[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

2 hours ago, Darkintellect said:

It's not, more will leave than join. ENjoy playing with yourself. I'm out too.

Or more will come back now there is more land (2 new islands) per grid.

I'm happy with it but I'm still concerned with spamming foundations, ill see how it goes but a wipe was right move.

Well, I think this is the best decision they could have made.(😢he doesn’t own the game😂) time to wake up.

the wipe is good. The reason for this is that there should be regular wipes(not one) during the EA pahse of a game.

i feel like I need to remind all of the EA enablers that your feelings don’t come into account as far as EA goes. 

More importantly, remember anytime that you might have tried to shut someone down when they complained. After that, imagine all your stuff being gone. Sounds like karma to me, but who knows.

it is always good to be taught a lesson. The reason for this is that you can start to act appropriately, and in a different way then you used to since that way was flawed.

i see good things coming to atlas now. Good changes. 

Time to EMBRACE EA as it should be embraced. They should actually do a wipe every month

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

I knew there was a wipe coming and its not the only 1.

I made a thread about it myself only for others to try shooting me down "there will be no wipe in this MMO"

People bury their heads in the sand, the sooner they realise wipes are coming the better they will feel going forward, no point fighting it.

DannyUK, I hear you.  The changes I've seen on Lawless since starting on Day One are horrendous.  Some of them have nearly all the animal spawns wiped due to structures, if the area is relatively harmless.  I'm on a more lethal lawless server right now, and dying over and over and over again is a given, so the animal spawns are more healthy and intact than the player spawns.

But with the new PvE setup, I see more opportunity for resource griefing with an intent to force opponents off a wholly-owned island and ripen it for takeover.  Doesn't sound like there's any way to prevent it.  I don't see that as enhancing gamer QoL, but YMMV.

EA or not I really don't feel like playing tell at least after the March update now.  I'll probably find some other game to get hooked on by then.  So although I like this game I think for me and many others it's already lost my attention.  

It's like you finally found an elite community of badasses that still played this broken game in hopes that the developers would fix and produce on top of the current game. A wipe wasn't needed to get the results you want. PvP related wipes will always be required due to the fact that someone will dominate the lands and people will seek less stressful game play else where. Combining the two is going to be like a political debate. You have the PvP delete key spamming yelpers and music blaster's that will cause everyone to mute there game due to sanity and shove them into the space of pacifists who only want to hug and kiss everything... WTF!? We were all in for the ride due to early access but wiping and shoving both groups into one another like that and announcing this cancer a month ahead for everyone to go to the doctors in search of tumors.... come on... literally no reason to play this game up till the wipe and whats the purpose of playing after that, wipe will most likely happen again since its not taboo enough. damn I thought RUST was toxic or rage inducing. At least on there we expect a wipe to come not surprise wipe due to players who quit the game and bitched once. Only people who genuinely think this is a great move are one of two things. NEW to the game or QUIT the game already and have been waiting for this to happen. You want your toxic community. Take it I'm out!

13 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I knew there was a wipe coming and its not the only 1.

I made a thread about it myself only for others to try shooting me down "there will be no wipe in this MMO"

People bury their heads in the sand, the sooner they realise wipes are coming the better they will feel going forward, no point fighting it.

I like you man. You have common sense. And there should continue to be wipes.

the one thing I love about the EArs is that they love using EA as a blanket excuse.

this happens to be the time we can shit them down with their own words. Early access. Sometimes people need to be taught a lesson. Just happens sometimes 

Also, in addition to knowing precisely how to be level 51 + have a fully-built galleon by the end of day one, completely solo, I'm going to have a lot more space to do that with since exactly 0 of my current pve friends and trade partners intend to play this game again after the wipe

NA PVE was already down to 300 players sometimes and getting land was super easy because you'd just pick through the bones of the thousands of players that quit, but with a full game wipe and no one returning I can probably just own the whole damn planet, more islands and all

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I

26 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well, I think this is the best decision they could have made.(😢he doesn’t own the game😂) time to wake up.

the wipe is good. The reason for this is that there should be regular wipes(not one) during the EA pahse of a game.

i feel like I need to remind all of the EA enablers that your feelings don’t come into account as far as EA goes. 

More importantly, remember anytime that you might have tried to shut someone down when they complained. After that, imagine all your stuff being gone. Sounds like karma to me, but who knows.

it is always good to be taught a lesson. The reason for this is that you can start to act appropriately, and in a different way then you used to since that way was flawed.

i see good things coming to atlas now. Good changes. 

Time to EMBRACE EA as it should be embraced. They should actually do a wipe every month

Am I the only person that lost hope in humanity when I heard this dribble? " act appropriately, and in a different way then you used to since that way was flawed." Excuse me, good things were happening to atlas, I have played this game since launch and they have made leaps and bounds. Aside from stone structure mishap this was the nail in the coffin for the best atlas players I've met. It was simple... fix your bugs, not combust a game by forcing PvP'ers and PvE'ers to collide into one server for maximum drama and toxicity lol

Edited by Fizzenator
  • Like 1

lol I wont spend 700 hours of playing a new fail version

sorry u aren't serious at all guys

discovery all things achieved all things crafted all things tamed for nada

only kraken rewarded 

u should give  a free game +4 invitations to all griefers and assholes I met on this game too

no limits on build and build everywhere is the best thing to improve server perf and spam pillar foundation

refrain pvp is the best way to have pvp sure

spend so much development to a submarine useless

cant believe it

could I say lol ?

oh btw these forums are useless its just for  " amuser la galerie "

so anyways hf people who continue o7

Well bad news is the wipe, I guess I got my money's worth from this title in 600 hours. Good news, The Division 2 will be out soon and I'll be smart enough to never waste a dime on another title from this company.

For PVP a wipe kinda makes sense. For PVE they ar not doing anything to warrant a wipe. The new system theoretically would sort everything out. But what will end up happening is once again giving the big groups the advantage.

I say this because they will be the ones with the manpower to lvl up the fasted, to gather enough resources to wall off entire islands of their choosing and maintain those structures. Small companies like the one I'm in will suffer the grind more, and the continuation of existing bugs trying to reestablish.

Also, they are doing one other thing that makes it harder on all. From what I see it's about a fifty fifty split on player base wanting a wipe. So while some friends/company mates are ok with it, other will leave, and friends will follow. Because no matter how good a game may be, and this isn't, yet, playing a shit game with Friends still trumps.

And then the added insult of new end game content is a real rub. Thanks for waiting an extra month on the content we hyped up, btw way, you get to wait another month aft r we release it to actually get to enjoy it.

So congrats grapefuck, your PVP buddies are supper stoked I'm sure. But that's who you've always catered to any way. You're just hoping to sell some shit show PVE experience to help pay for your buddies PVP experience. 

Edited by Huck Finnley
  • Like 1

Unless they swear that there won't any any wipe after the March wipe , hardly worth playing this garbage if every wipe happen after few months .

The last tip I'll give you for free, Grapeshot, is that build-anywhere-pve is going to make long-distance big boat travel basically unviable

• Like 1

well they needed this wipe because of there shit coding caused people to dupe so fucking much ,  but i would not call this game a pvp at all , the fucking hit detection in this game is total shit , why even have a Dodge system when you can hit someone within 1 mile away ... plz  fix ur shit

• Like 1

As soon as they made us do the fountain of youth I thought only sadists would wipe. Lol all I'll say

53 minutes ago, Axden1 said:

Because the patch isn't ready. The point is to wipe with the content.

My point is why play if a wipe is coming. They can wipe the servers every night at 0:00. Till the fancy new code is ready

9 minutes ago, TwistedEndz said:

well they needed this wipe because of there shit coding caused people to dupe so fucking much ,  but i would not call this game a pvp at all , the fucking hit detection in this game is total shit , why even have a Dodge system when you can hit someone within 1 mile away ... plz  fix ur shit

Most of us in PVE could give a shit less about duped items. As long as we are not being griefed or wall out what other players do don't bother is much. Especially if we have a spot to live on

Honestly.. I'd be okay with this wipe IF I knew my character was being preserved. Everything you have ingame aside from your character is impermanent anyway, and thus already lost. Wiping characters is just going to kill this game.  

Never delete characters in MMOs. Never.

Edited by Adfax

17 minutes ago, kampfer91 said:

Unless they swear that there won't any any wipe after the March wipe , hardly worth playing this garbage if every wipe happen after few months .

There will be, this isn't the only wipe I'd put money on that.

I don't understand how people thought there wouldn't be to be honest.

Its unfortunate  they choose a wipe, my company and myself included didn't expect this even in EA maybe at game launch, I loved this game and we all have spent hundreds of hours in this game, but after wipe for the most of us it will be a game uninstall at least till full launch. I wish you the best, was fun while it lasted. 

If you came into this game not expecting a wipe... lol.

if you came into this game and continued to play with players leaving daily and still don't want a wipe... lol.

If you came into this game and liked the current claim system.... lol.

You are the problem, and I am glad that you will be back playing post wipe and not using the forums under your current name... lol.