[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

I for one am grateful for the wipe! 

Sure, it sucks!! But it’s needed. 

The underlying game mechanics meant there was no other way to alter them without a wipe. 

The current mechanics simply couldn’t accommodate both PVP and PVE communities. Do something for one, you hurt the other.

Now they can separate them. 

The game was already dying with no way to sort it. The wipe is their last ditch attempt to save it. It may work, it may not! But persevering with the previous system and its limitations was a guaranteed death sentence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TerrorTrooper said:

The underlying game mechanics meant there was no other way to alter them without a wipe. 

The current mechanics simply couldn’t accommodate both PVP and PVE communities. Do something for one, you hurt the other.

The game was already dying with no way to sort it. The wipe is their last ditch attempt to save it. It may work, it may not! But persevering with the previous system and its limitations was a guaranteed death sentence. 

i agree

5 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

I feel for ya, all those who are about to lose your stuffs. But look, most players have already left, my self included. The system just wasn't working. But now, they seem to have put forward some really good ideas that will revolutionise the game for the better. But, might i say, PVP will become pretty slow at that point, having to declare war and all that jazz. May I suggest adding fight pits to freeport and the ability to fight for gold and glory on a leaderboards without the risk of losing items. That will account for the loss of the turmoil of constant and random war. Gold and glory baby!

I like a lot of the changes. But not starting the grind from zero. That's just too much. Even if we just kept are level and skill points it would not be so bad. Starting from zero is too much of a bitter pill.

What's the point to keep playing this game, for 1 month more, if all the stuff you found, get and build will be wiped in 1 month?

Dev's you're going to make a huge mistake. But, it's ok for me, it's time to take a break from ATLAS and play another game, so thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I disagree.  I know many people who bought the game, could not get in in the beginning, all thr claimable land was gone. Sometimes entire islands owned by 1 douche canoe and they left.  Tonight I have heard from many of those people and they are ready to go back in and give it another entry because the devs are going to wipe all of it away and now EVERYONE gets a fair chance at getting on better land.  PVP is a joke anyway.  It's all a bunch of couch nerds circle jerking each other anyway.  I told my group from the first day we started playing "before the end of March or April this shit will get wiped away and we will have to restart anyway.  If anyone who has ever played ARK or knows anything about WildCard thought for one second that this was not going to happen I got a bridge to sell you..cheap.  this will end up being better for ALL players not just the lucky douche canoes that were able to get entire islands.  Suck it up!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

Wiping 700 hours of progress and then putting all the new content behind the Kraken?  Seriously?  I'm gone. Totally, without question.  You cannot make more content by just forcing us to repeat the content.

Wipes are part of Alpha or Beta testing.  You never said this was Alpha testing.  EA Alone does not mean wipes.  I've been in many EA's that didn't wipe, and all the ones that did said "You are buying access to our Alpha test"

Done.

I know there will be dozens of these threads and I hate people that make their own thread for things, but just this once I will do it.  And I expect there will be a LOT of them.

Yep. I’ll be making my own thread as well. 

The minute I see any of the people that use EA for an excuse for all the bugs by then complain about a wipe in EA? 

Yeah I’ll be ALL over them

12 minutes ago, Iaxa DeVaux said:

I like a lot of the changes. But not starting the grind from zero. That's just too much. Even if we just kept are level and skill points it would not be so bad. Starting from zero is too much of a bitter pill.

I agree. I can put up with having to start with zero resources, bases, tames, ships and land. Rather not, but it comes with the EA territory. But losing my character, leveling, discoverypoints etc. is too much. That's a showstopper for me.

Edited by Roadster
  • Like 1

wipe all you want, I know how to be max leveled with a fully-built galleon by the end of day one with no exploits, completely solo, and most players don't

every time you wipe the game I'll just win more, because the secrets and tricks I've learned from 1200 hours in this game EXTEND the lead I have over the average player, not flatten it

I am not the only person who can do this, so each time you wipe the game you're just crushing your playerbase that much more and also not really resetting anything at all

Edited by Amy3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenom said:

surely we won't even get a clarification if there might or might not be future wipes...i am bummed right now 😞

Oh i can say about its a 100% that there will be future wipes. The only time I think the game will stop wiping is when the game is finally released. That means the developers are happy with how the world currently is and it doesn't need anymore changes lol

23 minutes ago, TerrorTrooper said:

Best way to put it

• Like 1

I like the game and have put plenty of time in, and sure I will play after the wipe I guess.

But playing until that happens is just stupid. This is not an I'm "mad" thread and whether you are or not I personally don't care.

I don't see how you possibly could have done this in a more self-destructive manner...

All I can think about is going through another round of rubberbanding and connection issues in Freeports.

Going to help the negative reviews a lot.

5 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

So, why not wipe it this Friday? Why wait?

Because the patch isn't ready. The point is to wipe with the content.

Well i was already on lawless, I'd be lying if i said I wasn't happy.

I'm glad the flags are gone, nothing but trouble and misery. If people want to fight and scrap over flags they will have to move to PVP which is where it should be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

I like the game and have put plenty of time in, and sure I will play after the wipe I guess.

But playing until that happens is just stupid. This is not an I'm "mad" thread and whether you are or not I personally don't care.

I don't see how you possibly could have done this in a more self-destructive manner...

They needed to tell us a day before the wipe. Rip it off like a bandaid. We would cry and then the next day would start over.

Just now, Axden1 said:

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention, although I haven't read every post, is that the upcoming patch includes hundreds of new islands. The said 1 to 2 new islands per grid. The way Atlas works, changing a map usually requires a wipe. Private servers have had wipes too for this same reason. 

• Like 1

Just now, Axden1 said:

They needed to tell us a day before the wipe. Rip it off like a bandaid. We would cry and then the next day would start over.

Yes, I agree. I would have fun going kamikaze for a bit with my ships, etc. but now there is nothing to do. There is absolutely no objective.

All this wipe-whining is rubbish in my opinion. There are foundational changes coming, which make a wipe neccessary. Every adult should be able to grasp that. The current state of the game - within this EA phase - has too many dead ends. I want this game, which I allready liked to play for about 500 hours, to get much, much better. So, wipe as often as needed, please!

Edited by Ben de Witt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Axden1 said:

I expected them to not give more than two weeks notice, but ya, this is a lot of time that I expect the official servers will be nearly dead.

I'm waiting to read the announcement to see if the changes will require wipes of any private servers.

25 minutes ago, WhyteOne said:

I disagree.  I know many people who bought the game, could not get in in the beginning, all thr claimable land was gone. Sometimes entire islands owned by 1 douche canoe and they left.  Tonight I have heard from many of those people and they are ready to go back in and give it another entry because the devs are going to wipe all of it away and now EVERYONE gets a fair chance at getting on better land.  PVP is a joke anyway.  It's all a bunch of couch nerds circle jerking each other anyway.  I told my group from the first day we started playing "before the end of March or April this shit will get wiped away and we will have to restart anyway.  If anyone who has ever played ARK or knows anything about WildCard thought for one second that this was not going to happen I got a bridge to sell you..cheap.  this will end up being better for ALL players not just the lucky douche canoes that were able to get entire islands.  Suck it up!!!

What is the different ? Fair chance , what a joke .

Only for those who already have the game at the time of update , and then new people buy the game will have the same problem when the game was launched , no place to live , all claimed , a new cycle will begin .

2 minutes ago, wildbill said:

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention, although I haven't read every post, is that the upcoming patch includes hundreds of new islands. The said 1 to 2 new islands per grid. The way Atlas works, changing a map usually requires a wipe. Private servers have had wipes too for this same reason. 

Does wiping the grid mean they cannot save character data? I think not.

9 minutes ago, Axden1 said:

When the patch is ready, they should give a couple days notice.  Target for a Firday Midnight restart.  The thursday night before have big world end event.  Golden Age mobs, ghost ships and mean whales spawning everywhere, even freeports.    An hour before the shutdown, turn off player respawns and destroy all beds and see who last until the end of the world.  So only choice will be a freeport.

Edited by José Gaspar