Sign in to follow this  
rasemaier

PVE ships from inactive players

Actually it's absolutely impossible to sink a ship in pve. They don't decay and there's no timer or else until they sink. 

46 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Actually it's absolutely impossible to sink a ship in pve. They don't decay and there's no timer or else until they sink. 

Are you new or are u assiming they properly fixed the PVE ship weight sinking bug? Cuz for all I know it's not 100% fixed and still doable to sink ships in PVE with weight.

16 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Are you new or are u assiming they properly fixed the PVE ship weight sinking bug? Cuz for all I know it's not 100% fixed and still doable to sink ships in PVE with weight.

How?

3 minutes ago, rasemaier said:

How?

I never tried but if u manage to get hold of a ladder it might still get overencumbered, if u get higher than the boat itself and are able to toss items on the deck of the ship en masse u will be able to overencumber it and make it sink, this is not something I encourage you to do but if it's really bugging you and you are very very sure those boats are from people long gone then be my guest and find out how to trash someones boat on PVE, it's not like devs are banning people or it.

1 hour ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

I never tried but if u manage to get hold of a ladder it might still get overencumbered, if u get higher than the boat itself and are able to toss items on the deck of the ship en masse u will be able to overencumber it and make it sink, this is not something I encourage you to do but if it's really bugging you and you are very very sure those boats are from people long gone then be my guest and find out how to trash someones boat on PVE, it's not like devs are banning people or it.

u cant grab ladders anymore

Not advocating anyone try this, but..... I wonder if you can WAY overload yourself, die with 20k weight, then pick up the body and jump off a cliff with a glider suit. Then glide over your target ship, drop the overloaded body on the deck as you pass by.

Dive bomb ships like a plane to sink them........ Except that would be a terrible thing to do to abandoned ships that take up space, so please don't do it. 

1 hour ago, Hattrix said:

Not advocating anyone try this, but..... I wonder if you can WAY overload yourself, die with 20k weight, then pick up the body and jump off a cliff with a glider suit. Then glide over your target ship, drop the overloaded body on the deck as you pass by.

Dive bomb ships like a plane to sink them........ Except that would be a terrible thing to do to abandoned ships that take up space, so please don't do it. 

Body will be floating and not technically touching the ship.

Not entirely sure how but someone has been sinking our ships overnight on PVE we suspect they either jumped on or put tames on to exceed the crew limit.

That's our working theory. 1 brig and one schooner sank 2 nights in a row.

Planks were full before going to bet all crew fed well and paid.

We had pulled them up next to a structure which may have given them deck access inadvertantly. Such a dumb mechanic.

10 hours ago, UncleMike said:

Crew / weight limit should'nt affect while anchored. Simple fix

The solution to all the issues is so simple, yet Grapeshot tries the rocket science approach with failure.

10 hours ago, UncleMike said:

Not entirely sure how but someone has been sinking our ships overnight on PVE we suspect they either jumped on or put tames on to exceed the crew limit.

That's our working theory. 1 brig and one schooner sank 2 nights in a row.

Planks were full before going to bet all crew fed well and paid.

We had pulled them up next to a structure which may have given them deck access inadvertantly. Such a dumb mechanic.

Floating still counts as a crew. Same when you see seagulls floating on the ship or a lion and still using a crew slot.

They left a boat at my base and it is not possible to remove it. The developers urgently need to create some way to re-dispatch boats from inactive players, this is very bad on the PVE server.

2 hours ago, Shintai said:

Floating still counts as a crew. Same when you see seagulls floating on the ship or a lion and still using a crew slot.

So can I just throw 20 chickens on the ship?

They should just make a ship claimable after 21 days if it is outside of your claim.

It used to be claimable when you could stand on the boat... then with their "fix" which no longer allowed you to step foot on someones boat broke this system.  You needed to stand on the ship and place a claim flag.. again no longer works...

26 minutes ago, Aifias said:

It used to be claimable when you could stand on the boat... then with their "fix" which no longer allowed you to step foot on someones boat broke this system.  You needed to stand on the ship and place a claim flag.. again no longer works...

They destroyed a lot of features and content by trying to fix the griefing with rocket science, instead of just with a very simple no brainer fix.

• Like 1