Sign in to follow this  
bSelect

Contested Claims

Is this broken?  A large claim just expired and there are about 4 companies trying to claim it.  We made sure that all our claims yellow/teal circles do not overlap.  We all moved around, tried different places, nothing worked.  I have now been sitting near my flag for over an hour, no movement on the timer, no indication of anything.  And the timer on the contesting flags are all negative 30min or so.  Are we all just crazy? Is there part of the mechanic everyone on my server is missing?  Are those negative timers going toward something? what?

Edited by bSelect

9 hours ago, bSelect said:

Is this broken?  A large claim just expired and there are about 4 companies trying to claim it.  We made sure that all our claims yellow/teal circles do not overlap.  We all moved around, tried different places, nothing worked.  I have now been sitting near my flag for over an hour, no movement on the timer, no indication of anything.  And the timer on the contesting flags are all negative 30min or so.  Are we all just crazy? Is there part of the mechanic everyone on my server is missing?  Are those negative timers going toward something? what?

There could be crew on one of the ships. Crew do contest claims.

NPCs is the contesting defence. Then you need to wait till they run out of food and gold.

I did contest 1, no buildings our ship nearby only me and my npc. Expired and running in negative.. you see 2 numbers 1 at flag that is negative and 1 when you place with upkeep. It is just one big mess the claim system and is worse then the 4 days from before. Do they actually test things before they put it live?  

I really doubt if the new claim system will work, if that also is a mess I will quit and go spend my time and money in other games.

Welcome to the world of Atlas time wasting. That's why I've never gone for flags, you could be sitting there all day, I have no desire for that myself, better things to do and all that :classic_laugh:

Npcs should not contest claims....hold an existing sure....but not contest. If u cant be there when it becomes claimable then tough

To me it seemed like there was another timer in play.  Because at some point it just started working.  The old flags started declaiming and it all worked out (other than having to stay up until 2am).  Whatever the issue is, this mechanic is hard to understand and not a very fun part of the game.  Anyway, got my land!

• Like 1

You gotta look at the flag of the land you're trying to claim. If you look at it, it'll show that its declaiming their flag and the time it'll take. I took a piece of land tonight and it took 2 1/2 hrs to declaim their flag and 10 mins for me to claim it.

if there are other flags in the area overlapping  they also need to declaim

could have been that you were in fact declaiming other flags u were not aware of before it started on the one you could see 

doesn’t just declaim one flag declaims all affected flags in any overlaps

Edited by uli