likely banks will be also since there will be no real land area 'owned' , major code change there

lots of old code gone, new code in, and very little testing to see what works, what does not, and with major add/remove of code there is one guarantee something will be broken, how badly broken will have to be seen, and impact will be a unknown  

The number of really extremely vicious and mean things I can do to pubbie idiots in this new system, including on pve, is much higher than the previous system

I'm not really one to constantly do vicious and mean things, but just working out the concepts in my brain for a couple hours I've already discovered lots of possibilities

So that means when the first day ends, and I am level 51 with a full galleon ready to go, I can then spend the remaining every other day torturing the new players. Almost none of the veterans are returning post-wipe, so that leaves me, who knows how to stack 7+ gathering buffs at the same time, versus Joe Newbie who doesn't know what a gathering buff is.

How do you intend to balance resource costs for structure decay when I can outfarm Joe Newbie easily more than 100 to 1? I'm not even exploiting when I do this

Edited by Amy3

You don't?

guess you're joe newbie, then

Edited by Amy3

The wipe will not change anything in PvP. Old megatribes and newly formed and their allies after wipe will control near whole map.

They have enough ppl to farm mats, explore and conquer. Less claims will be not problem - Just they will popcorn everything in 9hr period of time. Its enough time to wipe whole island or less defended grid.

Devs like to say "inspired by EvE" : But look at Eve K-Space influence map https://sov.space . All map covered by big Alliances and bigger coalitions. You can try to fly through, try to live but you will not conquer any space with decent amount of ppl/accounts and proper ships. There is also timer for attack.

There are also J-space called Wormholes; Connected Space of systems with in in one or more k-spaces and out same. There also live Corporations but they are harder to wipe in cost of harder live.

I come here from EvE not ARK (played some at unnoficialls) and started play Atlas at launch with group of 5 friends - We try to live in lawless but constantly get wiped by bigger group. We move out and find unclaimed area in polar J15. We setup some small alliance with ppl who came after us and live  two or three weeks in that state. One friend stopped playing, and another fry gpu so he got 20-30 lower levels. We decided to move out and setup new base somewhere with fiber and sap not with goddamn yetis and rocks.

We land on some grid and setuped base. Bigger group live here but we talked to them and got allowed to build base in their yellow flag zone. After week our group  decreased to 2/3 players. We decide to join up crew who let us build in their zone. We merged more and more, setup quite big alliances and finally joined megatribe.

Many ppl here and @ reddit mentioned that fresh start will give smaller groups claims to live. My answer is not. Always will be a bigger fish and the end you will try to ally bigger tribe or join them. Also "Veterans" who stay know few tricks to lv faster, setup base faster and after first day we will see brigs/galleons over seas.

We will see soon in  march how many ppl back, leave and peak in official servers. Mb there will be not worth to play again due to lack of players

Edited by TheProbo
  • Thanks 1

pve does not need or benefit from a wipe, though even if you backtrack on it now the mere threat of it has already caused my various partners via various trade discords to all quit the game en-masse and they will not be back regardless of whether you wipe or not

wipes also very much do not benefit small groups or solo players, because these are the players most likely to not know the various tricks that exist to capitalize on others' mistakes, and those mistakes can be punished extremely severely even on pve, and will be even easier to do with the planned changes

MDR mais vous me faites bien rigoler , lorsque vous avez acheté le jeu il était écrit quoi en dessous de EARLY ACCESS ???. apprenez à lire avant de pleurer. moi même j'ai plus de 800 heures sur le jeu , il est wipe oui et alors ???? . perso je préfère qu'il préviennent à l'avance comme ils l'on fait que de prendre les gens par surprise .  c'est le 1er wipe  est c'est normal sur un jeu en early access et ça ne sera pas le dernier , afin d'améliorer , d'intégré de nouvelles mécaniques et composantes   dans le but d'optimiser le jeu au mieux .

Like i said , this is an endless cycle , wipe , company with more people still can claim majority of island while those who just buy the game at later days will have no land to live and they will start to complain , again and again .

pve has plenty of land to live, right now at this very moment. I found land the other day that had no flags at all, 10 minutes and I had it, no declaim necessary

pve is already in a situation though where it has more islands than players, and this wipe is only going to make that worse, so this lawless-everywhere idea is totally unnecessary and also allows a shitload of griefing

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

Did they say what the reasons were for wiping? Is it just the claim system?

It seems odd to me that they are going to wipe and then fail to add any new meaningful content. All I see is PVE stuff. No new ships (desperately needed), no new cannon types (also desperately needed) and no new melee weapons or ranged weapons (also desperately needed). 

Nothing of value is being added.

New islands, islands moving, new discoveries, old discoveries changing all of which will not work with the old data(including lvls discovery points). Old will not mesh with the new. 

hey Grapeshot, can you do one more 2x weekend before the servers die

last weekend I was able to solo-farm 125k fiber, 125k wood, 125k thatch, 1200 hide, 3000 metal (everything to build a galleon) in 122 minutes, but if you let me run another 2x test I think I can get it down to 90 minutes instead

tia

3 hours ago, Darkintellect said:

Notice Ark didn't have a wipe. From 2015 until now, my two PvE servers had zero wipes.

No it was worse. The made the Offical network from EA an unsupported Official network. Anyone who wanted to play on the Launch retail Official network had to start all over as if they just did the wipe. As the EA network dies the servers are reallocated and people who still play are given the server save and told here you go play single player.