Sign in to follow this  
Shepard_Fury

Company name must be binding!

Hello Everyone,

We have a general issue in the game that must be addressed. This is regarding Corp name change and that it is to easy to just change the company name.
People are using other company names to troll allies and corps are doing shady raids and then changing there name and flag.

This is one of the few time where i would like to suggest a cool down for something. In this case a company's name should be binding or if changed it should be easy to see what privies names the corp had. There should also be a way to see if a corp has merged in to another corp, this would stop people form cheating the system!

In this game reputation and name recognition plays a big role, even more so then it did in ark and yes this was also a problem in ark. However, because of the scale of Atlas it is way more difficult to find out who is who.

PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!

Best reguards
John Shepard
GoA - EU

• Like 2

They did add a cool down for the tribe name change, i just don't remember how long the CD was o.0
I remember something about two weeks, but I'm not inertly sure if that is correct tho..
Google is giving me different info on it 😢

I know that they did something to fix this, so Atlas should be able to do the same 🙂
However more then a CD is need in my opinion!
🙂

Edited by Shepard_Fury

Also, tribe name changing is used by some cheaters (yeah of course I'm talking about Chem B) to crash servers

43 minutes ago, Shepard_Fury said:

They did add a cool down for the tribe name change, i just don't remember how long the CD was o.0
I remember something about two weeks, but I'm not inertly sure if that is correct tho..
Google is giving me different info on it 😢

I know that they did something to fix this, so Atlas should be able to do the same 🙂
However more then a CD is need in my opinion!
🙂

You just have to restart

Changing of company name is fine they just need to have better logs to show the players name that is actually breaking the walls beds etc. 

• Like 1

A cooldown on changing company name would prevent a lot of problems.

A check to prevent duplicate company names (if it doesn't already exist) would also be a great help.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CazzT said:

A cooldown on changing company name would prevent a lot of problems.

A check to prevent duplicate company names (if it doesn't already exist) would also be a great help.

I believe there is a cool down already. And if there is a name duplicate it will have a number at the end of the company that is coping the original. Company logs need to record more tho so it actually shows the players name that is destroying your stuff. 

• Like 2

Just have a way to see Company change name history, And see who has joined what company when, IE the form account is Tied to ingame we can see SOandSO was in 5 companys all in the time span of these dates then got kicked... then he is a trash player and we know to watch him make sure he isnt a insider or troll.... not realy a hard database concept

it's a pirate game... pirates have been using different flags to not reveal themself and provoke wars...

just do your research and noone can trick you by changing their name

• Like 1

You can't fix it unless you make some serious changes to merging. Currently you could put a cool down on name changes but all you need to do is have 1 person leave company, make a new company and then merge the old company into it. 

They would need to delay mergers or something to have any control over it. 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:31 AM, Arykos said:

it's not possible to merge flags anymore after wipe.

It depends on what pvp mode you are playing. I think it was Colonies or Empire mode?

But yeah, there would have to be some work done on the merge system. This might not be as easy to fix as i thought.

Thanks guys for wanting to talk about it 🙂 I feel like this is impotent to get straitened out in the game.
There are some good suggestions on this post.

It would be awesome to get this fixed.

Edited by Shepard_Fury

Pirates used false flags in real life to gain the upper hand. It makes sense that players also have this option. I quite like the ability to adjust one's name, it opens up a wide array of tactical options to deal with your enemies.

In any case putting a time limit on name changing won't solve this. There are methods around that.

Edited by Bullet Force

On 2/27/2019 at 8:59 PM, labatts said:

Changing of company name is fine they just need to have better logs to show the players name that is actually breaking the walls beds etc. 

I am actually against that change.

While I am not big on offlines, I can appreciate a ninja raid if successful.

Adds an extra play style, and it is viable if the perps are not detected by guarding member: high risk but high reward.

3 hours ago, gnihar said:

I am actually against that change.

While I am not big on offlines, I can appreciate a ninja raid if successful.

Adds an extra play style, and it is viable if the perps are not detected by guarding member: high risk but high reward.

If they allow company name change you could still hide. 

Preventing players from renaming their company will only really affect those that are legit companies with static bases to begin with. If you have a small guerilla force and all you have is some throw away ships, its of no concern. Leave company, make new one and then you have a new name. Very easy.

Pretty simple to fix, make a company history on the player that can be seen on a web end or in-game.

Disable company renaming and now you have a history that characters can't remove exploit or avoid.

7 hours ago, Deadbeat91 said:

Pretty simple to fix, make a company history on the player that can be seen on a web end or in-game.

Disable company renaming and now you have a history that characters can't remove exploit or avoid.

like a public record for their history attached to their account for if recruited. i like that. insiders would be exposed.
as far as being stuck in a company for a long period of time, idk about that

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

On 2/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, Guizmo08 said:

Also, tribe name changing is used by some cheaters (yeah of course I'm talking about Chem B) to crash servers

Your right i saw it on Twitch, Mega tribe went to raid take over an island and the smaller groups used DDOS attacks. Sad it happened every 10 seconds to deplete stat boosts/food. Kill tames, move into a key spot, and try to win by DDOS attacking, or clearly dupe more gear, items. Oh sure it still is happening.

I may me hated for saying this, but we had a small pirate company fir a while where we would pvp a lot. We also changed names a lot to avoid people finding our small base. But a few times we did pit big companys against each other by attacking under other's names. It was hilarious to us to see one group of ships sail to attack another company because of us. And to be honest this is quite in line with pirate behaviour.  I think maybe a 12 hour cool down at max is good, also if a player is killed or kills it shows their name in the log, so is easy to ask the company about the player. . . If you kill them   that was always the challenge for us, to keep it stealthy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daveroe said:

I may me hated for saying this, but we had a small pirate company fir a while where we would pvp a lot. We also changed names a lot to avoid people finding our small base. But a few times we did pit big companys against each other by attacking under other's names. It was hilarious to us to see one group of ships sail to attack another company because of us. And to be honest this is quite in line with pirate behaviour.  I think maybe a 12 hour cool down at max is good, also if a player is killed or kills it shows their name in the log, so is easy to ask the company about the player. . . If you kill them   that was always the challenge for us, to keep it stealthy

Another way to exploit the system, but funny non the less.

• Like 1

Company Name changes do have a cooldown. Its somewhere between 12 and 24 hours I believe. I was stuck with "No its my company" for a day after my friend who stopped playing gave me admin of the company.