Bolognapwny

WTF...You really think thats the answer?

50 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Delete fast travel option, give people one bed they have to set as "spawnpoint" and no other beds to travel to by killing themselves and spawning elsewhere. If you want to have another bed to spawn on you'll need to travel to that place by boat or foot or goat or w.e. and use the bed menu to set this bed as your new spawnpoint. People who are real pirates will have their bed on a boat, if the boat sinks, they'll be able to set a new spawnpoint, same goes for landbased beds that might get destroyed in a PVP battle, people get the option to spawn on a different bed which will be their new and set spawnpoint from that point on. This should be coded in a way that it will not work in case you or a company/alliance member demolishes or even destroys the bed by damaging it until it hits 0. In that case when people to try to beat the system they'll be able to choose at which Freeport they want to spawn next. Is it fully safe to not be exploited? Probably not, I can see big companies having smaller companies on the side who have access to these beds through pin coded doors who can be asked to login and just do that, might just as wel be an alt account. But it would still be better than being able to teleport all over the map while we're supposed to be sailing as a form of transportation. Either that or start adding gems and crystals to the bed materials so it at least feels like we're building a magical teleportation device than an empty frame without a matrass 😄

Just to make things clear people can still build multiple beds and place them all over the map if they like, but the idea is they have to travel to that bed physically before they can interact with it to make it their new spawnpoint.

Like Conan. Works good there

Edited by awakatanka

There is some major REEEEEEEE in this thread.  

My point is that Gold cost more than likely is their answer, and I am telling them don't waste our time or theirs.... Gold cost will do nothing but enforce the zerg mentality.  I am so tired of arguing common sense... You want to make a more worthwhile interaction and game experience limit the size of desired forces on claim's and ships... you will see people break out... from that point you can work on the alliance side cap.... its seriously common sense............................................................

10 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

There is some major REEEEEEEE in this thread.  

My point is that Gold cost more than likely is their answer, and I am telling them don't waste our time or theirs.... Gold cost will do nothing but enforce the zerg mentality.  I am so tired of arguing common sense... You want to make a more worthwhile interaction and game experience limit the size of desired forces on claim's and ships... you will see people break out... from that point you can work on the alliance side cap.... its seriously common sense............................................................

You seem childlike   

7 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

You seem childlike   

very productive response... is this the attention you are needing today?

4 minutes ago, Olthoi said:

Did I miss something?  Upkeep is paid in gold?

Thats more than likely what they are going to announce tomorrow during their live stream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Thats more than likely what they are going to announce tomorrow during their live stream.

I already stress over gold.  I mean, I get gold when I need it and I have a little surplus atm, but my needs are very low right now.  The parts of the game I enjoy the most aren't the parts that pay gold.  I am not against it in theory, I just hope they have some balance in mind for the people that aren't interested in farming gold all day.

I think what everyone should take into account is the fact that making everyone happy is a juggling act for the devs.. I'm guessing it's going to be alot of trial and error on the claims. Just because group A is unhappy with it doesn't mean group B is and vice versa.. My guess is that is why they are doing the test servers for major updates to their systems.. But I suggest a little more patience on this considering the game is still only a couple months old and in ea still.. So yes things are broken still and people are still unhappy but then there are those who are happy as is.. The devs will get it done sooner or later to where just about everyone should be ok with the system. But in reality you can't make everyone happy so there will always be someone crying about something.. I like to be more laid back if possible. Not to say I haven't had my own moments of frustration and anger with the game or the devs.. But in the end I at least understand that they are walking a fine line here trying to make as many people happy with their game so I try not to hate too much.. 😄 Positive reinforcement  is always better than negative and will taken better by the devs. Like I have said in the past I sure wouldn't want to run out and jump into conversations where just about everyone is calling me a potato tard or some shit.. Just saying.. lol I think they're doing fine the game is progressing the way it should be and that should be comforting enough for most. Though I will say the wipe scares me because building out of stone is hell still and a wipe to undo everything I did in millercona bay would be devastating to me since I've got no help at all.. lol Also I want more points per lvl being solo means I still miss out on alot of unlocks that I still need or want.. 😞

Edited by madmartigan

Anybody who makes forceful and rude design suggestions without even taking into account the massively different gameplay on pvp vs. pve should just be immediately ignored.  If you really knew anything about game design, you'd be able to comment on them both.  Even if you'd rather not comment on the one you don't play, you could at least include information about which server your suggestion is for and why it's needed there.

lf you want bonus points, start out by describing what problem you're trying to fix, what your solution is, and what the expected results should be.  Then people can discuss it.

Like this:

The problem is that the claim system isn't working right, and on pve servers, too many first runners grabbed up too many claims, now new people, especially small companies and solos can't find one.

Solution - have a gold cost for claims

Result - profit??

(Edited to add a snark tag for the example, as it's drawn from the underpants gnomes, meaning gold cost has no relation to the problem and would actually make it worse)

Edited by Winter Thorne
underpants gnomes

24 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Still trying to figure out why people think the claim system change is just for PvE.🤷‍♂️

It is? I haven't read that anywhere, but plan to listen to the broadcast tomorrow.

Ahoy Pathfinders!

:anchor: HULL-UP ON THE HORIZON :anchor:

Upcoming ‘Mega’ patch and Current Focus

First of all, we’ll be revamping the Land Claim/Ownership System. We recognize that for a lot of players, land is incredibly difficult to get, and in some cases impossible, unless you’re in a lawless zone or playing with a large group. This is something we’re planning on addressing by introducing some new mechanisms related to land claiming, such as upkeep, as well as some possible limitations which we’ll be able to cover precisely in the next Captain’s Log, as we’re still hashing out the details.

From last Captains log. It seems to be talking about all claims not just PvE. 

14 hours ago, DilBert said:

Ahoy Pathfinders!

:anchor: HULL-UP ON THE HORIZON :anchor:

Upcoming ‘Mega’ patch and Current Focus

First of all, we’ll be revamping the Land Claim/Ownership System. We recognize that for a lot of players, land is incredibly difficult to get, and in some cases impossible, unless you’re in a lawless zone or playing with a large group. This is something we’re planning on addressing by introducing some new mechanisms related to land claiming, such as upkeep, as well as some possible limitations which we’ll be able to cover precisely in the next Captain’s Log, as we’re still hashing out the details.

From last Captains log. It seems to be talking about all claims not just PvE. 

Upkeep is only good for PVE, and I have no idea why they are doing Game designed revolved around a Server that literally doesn't matter... PVE should be left to private servers...... wtf is this company doing.

18 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

lf you want bonus points, start out by describing what problem you're trying to fix, what your solution is, and what the expected results should be.  Then people can discuss it.

Like this:

The problem is that the claim system isn't working right, and on pve servers, too many first runners grabbed up too many claims, now new people, especially small companies and solos can't find one.

Solution - have a gold cost for claims

Result - profit??

Except that is a lie that keeps being passed around from people that could not find a claim two weeks ago.

There is plenty of land available on PVE servers. You can even look on the forums to see people posting coords of claims coming up. There are discussions on reddit from people who are finding claims every day.

People keep complaining about claims on PvE and make it sounds like it is broke. It is not. It just took a few weeks for the initial claims (from the last change) to pop up. Jat and them have serious problems and issues to look at. This is not one of them anymore. Quit repeating what you hear.

8 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Except that is a lie that keeps being passed around from people that could not find a claim two weeks ago.

There is plenty of land available on PVE servers. You can even look on the forums to see people posting coords of claims coming up. There are discussions on reddit from people who are finding claims every day.

People keep complaining about claims on PvE and make it sounds like it is broke. It is not. It just took a few weeks for the initial claims (from the last change) to pop up. Jat and them have serious problems and issues to look at. This is not one of them anymore. Quit repeating what you hear.

Disclaimer:  I'm talking about pve here.

Sure, there's not as much trouble as there used to be in finding them.  But there's still trouble. I've read maybe 5 or 6 posts from people who have found claims on the forums, but I've read at least that number of people saying claims were becoming available near them, and they were going to grab them up, and then make some land available.  You can't blame people for doing that.  Nobody wants bad neighbors.  But that's what's happening now.  Claims are becoming freed up and are being grabbed by the people who are already there.  Those people have an advantage in being nearby, and they know where the good land is and where the good resources are.  Some of them are also using this to "trade up", and sure, they'll leave a bit of land for someone else, but it'll be small and resource-poor and likely covered in snake spawn.  That's understandable as well, but not encouraging for new players.  And many of these players are holding over 20 claims per person.  They don't need to.

People need to understand that what they personally experience is not the same as what other people experience, whether that's claims, or SOTD or animal glitches, or client crashes.  They need to stop coming in here and saying, "You're not seeing that because I'm not seeing that."

So I don't agree that the new 21 day limit fixed the entire problem, but if it makes you happy, change the problem description to this:

If the game is popular, there will not be enough land for everyone to have unlimited amounts of claims on pve, and this will be a particular problem for solos and small groups.

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

People need to understand that what they personally experience is not the same as what other people experience, whether that's claims, or SOTD or animal glitches, or client crashes.  They need to stop coming in here and saying, "You're not seeing that because I'm not seeing that."

Ok, cold hard truth here... They are not seeing it because they are lazy and not looking. Ouch! Sorry, but that is the truth. Bob on the forums keeps saying there is no land, so why should I waste time and go look? All I have to do is head out and stop on islands and run with a flag out...

5 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

So I don't agree that the new 21 day limit fixed the entire problem, but if it makes you happy, change the problem description to this:

If the game is popular, there will not be enough land for everyone to have unlimited amounts of claims on pve, and this will be a particular problem for solos and small groups.

The new timer fixed the problem, it just took a while for it to play out. The new problem is that everyone keeps bitching like nothing changed. People could not find a claim two weeks ago, so they just keep bitching.. and bitching.. and not looking. They could have done like I did and made notes of the land I wanted and just kept watching the timer go down. The day before the claims expired, I parked a fully loaded schooner in the claim radius. Food, fur, wood for fire... I sat on the back of her and had a claim flag ready. When the timer hit 0, I placed my flag and then shift-tab to steam overlay and brought up youtube. I sat in a chair, with room buff on my ship for 4 hours. $$$ got some good booty and some more land.

So I was watching claims, taking notes and had ships loaded with supplies. Guess what? I doubled our land area this week. That my friend is why I laugh and cringe at the same time, whenever someone cries about no land on PvE. I laugh because they are lazy, so I get the claim. I cringe because I know their knowledge comes from forum posts, so they just don't know.

So yes, that patch did fix PvE. The fact that my two man crew went from 40 claims to 120 this past week proves it. Keep being lazy and being a parrot. Just repeat what you hear. I am not talking about OP. I am talking about all of the people complaining about claims on PvE. If you are living in lawless without a claim right now, it is your own decision. If a two man casual company that has not even done a boss fight yet can add almost 100 claims in this past week, anyone can.

8 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Ok, cold hard truth here... They are not seeing it because they are lazy and not looking. Ouch! Sorry, but that is the truth. Bob on the forums keeps saying there is no land, so why should I waste time and go look? All I have to do is head out and stop on islands and run with a flag out...

The new timer fixed the problem, it just took a while for it to play out. The new problem is that everyone keeps bitching like nothing changed. People could not find a claim two weeks ago, so they just keep bitching.. and bitching.. and not looking. They could have done like I did and made notes of the land I wanted and just kept watching the timer go down. The day before the claims expired, I parked a fully loaded schooner in the claim radius. Food, fur, wood for fire... I sat on the back of her and had a claim flag ready. When the timer hit 0, I placed my flag and then shift-tab to steam overlay and brought up youtube. I sat in a chair, with room buff on my ship for 4 hours. $$$ got some good booty and some more land.

So I was watching claims, taking notes and had ships loaded with supplies. Guess what? I doubled our land area this week. That my friend is why I laugh and cringe at the same time, whenever someone cries about no land on PvE. I laugh because they are lazy, so I get the claim. I cringe because I know their knowledge comes from forum posts, so they just don't know.

So yes, that patch did fix PvE. The fact that my two man crew went from 40 claims to 120 this past week proves it. Keep being lazy and being a parrot. Just repeat what you hear. I am not talking about OP. I am talking about all of the people complaining about claims on PvE. If you are living in lawless without a claim right now, it is your own decision. If a two man casual company that has not even done a boss fight yet can add almost 100 claims in this past week, anyone can.

Yes. Threads with ‘can’t find land’ in them are pure trolling. Lazy people that try to make some point. 

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes. Threads with ‘can’t find land’ in them are pure trolling. Lazy people that try to make some point. 

Just echoing my agreement. I run around with my flag out on islands, not with an interest in claiming because I'm a small company, but because I'm curious about peoples claim timers. So many of them have become claimable or are falling off in the next few hours to few days. Just make a note of a place you like and when it's supposed to be claimable and show back up. It's what I did for my claim.

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Everyone knows you are a troll, so your words have no meaning here.

The fact that you left out the "Is anyone still looking" and the "Land available on xx/yy" or the replies in the "can't find land" that say where land is... the fact you left those out speaks volumes for your content.

Just now, Axden1 said:

Just echoing my agreement. I run around with my flag out on islands, not with an interest in claiming because I'm a small company, but because I'm curious about peoples claim timers. So many of them have become claimable or are falling off in the next few hours to few days. Just make a note of a place you like and when it's supposed to be claimable and show back up. It's what I did for my claim.

He was trolling. Trying to say there are tons of posts with people who cannot find land. Any that pop up always get replies from people saying where land is or offering land. The trolls like to leave those parts out.

2 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Everyone knows you are a troll, so your words have no meaning here.

The fact that you left out the "Is anyone still looking" and the "Land available on xx/yy" or the replies in the "can't find land" that say where land is... the fact you left those out speaks volumes for your content.

I have no idea what you’re talking about in the second paragraph. Some random thing you copied from somewhere, I don’t know. As far as I know and as far as I should believe my PvE friends (Since I play pvp), there is lots of land available on the Pve servers, like other people confirm in this very thread.

Next time when you try to make a statement, don’t make a post so random you just think you say something when in fact its all just blablabla. I hope you’ll do better than that. 

Edited by Percieval

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Next time when you try to make a statement, don’t make a post so random you just think you say something when in fact its all just blablabla. I hope you’ll do better than that. 

No, just going by what I see from you. If your first statement was not meant to be trolling, my apologies. You stated that all of the posts from people who cannot find land are just trolls. That in itself sounded very trolly.... and going by some of your previous trolling attempts, I just assumed it was.

So again, if I was incorrect in my assumptions, my sincere apologies.

Edited by Bryan

Just now, Bryan said:

No, just going by what I see from you. If your first statement was not meant to be trolling, my apologies. You stated that all of the posts from people who cannot find land are just trolls. That in itself sounded very trolly.... and going by some of your previous trolling attempts, I just assumed it was.

So again, if I was incorrect in my assumptions my apologies.

I only troll trollers. Maybe I shouldn’t call people telling us they can’t find land trolls, but couldn’t think of another word. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I only troll trollers. Maybe I shouldn’t call people telling us they can’t find land trolls, but couldn’t think of another word. 

I call them lazy.

But to be honest, not all of them are. A bunch are just hit constantly from the haters in lawless. I am sure you are aware of how toxic some of those places are. So if that is how you are introduced to the game and you spend all your time around people saying there is no land.... one must just give up hope I guess.

*EDIT*

I actually like to always holler in general when I go through them to let them know there is land, if they look. I have seen multiple people show up in regions from some, that heard me say there was. Spread the word... 🙂

Edited by Bryan

35 minutes ago, Bryan said:

So yes, that patch did fix PvE. The fact that my two man crew went from 40 claims to 120 this past week proves it. Keep being lazy and being a parrot. 

No wonder you don't understand the problem.  You ARE the problem.  A 2 man crew doesn't need 120 claims.

How many claims on the pve servers do you think right now today are unclaimed?  10 days after the first 21 day timers go off, getting rid of all the deadwood, how many claims do you think will be unclaimed on the pve servers?  How about 15 days after, or 20?

Under the current system, there will never be any unclaimed land on the pve servers.  Ever.  But your 2 man crew will have 400 claims.

You call people lazy.  How intellectually lazy and challenged do you have to be to imagine what a new player, entering the game in May is going to find when they set out on a great adventure in search of land?

Don't be ridiculous.