Jay8454

Tax Question for other PvE-ers

If you owned land in the center of an island that nobody else took and all the ocean front land was taken, would you tax high or low? 

One more thing, if your only ocean front ship yard was miles away on another no valued point that nobody wanted and not even connected to your inland property as explained again taxes low or high?

If high or low, why?

Thanks for the feed back if any?

Depends on the size of island, if its a big island, no one will reach your claim to farm, unless your claim has metal nodes.

Incase of smaller islands you can tax your land higher.

You can check what other people on that island have set taxes, if most of them are 30% taxed you can set it lower so people will farm there.

• Like 1

Here is the real deal 🙂

If someone is on an island next to yours and uses yours to farm, they will avoid your claim if it is 30%.

If someone is sailing by and in grave need of repairs, they will not pay attention to your tax rate.

If someone lives in your region and is doing maps, they may drop any on your island, if your tax is 30%.

If someone lives far away and comes for maps, they will bitch and moan about the tax, if it is 30%. They will drop any other map they get for your region after that.

I hope that helps you understand how taxes work.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

Just set it at 10% for everything, this is what I tell all PvE players. In the end no one will care what your tax rate is but I make a personal note of all companies with 25% and over and ban them from server events I run. 

• Like 1

Yup, 10% seems to be the respectable and acceptable norm. Our whole isle and all the companies on it are set to 10. Every claim I see at 30% usually has a nasty message left for the land owner lol...

• Like 1

2% i have mine set at and my bank has over 100k of all mats at any one time 

seems to be working for me and my neighbors used to have it higer but i would never use what it was producing 

Edited by uli
  • Like 1

I have 10% taxes, but looking to lower it to 5.5%     Every one else on island is 30%, which I can stand, and as result I farm on other islands.    For 30% I will got to lawless island and farm.  Unfortunately our island is one of few with rubies and I don't have any on my land,  however,  I get fiber by the thousand.  One 10 minute harvest on double weekend will about 100K fiber.   As result I also get lots of that, mint and berries in my bank.

• Like 1

I pay no attention to the tax rates where I map and farm, i personally have 15%, but if i map whether it be far or near, I'll do it at any rate. The tax system doesnt bother me in the least, I'm still seeing 5,000 gold from some maps even in 30% rate.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:56 PM, Jay8454 said:

If you owned land in the center of an island that nobody else took and all the ocean front land was taken, would you tax high or low? 

One more thing, if your only ocean front ship yard was miles away on another no valued point that nobody wanted and not even connected to your inland property as explained again taxes low or high?

If high or low, why?

Thanks for the feed back if any?

Thank you for your participation , all very relative to the query. 

One last thing to note and hopefully get more feed back on this subject. 

I noted that the everyone else had ocean front property and very desirable for obvious reasons and the person in the middle inconvenienced by the split in land and less desirable other than for mining. As a basic economic  formula of supply and demand verses status which party would be acceptable to tax more that should benefit more? Morally or common sense?

Edited by Jay8454

2 hours ago, Jay8454 said:

Thank you for your participation , all very relative to the query. 

One last thing to note and hopefully get more feed back on this subject. 

I noted that the everyone else had ocean front property and very desirable for obvious reasons and the person in the middle inconvenienced by the split in land and less desirable other than for mining. As a basic economic  formula of supply and demand verses status which party would be acceptable to tax more that should benefit more? Morally or common sense?

If it is in the same grid, I'd set a low-ish tax rate, 10% or under, to encourage people to farm on the piece of land, with my bank and builds being set up at my beach front property. More efficient to have people near it farming the spot and me getting 10%, than setting a high rate and having to go farm and transport it all myself.

Additional considerations as to how productive it is are how active neighbors are, whether or not they've fully built everything they need, whether or not there are any rare resources there, and resource density. If you only have 2 or 3 neighbors, who are completely established, with plenty of their own land, with all the same resources, and theres only a handful of people in the grid at any time, your tax rate won't ever really matter. Doesn't matter if its 2% or 30%, there's nobody to farm it, and people coming to that area to farm something they don't have usually stick close to shore for convenience.

• Thanks 1