BigBombz

Fix the animals hitting through the walls and ceilings!

Logged in today to find out that another alpha lion had killed my bear that was inside the pen thats rised from the ground standing on pillars. This was third time in short period. This and other bugs that cause tames just randomly dissappear is getting really old. If there is not going to be fixes on these things soon I'm going to join the ever growing population of players that has left this game.

Never seen anything aggro unless it seen it through a hole or whatever or unless you already aggrod it and ran in side.

Animals fall through. I built one the walls are 3 high made of floors, then the rest regular walls as high as I like, and in weeks we havent had anything killed.

I even even aggro alpha crock and ran inside and stood against the wall and he didnt hit me.

2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Never seen anything aggro unless it seen it through a hole or whatever or unless you already aggrod it and ran in side.

and ?

and when i aggro it for whatever reason it can hit through walls or ceilings two floors high ?

sorry, but that doesn't make any effing sense

Yes, animals do fall trough the ceilings, and they just go spooof and dissappear to the thin air too. But this time my bear was on the ceiling and inside the closed pen. I found his saddle on the floor of the pen and my company log said that he was killed by alpha lion. And no matter how or why those wild animals get their aggro, it's just stupid that they can bite you or your animals through solid wood ceilings and walls. This needs to be fixed.

Ok, sorry for the bad news, but it will never be fixed. Still happens in Ark to this day.

Do NOT have any animal within 2 foundations of a wall. Bad animals can "see" your animals through the wall (yes, you read that right) up to a couple of foundations away.

My base I have a foundation with a wall (outside wall), open ground a couple tiles and then a foundation with a wall (base wall). The reason? I have around 9,000 hours in Ark and have learned the hard way, multiple times.

A waist of valuable land. But probably the only solution. But solving bug our getting more content the last one will always win....... 

this can´t be fixed. their hitbox/collision box is in their body. they would need to change it fully which wasn´t done in ARK in 3-4y, so this is not going to happen here as well, sorry. move on to the next topic

4 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

A waist of valuable land. But probably the only solution. But solving bug our getting more content the last one will always win....... 

No. Incentive to build something pretty. 🙂 Find the bright side when you run into an issue like this. Makes it a fun challenge, instead of sucking.

It will not be fixed. Ever. So instead of being mad and bitching, I decided to work around it. This means I cannot make a square fugly cookie cutter base like everyone else. I love my animals and want them to be safe, so I build elaborate security walls. This is not Ark, so we do not need a huge base for bronto and giga. Use the space to make your base secure.