Castellane93

ships New Ship types, Version A

Good morning everybody, 

I have done a bit of research and would like to contribute some ideas on new ship types. I have two different approaches in mind, and therefore will have two separate posts about it, so that voting and responses may reflect appropriately in the suggestions list. For play style clarification, I mainly play PvE, and have focused my 400+ current hours in the game on ship building.

I have tried to find options for all size category's, and all company sizes that seem to make sense to have. I will focus simply on ship types, and not on sail configurations/sizes, as I will talk about that in my 2nd post a bit more.

NEW SHIP TYPES:

india.jpg.11eaef4a2065fd6e0e4576ad267143b8.jpg

The East Indiaman. Already in game via a mod by @Dakar. This would be a great addition, as it sits in that space between the current Brigantine and the Galleon.

junk.jpg.28d488d0d10a098731574f282fb7ee4d.jpg

The Junk. Coming in all different sizes, the one shown here reflects a small to medium one. I think it's a good alternative to the schooner, and could be focused as a lower cost hauler.

corvette.jpg.28ecfa226b5ee3f49a6e7827553e1862.jpg

The Corvette. While this could be added in as it's own thing, I feel that renaming the Brigantine to Corvette would make more sense, as the current in game Brig is closer to this, than to an actual brigantine. More on that debate in the second post. 

s-l300.jpg.df99691b4f21cf2c9c43c251906955d6.jpg

The Frigate. This is the one that I wish for the most. Sitting between the current Brigantine and the Galleon, a dedicated fighter. 14-18 guns per side, possibly even top deck mounted gunports, 4 decks, pure joy. 

This post contains a lot less info than I had planned to provide, but ship research is finicky, and depending on the region you originate from, similar ships and their feats can be categorized as the same. More on this in the Version B post.

Photo credits to http://brethrencoast.com

• Like 2