Bolognapwny

Server Wipe

Server Wipe  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Should they Wipe PVP servers

• Yes
    • No

no, what drove the player base off was the hacking. a whole top 10 clan in NA pvp left because of that shit lol.

Lets put it this way Xenom, wipes are coming regardless. That is a fact lol the question is when. The only time official probably wont wipe will be when its actually released. 

PvP servers I see no reason for a wipe.  I can't say it wouldn't be good for them after the claim revamp, but there's already a system in place that will eventually balance the claim issue anyway, even without the revamp.  But that's only for PvP servers.

For PvE servers, yes, a server wipe is necessary after the revamp.  PvE doesn't have the option to contest flags at any time, so the playing field will  need to be reset for it to be fair.

5 hours ago, Xenom said:

why punish those playing daily?

Server wipe is not not a punishment, though.  Providing a level playing field is not a punishment.  There's a huge change to claim system coming.  In order to provide the most fair playing field on PvE servers, a wipe is necessary.

Again, though, I don't think a PvP server wipe is necessary, even though it wouldn't really hurt.  I'm actually more inclined to be against a wipe for PvP servers just to enjoy the fighting for dominance that PvP servers naturally have.

yey right ant not on pvp server, because we wall know people will unclaim land and give us away for free to all those people who will rejoin the game xDD "Pve server yes, pvp server no" wtf - another selffish who is worried about his claims?

6 minutes ago, Arykos said:

yey right ant not on pvp server, because we wall know people will unclaim land and give us away for free to all those people who will rejoin the game xDD "Pve server yes, pvp server no" wtf - another selffish who is worried about his claims?

I'm going to assume you're replying to me since I'm really the only one who has said PvE yes, PvP no.

Want to know how many claims I have?  Zero.  Want to know how much land I have on lawless?  Zero.  Because I don't currently play on official servers.  Because the land claim system is currently borked.  I played for a few days on official, couldn't find any land, went to unofficial and started having a blast because I was able to get some land.  So please, tell me how I'm being selfish by sharing my opinion.

Yes but only if there is a really major change to the claim system. They should only consider wipes when the introduce big changes to game mechanics.

If it's only a small change then no. 

• Like 1

I really hope there is a server wipe, I will create a character this time that is tall so I don't have to crouch to place things on boats or tight areas. 

17 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

WTF are you even talking about... my god you shouldn't even communicate with people.

Its early access... Wipe it... wipe it alllll the time.... who gives a flying @#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$#@$#

They need to get territorial claim system down... before they ever even focus on anything else... if you can't get the basic fundamentals down... you don't need to work on anything else because it wont matter.  Its honestly not even a debate... this is the most common sense shit I have ever seen... but I forget there are people in this world that voted for AOC....

If it's your point to imply I'm a AOC voter, your out of your mind.

My point is not to say all these game issue don't need to be fixed. They do need to be fixed. My point is that they can be fixed without a full server wipe that resets everyone's progress. Even if they were to wipe the servers, it does no good to do that prior to having all these things working right first.

Look at Eve or Wow, 15 years and never a server wipe. And this EA reason is BS. They may be in what "they call" EA for a year. A reset would just take another chunk out of the player base.

They could remove all claims or leave them as they put the new system in place and all the other thing and leave everyone's progress in place.

Edited by Buck Rider

7 hours ago, CazzT said:

Server wipe is not not a punishment, though.  Providing a level playing field is not a punishment.  There's a huge change to claim system coming.  In order to provide the most fair playing field on PvE servers, a wipe is necessary.

Again, though, I don't think a PvP server wipe is necessary, even though it wouldn't really hurt.  I'm actually more inclined to be against a wipe for PvP servers just to enjoy the fighting for dominance that PvP servers naturally have.

the point is the game has to be balanced around there being ppl around for quite some time and newer ppl joining...if you make all start over you will not really be able to balance it around this. the devs really need to be careful about wiping and what to wipe, just when i think of all the discovery stuff ^^ ppl will just stop doing stuff or stop playing during EA if it's wiped every here and then. i mean if all get insame amounts of let's say gold due to a bug that cannot be rolled back...they surely should wipe the gold on the server but asking for total wipe will just not do the game any good.

i still think if the claim rework needs a wipe it will need a wipe in a few weeks again and therefor would not be enough of a rework...it has to work so that it will change what is wrong now over a short period of time be it PvP or PvE. 

1 hour ago, Buck Rider said:

If it's your point to imply I'm a AOC voter, your out of your mind.

My point is not to say all these game issue don't need to be fixed. They do need to be fixed. My point is that they can be fixed without a full server wipe that resets everyone's progress. Even if they were to wipe the servers, it does no good to do that prior to having all these things working right first.

Look at Eve or Wow, 15 years and never a server wipe. And this EA reason is BS. They may be in what "they call" EA for a year. A reset would just take another chunk out of the player base.

They could remove all claims or leave them as they put the new system in place and all the other thing and leave everyone's progress in place.

And it wasn't because in eve there weren't powerful reasons to wipe , like the removal of the lottery system for the t2 bps and the admins that got caught giving them away to their friends. I haven't played eve for 5 years but i bet that if i go to the forums i would still see people trying to buy or sell t2 bps, that you haven't been able to get new for more than a decade.

I would only support a wipe if there were significant changes to the  design of the map that would require a fresh start. For me changing the claim system is just not enough.

They need to do something for sure.  My tribe went from 28 to 6 at the start, then we merged into another.  Went from 48 to 8, then merged into a mega.  Went from 400+ to 30.  Merged into our ally mega.  Went from 500 to 130.  No clue where it's at now since everyone has stopped playing.  I'm sure every single person would come back if the game was fixed. Getting single digit FPS with an i9, 1080ti means there is a problem.  How could they proceed with this dying game without a wipe?  Ark did it with Legacy servers/small tribe servers and this is the same dev team.  So sorry to say, but either enjoy your Legacy server, you 1600 die-hards on NA PVP or get on bored with them fixing the game...

Dont wipe the server..

Just make a seperate pvp server when the claim changes come out that has fast travel limited to the within the zone the bed is placed in or something similar.ir even more restricted..

Let population decide  

6 hours ago, AvengingMyOwn said:

Getting single digit FPS with an i9, 1080ti means there is a problem

Yes with your PC :classic_blink:

19 hours ago, CazzT said:

Wiping PvP server also provides a level playing field for new players. A lot of the people I talk to aren't able to experience the game on official the way they want to. The last few people I've talked to is that they have to join an existing group to get land. If they do join an existing group they aren't learning how to play and are just bodies to fill a spot in a raid, defense, or whatnot. And sure for experienced players, that would be fun, but for new players its pretty much forcing them off the server since they don't really have a choice.

The pros out weigh the cons imo for wiping. If it does wipe for the first major update (keep in mind, its going to wipe eventually), developers are more easily able to monitor the changes to the game and balance those changes without causing huge uproar from the community (there will still be a roar, but shouldn't be too bad). They will also be able to fix any bugs that show up early with the new system in place, some bugs that could possibly be game breaking. Existing players, now that they have played the game, have the opportunity to do things different in some regards, but to balance the super scaling of a bigger group, the upkeep should keep them in check for the start. A wipe also invites old and new players to play on official again, thus creating a much larger pop for official. Only real con to wiping, imo, is that I'd lose my character.

If the server doesn't wipe, I feel like the Devs will have to be put on double time for the next few weeks, balancing the claim system and fixing any bugs that could affect the claims after the changes, all while having to deal with the community harassment from the blunder. I think the population will grow for sure, but the amount will be far less than if it had wiped. Probably the biggest pro for not wiping is keeping your character, which is what I care about. I've lost whole islands, very good bases and locations and probably a few hundred ships, but the only thing I really care about is my character lol. But losing it wouldn't make me stop playing, I'd still play because its fun.

you can all scream and shout speculate and assume, Tune in tomorrow 2pm PST for ALL the answer from the DEVS, NOT from players who know NOTHING,.

Tune into our livestream at 2 PM Pacific on Thursday the 28th of Feb! Don’t miss the treasure trove of news including future development plans, featuring Co-Founder Jesse Rapczak (@arkjesse)!

twitch.tv/sailtheatlas mixer.com/playatlas

If I recall, the last live stream provided "answers" and then they didn't go through with them anyways, right? So who knows what to believe from their streams. At least the previews will look cool, hey look more figure heads and armor cosmetics!

16 hours ago, Xenom said:

the point is the game has to be balanced around there being ppl around for quite some time and newer ppl joining...if you make all start over you will not really be able to balance it around this.

Not sure how a server wipe prevents balancing.  When you make a massive balance change, before launch, it's quite common to wipe.  This happens frequently on PTR servers.

just when i think of all the discovery stuff ^^ ppl will just stop doing stuff or stop playing during EA if it's wiped every here and then.

Again, this has been debunked.  Server wipes do not kill games or their communities or their player count.

i mean if all get insame amounts of let's say gold due to a bug that cannot be rolled back...they surely should wipe the gold on the server but asking for total wipe will just not do the game any good.

Apples vs Zebras.  Someone duping millions of gold is not the same as making a massive change to a core mechanic/feature of the game.  You're really grasping at straws.

i still think if the claim rework needs a wipe it will need a wipe in a few weeks again and therefor would not be enough of a rework

Why would it need a second wipe after the revamp?  You're just panicking over nothing.

When i got home from work yesterday my company was gearing up to raid some lawless island and there was some shady person on TS giving us planks, cannons and weapons. I didn't really understand what was going on and just went along with it, until i noticed 26 legendary planks in one of the storage boxes on our galleon. All crafted by a company that was recently dev wiped for cheating and duping. My point is theres so many duplicated items in circulation and to many people willing to use them. I tried to explain to my company that these items where duped, but noone would listen so i logged off in disgust and went to play apex legends instead. 

I don't understand how this game is gonna get any new players, when the first thing they run into coming out of the freeport is some random company fucking their whole island into a coma with disposable legendary gear.

My company was allied to an ally of said dev wiped company, we had no contact with them and they still gifted us all this stuff on a whim so you can imagine how much of this crap they have laying around. None of them seem to have the willpower or wisdom to refuse to use this shit, for me beating any other company with those items would be a hollow win at best and this whole situation just showed me how broken this game is, i doubt i'll log in again until the server is wiped and the dupe bug is gone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pant said:

When i got home from work yesterday my company was gearing up to raid some lawless island and there was some shady person on TS giving us planks, cannons and weapons. I didn't really understand what was going on and just went along with it, until i noticed 26 legendary planks in one of the storage boxes on our galleon. All crafted by a company that was recently dev wiped for cheating and duping. My point is theres so many duplicated items in circulation and to many people willing to use them. I tried to explain to my company that these items where duped, but noone would listen so i logged off in disgust and went to play apex legends instead. 

I don't understand how this game is gonna get any new players, when the first thing they run into coming out of the freeport is some random company fucking their whole island into a coma with disposable legendary gear.

My company was allied to an ally of said dev wiped company, we had no contact with them and they still gifted us all this stuff on a whim so you can imagine how much of this crap they have laying around. None of them seem to have the willpower or wisdom to refuse to use this shit, for me beating any other company with those items would be a hollow win at best and this whole situation just showed me how broken this game is, i doubt i'll log in again until the server is wiped and the dupe bug is gone.

respect my friend. atleast some people with the right attitude.

I really don't care either way if they wipe the servers or not. But if they decide to do it hopefully it will be after they fix the issues with duping otherwise there is no point to wipe the server since its just going to keep happening. Let them get the claims issue worked out and a few more updates and then maybe it would be beneficial to wipe.

12 hours ago, Pax said:

you can all scream and shout speculate and assume, Tune in tomorrow 2pm PST for ALL the answer from the DEVS, NOT from players who know NOTHING,.

Tune into our livestream at 2 PM Pacific on Thursday the 28th of Feb! Don’t miss the treasure trove of news including future development plans, featuring Co-Founder Jesse Rapczak (@arkjesse)!

twitch.tv/sailtheatlas mixer.com/playatlas

I will be very surprised if they announce they are doing a server wipe weeks down the line, if they did I would assume it's a matter of days.

I watched the last stream and it was more like a mothers meeting than anything else, no organisation or roadmap of where they want to go, just throwing ideas around.

I will still check it out though and see what they have to say but I'm not very hopeful of the stream after seeing the first.

Peoples opinions are exactly that opinions.. I myself would hate to see a wipe simply because A it would screw me over as a solo player who has put in alot of time building and B I think it would do the same to alot of other people and most likely would cause a mass quitting of people who simply just don't want to sink all that time into rebuilding and stuff.. Maybe if it wasn't so grind heavy it wouldn't be the case.. I don't know if I would quit but I sure wouldn't be happy either.. The real question is do I really want to spend another 2 months getting back to the point I am at now..That is my opinion that I have the right to have just like you and your opinion on wanting a wipe because I guess from what others are saying is because you got owned by another company? Even if that was the case that's a pretty noob reason to start crying about wanting wipes. Self centered I believe is the term..

Again... a lot of REEEEEEEEEEE in this thread...

I saw one guy post something about if they did a server wipe more people would quit... WTF everyone already quit.. only a handful of grids have 5+ people in them....

Saw another guy saying that he dont play on Official pvp, but from his experience he tried official and couldn't find land... so he plays on private... and he thinks there hsouldn't be a wipe?? .... huh?  He didn't give a reason...just... no... wipe PVE but not PVP.

Listen kids.... if you want this game to be fun... they need to start capping crap to reduce people all joining one company or one alliance... imagine a dynamic Atlas world with several competing entities and a working economy.... it would be never ending player made content... I honestly don't understand how many times I need to explain this.

Holy fuck are you dumb.  They can cap a company or alliance all they want. They can still join the same discord and not attack each other and work together. There is no way around that, wtf are you even babbling about?

Do your self a favor. Turn off your computer. Walk upstairs and slap your mom in the face . Tell her she failed. She needs to start doing a better job.

You need more help at school and less fucking computer time. Start with thinking subjects, not so much math and english. Reasoning and subjects that make you think things through.

25 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Again... a lot of REEEEEEEEEEE in this thread...

I saw one guy post something about if they did a server wipe more people would quit... WTF everyone already quit.. only a handful of grids have 5+ people in them....

Saw another guy saying that he dont play on Official pvp, but from his experience he tried official and couldn't find land... so he plays on private... and he thinks there hsouldn't be a wipe?? .... huh?  He didn't give a reason...just... no... wipe PVE but not PVP.

Listen kids.... if you want this game to be fun... they need to start capping crap to reduce people all joining one company or one alliance... imagine a dynamic Atlas world with several competing entities and a working economy.... it would be never ending player made content... I honestly don't understand how many times I need to explain this.

Again your opinion and obviously people still play to be able to quit.. Why don't you do yourself a favor and except that others having an opinion that doesn't match yours doesn't make them "reeeeees" as you put it. Stop being so simple minded and selfish.