Sign in to follow this  
Spookymulder420

Looking for a place to call home

Just looking for enough land to build a decent size base to store resources call home keep tames and crops.  With enough water to have a dock and some space to build boats . I'm in hydras den pve . Me and my tribemate are very active . Living In lawless currently .  If you can help please message me . Not really looking to join anyones tribe or merge. Just need like 2-3 flags . Willing to work out a deal . I would be willing to alliance and help out doing stuff . But dont want to be kicked to the curb looking for something safe .  We are good respectful people. 

Possibly.  I just wouldnt want to get the boot type thing . Would be my home for the most part in game . The best would be owning the 2-3 flags I can get off someone. Renting might be my best option. What would the deal be for renting? 

6 hours ago, Spookymulder420 said:

Possibly.  I just wouldnt want to get the boot type thing . Would be my home for the most part in game . The best would be owning the 2-3 flags I can get off someone. Renting might be my best option. What would the deal be for renting? 

Most people dont charge for renting. As you'll farm on their land and pay with taxes.

I am against renting though, as it is not 100% secure. At any time they could pull up and replace the flag, effectively claiming everything you have there. Or just simply revoke your building permissions at any time. There are good landlords out there, but you never know.. maybe you get the "Hey, what'd you expect, it's a pirate game" landlord

30 minutes ago, Crete21 said:

Most people dont charge for renting. As you'll farm on their land and pay with taxes.

I am against renting though, as it is not 100% secure. At any time they could pull up and replace the flag, effectively claiming everything you have there. Or just simply revoke your building permissions at any time. There are good landlords out there, but you never know.. maybe you get the "Hey, what'd you expect, it's a pirate game" landlord

This is why I would never rent land in this game.  Far too much risk.

• Like 1

Wait the end of march, to see new patch, new changing on the claim system, i hope they will remove the claim flag, or limit the flags for all 

Gravetown D11or D12 there is a claim the has 4 days if your on the pve NA server. It's a rock has deep water iron in the middle of island taming pens are all unlocked. right next to the other rock is that claim. 

People with large portions or even complete islands locked up, should allow others  to claim on the low resource locations.    They get protection of knowing its there, you get taxes as the build up.    If you keep taxes reasonable 10% or less, they will farm on your land vs going to lawless to harvest tax free.

Lawless it great place to set up small camps.,   put Resource and Storage chests on land to give them max retention. build a sloop with bed, smithy and mortar&pestal and you have a camp that will last 2 weeks at a time.   Keep set of tools, armor and basic materials there on ship, and you can rebuild even after a longer time gone.  

Fast travel to refresh, harvest and load resource chest and every once in a while during non-double harvest time. transport them to your main camp.    I know people do, but you should not build anything that can't be lost in lawless land,  keep your good stuff on a ship there, resources in resource chest on ground. 

Edited by José Gaspar

On 2/26/2019 at 9:14 PM, Crete21 said:

Renting should be changed so that the renter has all the protections of the landowner. Basically a secondary claim flag under the owner's flag, and the only way they can be kicked off the land is through inactivity on a scale comparable to actual landowner. Additionally, if the landowner goes inactive and their flags go up for claim, the renter should automatically become the owner of whatever flags they are renting.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:06 AM, kolonelu said:

Wait the end of march, to see new patch, new changing on the claim system, i hope they will remove the claim flag, or limit the flags for all 

This is probably the best suggestion at this point. Find a place with low tax and just build a simple building to work out of and instead work on gathering resources and working on a decent ship. Find a place that has bears to tame and then make a decent sloop with a large speed sail and a small handling sail. Sail around and do treasure maps with the bear (can easily solo common and fine maps with points in healing and damage on bear) and gather 6 types of wood, fiber, metal, stone, flint, etc. Get flotsam for gold and the chance for upgraded ship parts. You can then start upgrading your sloop or make an improved brigantine. You don't need multiple people to sail a Brig if you understand the NPC ai. 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, Spookymulder420 said:

Just looking for enough land to build a decent size base to store resources call home keep tames and crops.  With enough water to have a dock and some space to build boats . I'm in hydras den pve . Me and my tribemate are very active . Living In lawless currently .  If you can help please message me . Not really looking to join anyones tribe or merge. Just need like 2-3 flags . Willing to work out a deal . I would be willing to alliance and help out doing stuff . But dont want to be kicked to the curb looking for something safe .  We are good respectful people. 

Watch the live stream today before you do anything. No reason to rent or buy if land becomes available in this next patch. 

2 PM PT