[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

24 minutes ago, reapo said:

Why do people not understand Early Access and treat EA games like they are released games. You are buying a game that is in pretty much the in its late Alpha stage, early beta stage of a game. In every MMO, the game wipes several times for testing new things and changes. Like did you gets not believe that there would be a single wipe during Atlas' EA status? Are you fuckin kiddin me? I've been talking about the wipe to my guys before the game even released.

BS! You don't sell Alpha games. And real EA games are complete and ready for retail release. Real EA is the first mass server tests only weeks prior to full retail release.

All that grinding for nothing!

4 minutes ago, Najamal said:

Why invest any more time in this game, nobody knows how many wipes there will be after that wipe.

I know it Is EA and all that but...

Why assume there's going to be more wipes when no indication of such has been given?  This sort of mentality is defeatist, at best.  It only hurts you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iaxa DeVaux said:

BS! You don't sell Alpha games. And real EA games are complete and ready for retail release. Real EA is the first mass server tests only weeks prior to full retail release.

What do you think Founders packs are and kickstarters are? You are buying to play an alpha test game. Early Access is just a streamlined formula. If this was 2003, I would and you said you don't sell Alpha games, I would completely agree. But selling "alpha games" has been a thing for what, 7-8 years now?

It just goes by different names. Pay $30 on kickstarter to get a digital copy and beta test access.

Pay $30 for an Founders Pack and get access to alpha AND beta included with a digital copy upon the games release.

and any EA Game that has released.

Wipe and then what ? The same thing will happen again , big company , those who fast to update will get in first and claim most of island .

41 minutes ago, Agent M Smith said:

I'll be quitting before or on wipe day.. so stupid to invest so much time and lose everything, you don't reset MMOs...

MMOs get reset all the time in the alpha and beta stages of the game. Early Access games = Alpha/Beta stages of game. If they weren't they'd be released games. This isn't a released game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darkintellect said:

Notice Ark didn't have a wipe. From 2015 until now, my two PvE servers had zero wipes.

ARK did have a wipe, though.

5 minutes ago, Iaxa DeVaux said:

Thank you for showing everyone that you don't know anything about Alpha and Early Access.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

WRONG! it will bring in new players and new money, they already have your money so they don't care if you leave

If you honestly think they'll see any large numbers from this point on, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you. No one will want to play knowing what they worked on will be erased. It's already garnering no real numbers if you look at new purchases from Steam. Any gains will be small as they push to get a console release out at the same time they're at 30% of growth in same period as Ark. They know this.

Just now, CazzT said:

ARK did have a wipe, though.

Thank you for showing everyone that you don't know anything about Alpha and Early Access.

PvP had a wipe, not PvE. I had my city remain since I started building it in 2015 until a bit after the 2nd expansion. It was only lost with the server merging due to falling numbers and too many servers.

Just now, Darkintellect said:

If you honestly think they'll see any large numbers from this point on, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you. No one will want to play knowing what they worked on will be erased. It's already garnering no real numbers if you look at new purchases from Steam. Any gains will be small as they push to get a console release out at the same time they're at 30% of growth in same period as Ark. They know this.

People who played the beta for any MMORPG (WoW for example, because thats the only example that works) know that everything you work for in the beta testing knows it going to get wiped, but they still play anyways. What is the different here? Atlas isn't a finished game, its pretty much a beta test. How are you not expecting your shit to get wiped multiple times. BTW it will be wiped multiple times. So go ahead and get a document written up so you can copy and paste how bullshit the devs are.

1 minute ago, reapo said:

What do you think Founders packs are and kickstarters are? You are buying to play an alpha test game. Early Access is just a streamlined formula. If this was 2003, I would and you said you don't sell Alpha games, I would completely agree. But selling "alpha games" has been a thing for what, 7-8 years now?

It just goes by different names. Pay $30 on kickstarter to get a digital copy and beta test access.

Pay $30 for an Founders Pack and get access to alpha AND beta included with a digital copy upon the games release.

Maybe you're young. I was beta testing games 20 years ago. People have new ways of defining everything these days.

1 minute ago, reapo said:

People who played the beta for any MMORPG (WoW for example, because thats the only example that works) know that everything you work for in the beta testing knows it going to get wiped, but they still play anyways. What is the different here? Atlas isn't a finished game, its pretty much a beta test. How are you not expecting your shit to get wiped multiple times. BTW it will be wiped multiple times. So go ahead and get a document written up so you can copy and paste how bullshit the devs are.

Again, Ark did not experience this on PvE servers at least. Not all games have wipes and Atlas is not an MMORPG which is the reference you're using. This is an online survival using a shared server space. Think of it like Ark which you were able to move between servers using the spires. Ark is the reference here, not an MMORPG.

Please note that these servers won’t be considered ‘stable’, and therefore could be wiped at any given moment. We’ll likely set them up as multiple smaller clusters, and have tweaked rates on them to account for the fact that it won’t be as large of a network, have as many players, and playtime being minimized. 

I appreciate this wipe for the PvE. Thx alot devs 🙂

• Like 1

Can't say I see the point of a wipe when you make bad decisions like the stone nerf, tame nerf, and basically are addicted to sucking streamer dick.

Yer just gonna make more shitty decisions.

Tame nerf was a streamer dick suck decision - burkeblack whined that his army of terribads couldn't kill 10 SOVs, some of which were on high level tames.  Skill being greater than zerg at that time.  Hence, tame nerf.

Stone nerf was a streamer dick suck decision too.  Gotta make stone easy to blow up so streamers with their terribad armies can raid people when they have 10 people online at 3 am and make the game look fun.  

Edited by Nox

9 minutes ago, reapo said:

Founder's Packs and Kickstarters are both clearly labeled as such, and tell you that you are going to be part of an Alpha Test, or a Beta Test, and include the wipe schedule and all of the information is clearly laid out ahead of time.

Also, generally the Founder's pack for a game to get into the Alpha is way more expensive than the game's final price, not the other way around.  

I've never purchased access to a game and then suddenly found out that they're actually in Alpha.  They have always said "You are buying access to an Alpha."  

EA is not automatically Alpha

1 minute ago, Iaxa DeVaux said:

Maybe you're young. I was beta testing games 20 years ago. People have new ways of defining everything these days.

Didn't even need to be 20 years ago, I think most people were able to beta test at least one WoW expansion if they wanted to before Steam Early Access was even a thing. People played the shit outta the WoW Beta and knew very well that all the progress was gonna be gone upon launch day.

Atlas isn't a finished game, so that mean it can be considered in Beta or Alpha stages of development. Since it is very playable, I'd put it in early beta stages. Wipes are going to happen. I am shocked that people didn't think a wipe would be coming, like wtf dreamland are you guys on lol

CBA to read the rest of the moaning I know is gonna come from the mega tribes over this but just wanna say I loved the ideas coming out of the live stream and am looking forward to getting on the beta server to help test things out.

GG Grapeshot - thx for listening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darkintellect said:

Again, Ark did not experience this on PvE servers at least. Not all games have wipes and Atlas is not an MMORPG which is the reference you're using. This is an online survival using a shared server space. Think of it like Ark which you were able to move between servers using the spires. Ark is the reference here, not an MMORPG.

I am comparing it to MMORPGs because people keep saying that MMOs don't wipe. In all honesty, I completely agree with you. I compare atlas to every other clone of the survival genre. But I don't play on PvE servers. If I had to guess the reason that PvE servers are wiping too is that something in the code of the current system would force the wipe anyways. I mean these are pretty big changes to how building will work on PvE since there are no claims in PvE when the changes are made. So the way that your buildings interact with surrounding buildings will probably change.

Just now, FruitBatCat said:

CBA to read the rest of the moaning I know is gonna come from the mega tribes over this but just wanna say I loved the ideas coming out of the live stream and am looking forward to getting on the beta server to help test things out.

GG Grapeshot - thx for listening.

From the peeps that I've talked to out of the major alliances, they are pretty excited about the wipe lol.

Just now, reapo said:

From the peeps that I've talked to out of the major alliances, they are pretty excited about the wipe lol.

I'm surprised but very good to hear!

5 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Founder's Packs and Kickstarters are both clearly labeled as such, and tell you that you are going to be part of an Alpha Test, or a Beta Test, and include the wipe schedule and all of the information is clearly laid out ahead of time.

Also, generally the Founder's pack for a game to get into the Alpha is way more expensive than the game's final price, not the other way around.  

I've never purchased access to a game and then suddenly found out that they're actually in Alpha.  They have always said "You are buying access to an Alpha."  

EA is not automatically Alpha

EA is not automatically alpha, but EA is definitely not a released game obviously. People are treating Atlas as a released game and not as a game that is still in its development cycle, which it still is.

When I'm using Alpha and Beta to describe atlas, I use that because thats what I know. This is the disclaimer you get when buying EA games.

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

• Like 1

Although it's hard to give up my invested base, ships and tames after grinding hard as a solo on PVE, it was expected. 

But tbh I somehow didn't expect them to also wipe character progress (leveling, powerstones, beating the kraken etc), especially on PVE. 

That's a bit too much for me and I'll probably give this game a rest for now.  Maybe try it again in the future to see how it developed. It was fun while it lasted!

Edited by Roadster
  • Like 2

/Shakes head left and right

Gotta love this place.  People upset because there is going to be a wipe of an early access game.  Guess what ...... it may get wiped again in a few months after this wipe.  Again 18 months from now.  It is how this works and despite all the long faces, this is a good thing.  If stuff is not working as you had anticipated ... try something else.  They clearly said the old claim system and the new claim system were inherently incompatible.  Sooooo spend six months trying to make it compatible or wipe the slate clean and start fresh.  I would rather they spend the six months on other stuff than dickin' around with what was clearly not working.

• Like 2

wiping in a time consuming game like altas is just a no go. EA excuse or not... not even partially wiped...all of it, not even keeping characters where you did all the discoveries and fountain stuff is just lazy. i mean i really, really love the  game and was here to stay thru all the glitches and bugs and reworks and not so fun content till it gets sorted but i won't start over all the time...do you guys really expect that all just regrind all after this patch? surely we won't even get a clarification if there might or might not be future wipes...i am bummed right now 😞

I feel for ya, all those who are about to lose your stuffs. But look, most players have already left, my self included. The system just wasn't working. But now, they seem to have put forward some really good ideas that will revolutionise the game for the better. But, might i say, PVP will become pretty slow at that point, having to declare war and all that jazz. May I suggest adding fight pits to freeport and the ability to fight for gold and glory on a leaderboards without the risk of losing items. That will account for the loss of the turmoil of constant and random war. Gold and glory baby!

• Like 2

Instead of a hat cosmetic for my trials and tribulations of the last 600 hours of gameplay. Here are some other options of course they are not as easy as flipping the reset button but maybe you keep whatever loyal customers you have and when the patch does hit we see an incline in players.

No reason to wipe anything. Implement your new system and if people don't log in to build you auto repair structures your new system will clean the server for you. I would recommend leaving claim flags in pve to limit structure grieving but put a hard cap on the amount of claim flags an individual can place. I have been playing since the beginning of this buggy mess but I have gotten a lot of enjoyable hours out of it and thank you for that. Now that you have announced a full wipe me and my company are done. We may log in to check out was is new but with no warning before you released it into early access via a WIPE schedule. I don't see any reason to invest anymore time in a game that makes drastic changes. I can guarantee before this game is officially released it will be wiped many more times. Good luck to all who keep playing, will definitely keep an eye on updates to see if anything changes but for now its good bye.

• Like 1

Just now, Roadster said:

Although it's hard to give up my invested base, ships and tames after grinding hard as a solo on PVE, it was expected. 

But tbh I somehow didn't expect them to also wipe character progress (leveling, powerstones beating the kraken etc), especially on PVE. 

That's a bit too much for me and I'll probably give this game a rest for now.  Maybe try it again in the future to see how it developed. It was fun while it lasted!

I'm actually curious about how the PvE content will change. I don't think it'll change much this patch, but in the future, the path to getting to each powerstone could change drastically and in a unique way for each powerstone. So everything regarding power stones I believe will change in the future of the game as currently its kind of bland atm.