[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

I haven't really seen a lot of topics about the claim changes, but with that being said, the WIPE has to happen. These changes are fucking huge. And wiping the maps is for the best so that the Dev team can monitor everything and balance.

I'm looking forward to it honestly. For the first cycle of wipe, I'm surprised it lasted this long with the major issues the first two months had.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

I'm not going to do anything ambitious either.  I'm just going to do crazy stuff and fun stuff...and crazy fun stuff.  There's still a good bit of this game I haven't explored yet.  I think I'll do that and go into the clean server with better ideas.

1-2 Days is plenty for that.  In a few days youre going to be done doing that and then you wont care about doing anything else.

You don't wipe MMOs that's the number one rule, so much time has been invested just to be deleted, let's see you praise the wipe when there is 2000 players left.

Just now, Olthoi said:

1-2 Days is plenty for that.  In a few days youre going to be done doing that and then you wont care about doing anything else.

Nah.  I'm slow 🙂  I can find plenty of trouble to get into in 2 or even 3 weeks.  Hell, I haven't even used a glider suit yet.

What about claims?  What are they going to do with them?

Just now, Agent M Smith said:

You don't wipe MMOs that's the number one rule, so much time has been invested just to be deleted, let's see you praise the wipe when there is 2000 players left.

The whole point of an MMO is progression, and to feel like you have accomplished something.  ALL MMO Tests that I have ever been in stated the wipe dates in advance.  They were pre-defined.  You knew when they were coming, and you never charged the customer and didn't tell them they were in an Alpha.

Early access is not Alpha.  There have been plenty of EA titles that didn't wipe progess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reapo said:

I haven't really seen a lot of topics about the claim changes, but with that being said, the WIPE has to happen. These changes are fucking huge. And wiping the maps is for the best so that the Dev team can monitor everything and balance.

I'm looking forward to it honestly. For the first cycle of wipe, I'm surprised it lasted this long with the major issues the first two months had.

Server wipe is never an option, It will kill the player base for sure,

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

When an MMO is still in its development cycle, they get wiped all the time wtf are you talking about? THIS ISNT A RELEASED GAME YOU REALIZE THIS YES?! You are basically playing an ALPHA test MMO

• Like 4

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR BLOODY MINDS????? are you not paying attention to your community? who do you have thinking these ideas up? wiping the map and taking land claims away from pve server and leaving every island pretty much lawless.  have you not seen what people do in lawless? pillars or foundations every 20 feet. Have you got no interest in seeing your game succeed? you are tipping half your community into the dumpster once again.  you folks have a game that has TONS of potential and you and you are losing your minds and driving customers away with the poor decision making. quit smoking your pot before creative meetings you are killing your game

• Like 6

Just now, Agent M Smith said:

I'll be quitting before or on wipe day.. so stupid to invest so much time and lose everything, you don't reset MMOs...

Why wait when you know everything you're doing will get wiped, if you care that much about it?  What's the point?

Cross-posting, but:  Why play after the wipe?  If they are doing them unscheduled, you have no knowledge of if or when they will happen again.

I have never been in any Test that did not pre-schedule the wipes.  It's just not done.

Why do people not understand Early Access and treat EA games like they are released games. You are buying a game that is in pretty much the in its late Alpha stage, early beta stage of a game. In every MMO, the game wipes several times for testing new things and changes. Like did you gets not believe that there would be a single wipe during Atlas' EA status? Are you fuckin kiddin me? I've been talking about the wipe to my guys before the game even released.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Agent M Smith said:

I'll be quitting before or on wipe day.. so stupid to invest so much time and lose everything, you don't reset MMOs...

You do reset them if they are EA, basically alpha.  I expected one, but not this soon. I am pretty sure that on the steam purchase page they even mention a 2 year dev. plan that will include server resets.  I only hope the best for the new claim system, or lack thereof.   

Idk, I'll probably take a bit of a break or do silly stuff until whipe happens. I'm pretty neural about the idea, but I'm in a small company.
That said: LET ME KEEP MY LEVELS AND POWERSTONES!

Edited by prodesu

1 minute ago, lordkhan4444 said:

WRONG! it will bring in new players and new money, they already have your money so they don't care if you leave

There is like a ton of new cool mmo style games coming out soon.  I doubt they will get all these new players when everyone is mad Exodus.  Hey join this new mmo everyone is quitting.  I think I'll be trying it New World from Amazon.  Looks like fun

I had a blast playing the game for my almost 600 hours! It's been a lot of fun, And I personally don't see myself coming back to play after the wipe until the game has cooked a bit for a couple years. But I do think the game needed the wipe. However their new system wont fix anything and within 48 hours of this patch people will be saying WIPE! I still have no land lol. 

I've more then got my monies worth for the game! And I can't wait to buy Ark's next game coming out soon, Outlaws of the old west, It's on Steam if anyone else is interested. 

2 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

There is like a ton of new cool mmo style games coming out soon.  I doubt they will get all these new players when everyone is mad Exodus.  Hey join this new mmo everyone is quitting.  I think I'll be trying it New World from Amazon.  Looks like fun

There's no mass exodus occurring nor will there be.  Lots of new games were coming out when ARK did a server wipe and there was no mass exodus of players then despite the same Chicken Little panic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

yes, and the most important thing is that they tell you you're in an alpha, AND they tell you when the wipes are coming.  It's a novel concept called what every other Alpha title does.  They tell you the wipe schedule ahead of time and tell you you're in an alpha.

EA is not automatically alpha.

• Like 1

Why invest any more time in this game, nobody knows how many wipes there will be after that wipe.

I know it Is EA and all that but...

And the Claim change is a Huge Loss for PVE. Basically being in Lawless anywhere means we can't have safe resources zones and big greafing company will just pay the auto repair to spam islands with tatch foundations.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, reapo said:

When an MMO is still in its development cycle, they get wiped all the time wtf are you talking about? THIS ISNT A RELEASED GAME YOU REALIZE THIS YES?! You are basically playing an ALPHA test MMO

Notice Ark didn't have a wipe. From 2015 until now, my two PvE servers had zero wipes.

• Thanks 1