Sign in to follow this  
=MGC=Ranger

Generous and courteous players

Just a note to thank all the great players I have met throughout my travels. I have met people who have just literally given me the shirt off their back. One person gave me a set of pigs, another blueprints, and one person, gave me blueprints and a BEAR!!! Everyone I have met throughout my travels has just been the nicest people. 

Thanks to all of you who are gracious with your fellow players! To the gentleman who gave me the bear, that was a very selfless gift. Thank you. That beautiful bear lasted all of one day before a alpha cobra broke through my fence, then climbed a 2 high wall and glitched through my wall and killed all of my animals while I was out working. Players may be great, but man is this game glitchy and unfair sometimes.

So if you help out your fellow man, this shout out is to you. Thanks for making this game bearable (pun intended haha)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

The game is so much better when it's like that, helping each other out is the best way to get enjoyment out of the game.

I've saw someone lure a ghost ship into our area and took out 1 of his ships, killed the ghost ship but nothing I could do for his ship other than pick all materials up and give them to him when he came online again.

A ship sailing past got caught in the tornado's at sea and sank right outside my place, rather than steal all the stuff which I could have done I opted to put down some boxes and put everything in it and give the person the random key code to get it all back.

I guess people like that are just generally nice in real life also, it makes me feel better when I do nice things for people, I can't change who I am but I know there are people who will troll even if you do a good deed. I do find it hard to trust people in game though, you never know who will turn you over, especially in a pirate game but that's how it goes sometimes I guess.

It costs nothing to be nice, if only everyone in game was eh? Wishful thinking. I'm currently taking a break away from the game now though, I'm losing the fun element, it's getting abit repetitive for me and lack of content. I will see how it progresses over the months and hopefully be back.

Have fun!

• Like 1

This is PvE, helping other players is fun.    Server population unfortunately is down, so finding others to join up is more and more difficult.

Recently I have become aware of players out there doing what they can to help fellow captains.  To name a few instances, wanted to tame an elephant, and some guy in chat, came to me, and handed me 4 stacks of wheat.

Landed in a zone after following a treasure map..  After agroing the herd of undead, got attacked by a cobra, and tiger.  A passer by, stopped to help with his bear whilst collecting fibers, helped me collect the treasure, then came with me to the next 2 (also on the island), refused to take any gold as payment, but I did insist i gave some unique materials to our far off island base...  made a bff there.

The last one was when my schooner got tangled up in twisters, and a couple of SotD...  got a couple of planks wrecked, limped hard to the first island I came to, made an emergency anchor to farm some mats for repairs... this guy on an elephant turns up... gives me a set of replacement planks..

Just as you start to get a rage quit on, people just turn it around sometimes and you think, wow, that was unexpected.  It throws you a bone and revitalises the enthusiasm.   

Now, we do the same.  It's contagious, someone helped me out, I will sure as anything do the same for someone else, and if they do it to.... it's worth it!

We've started having a "free stuff" closet that we throw our spare metal tools and seeds into... and anything else that we're just going to hoard for no reason.

I was really worried about this game the first few days of EA in pve.   Seemed like everybody in the game and on the forums was really juvenile and toxic.  The people who talk about player numbers dropping off make me laugh because I don't see any of those people around anymore.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  I would have been embarrassed to recruit any friends or family to play this, but now, depending on today's livestream, I can if I want.  Hopefully we will get new players and they'll be good ones.

I've had so many people helping me with stuff and being social in a good way, it's ridiculous.  (Thanks especially to Daemon, Boomervoncannon, Jean, and Lin)

About a third of players I've run into in pve are friendly, cool, and try to help you

About two thirds are just here to play and keep to themselves, so no big deal.  Many of them have really inconvenient buildings I have to pick over but they don't ACTIVELY try to hurt my play.  Plus maps are totally random so I won't fault somebody for building in a nice spot if the system put a map there.

The tiny fraction of players left behind by saying "about" in the two previous fractions are the toxic land grabbers, but they diminish every day.  Even the foundation spam is dwindling to people mostly claiming about the distance of a couple claims on most lawless servers.  Of the five lawless servers we have bases in, only one has aggressive "my land hands off" claimers.

Everybody else seems to passively share, if not actively work together.  Many islands have clearly put "courtesy protection" on resources, such as fence posts around metal nodes

I actually spend a lot of my time in lawless to help others.  I have met some great people, and some terrible "get away from me" types.  I have given away countless tames, and given taming tips to anyone who needs it.  We play PVE to experience the game.  

Unfortunately some who probably failed on the PVP server are now on PVE with the "me against everyone" attitudes.  Combo that with the tryhard groups needing 1000+ claims to compete for the worst ranking system for a pve format and this is what we have.

47 minutes ago, FX Sergio said:

I actually spend a lot of my time in lawless to help others.  I have met some great people, and some terrible "get away from me" types.  I have given away countless tames, and given taming tips to anyone who needs it.  We play PVE to experience the game.  

Unfortunately some who probably failed on the PVP server are now on PVE with the "me against everyone" attitudes.  Combo that with the tryhard groups needing 1000+ claims to compete for the worst ranking system for a pve format and this is what we have.

I've given away my wheat harvest to people trying to find wheat on my island twice now (there is none, so we have to grow it). I wouldn't even have the wheat if someone else didn't give it to me.
I agree that it would be nice if the ranking system were in relation to how many in your group have: A) Discovered all the islands B) Killed a certain number of whales/hydras/cyclops/etc C) Attained the powerstones D) Defeated the Kraken E) Defeated ghost ships F) Traded supplies (futuristic).
I feel that this type of ranking system would be more beneficial for the game, and allow more people to find land that may want to join, but were frustrated with the lack of land by claim-hoggers who want the current rank. In PvP, the land claim could be another way to rank a company, but not in PvE.