[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

WIPE CONFIRMED - Live Stream

Wiping 700 hours of progress and then putting all the new content behind the Kraken?  Seriously?  I'm gone. Totally, without question.  You cannot make more content by just forcing us to repeat the content.

Wipes are part of Alpha or Beta testing.  You never said this was Alpha testing.  EA Alone does not mean wipes.  I've been in many EA's that didn't wipe, and all the ones that did said "You are buying access to our Alpha test"

Done.

I know there will be dozens of these threads and I hate people that make their own thread for things, but just this once I will do it.  And I expect there will be a LOT of them.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Thanks for posting that.  I can't watch the livestream.    Hoping you'll post the other highlights in this thread too.

So it's a server wipe and not a claim wipe?

1 minute ago, strawman said:

Wipe is the best decision they've made so far. Cya

It's not, more will leave than join. ENjoy playing with yourself. I'm out too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, strawman said:

Wipe is the best decision they've made so far. Cya

Not really. Server wipe will kill player base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seriously, so many invested hours into this game putting up with all the glitches and crap and finally getting somewhere in the game and you want to wipe the game??? Do you know how many MMOs wipe games??? None that are thriving today, you can't just reset a mmo... I'm quitting on wipe..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Agent M Smith said:

Seriously, so many invested hours into this game putting up with all the glitches and crap and finally getting somewhere in the game and you want to wipe the game??? Do you know how many MMOs wipe games??? None that are thriving today, you can't just reset a mmo... I'm quitting on wipe..

Same here. i play this game since release. It was a lot of work.........very sad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Thanks for posting that.  I can't watch the livestream.    Hoping you'll post the other highlights in this thread too.

So it's a server wipe and not a claim wipe?

It's an entire wipe, everything including characters are going to be wiped, nothing will exist.

Game was already dying fast, now it´s just dead. 9300 Peaks dropping a few 100 per day, march would already be brutal due to new games But now we talk sub 5000 peaks very soon.

• Like 1

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's an entire wipe, everything including characters are going to be wiped, nothing will exist.

Apparently, they didn't think people were upset enough losing stuff to bugs and exploits?  They want us to lose stuff to more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Announcing a wipe this early is a mistaake.  24-48 Hours notice is best, 2-3 weeks is bad.  Bascially from here out im not going to do anything ambitious.  How many people will just leave?

Edited by Olthoi

6 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Game was already dying fast, now it´s just dead. 9300 Peaks dropping a few 100 per day, march would already be brutal due to new games But now we talk sub 5000 peaks very soon.

Why would anybody play knowing they will lose their progress? The game is already tuned that you need hundreds of hours to accomplish anything.

Worse than that, the main thing is that there is now no guarantee they won't do it again. why bother even trying if they're likely going to do it in another two or three months?  games with regular wipes scale the progress accordingly.  If we got 10 discoveries per discovery, and were able to tame creatures in 5 seconds, then it would make sense.  But they're telling us to do it all again at more or less the live progression rates

Edited by Archsenex
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Olthoi said:

Announcing a wipe this early is a mistaake.  24-48 Hours notice is best, 2-3 weeks is bad.  Bascially from here out im not going to do anything amittious.  How many people will just leave?

I'm not going to do anything ambitious either.  I'm just going to do crazy stuff and fun stuff...and crazy fun stuff.  There's still a good bit of this game I haven't explored yet.  I think I'll do that and go into the clean server with better ideas.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1