Sign in to follow this  
Long John Screw Off

Lack of Content

While I understand the game is EA. The game is also mind-numbingly boring. Since launch, no content depth has been added to the game at all. The only thing the game offers over Ark is Shipping. That's it. You build, tame, eat, drink, and that's basically it. Exploration is boring as all the islands are copy-pasted and tiny. Discovery system nothing more than a tactic to gate content and prevent players from reacting max level at their own pace, not to mention a joke. The world bosses are honestly a joke as well and basically give you nothing. 

On top of all this, the game goes out of its way to PUNISH you for sailing. SOD, Storms, whales, etc. The game feels and is boring, tedious, and grindy. And don't get me started on the GD RNG! RNG for ALL Blueprints in the game is complete BS!

The needs more content as soon as possible. The making your own journey BS has gotten old. Regardless the game is basically dead in the water.

Edited by Long John Screw Off
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Long John Screw Off said:

Exploration is boring as all the islands are copy-pasted and tiny.

You clearly didn't do any real exploring yet. There are a lot of very nice islands. 

2 minutes ago, Long John Screw Off said:

Discovery system nothing more than a tactic to gate content and prevent players from reacting max level at their own pace, not to mention a joke.

I agree with this, let people level on their on phase, and the discovery as an option, so you can do it when you want, and not cause you must do it.

4 minutes ago, Long John Screw Off said:

The needs more content as soon as possible. The making your own journey BS has gotten old.

Agree, too bad they delayed the content that should have been coming out now, to mid/end march ( if it doesn't get delayed again ). Livestream on twitch in a few hours about it

• Thanks 1

Just now, Long John Screw Off said:

@Abysian Ya I have not seen them all. I've visited about 280 different islands atm. Sadly 2 out of 5 are just copy pasted.

Some do look a lot like another one. But it's still EA so they might not have done everything yet. But overall there are some nice structures to be found, villages that are in the game etc

They need to get the fires under control.  There's actually not THAT many left.  There are some.  However, based on history with Ark, once they mange to get to "churn out content" it should be a pretty satisfying amount.  They just gotta get the last few massive issues done, or all that content will just become "another thing on that broken game"

22 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

They need to get the fires under control.  There's actually not THAT many left.  There are some.  However, based on history with Ark, once they mange to get to "churn out content" it should be a pretty satisfying amount.  They just gotta get the last few massive issues done, or all that content will just become "another thing on that broken game"

looks like they're too busy "churning out" another survival game. "outlaws of the old west"... seriously. Im so fucking pissed with what they're doing and not doing i just can't anymore.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 2

Hopefully they will get a monthly content release cycle like they did with Ark for so very long. Each month always gave players something to come back to and tame or build for a couple weeks. It wasn't major content drops all the time but great updates none the less.

I too wish sailing wasn't so punishing or such a hassle. I'd do far more of it if it was easier / safer in most areas. In my opinion sailing long distances, something you should be pushed into doing for supplies, trade, or exploring, should be what is the hard part, IE: Time sink. Not raise anchor in your port, move 20 meters, Storm - Cyclones, Have to anchor, Go far more mats for 30 minutes and try again, Only to leave one grid and instantly pounded by SOTD before you even load in. LOL 

It's far more hassle to sail then what it's worth for me. Easier to just dump rafts or sloops with beds all over and port, Then only use a ship when I need to bring stuff back, And that's not what I want to do. It's just what's easiest. 

Edited by Naviss