Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Think I'm done here for now.

2 hours ago, CazzT said:

Wait, that's still being worked on?  I thought it was left in EA limbo permanently.

Nope.

This thursday is the survival update.

They earlier did an overhaul of multiplayer, now the update of survival, and from what understand with this update they are leaving early access.

Wich is why i am assuming this is the game that he/she talked about.

6 hours ago, Gfrannic said:

Nope.

This thursday is the survival update.

They earlier did an overhaul of multiplayer, now the update of survival, and from what understand with this update they are leaving early access.

Wich is why i am assuming this is the game that he/she talked about.

Very clever.

Any game that gives me an API where I can write my own C# code and create my own AI... in game... has my attention.  I've owned it for years.  Now, the servers are finally becoming stable enough that it's MP PVP is actually playable.

16 hours ago, awakatanka said:

May I ask what game?

He guessed it.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

I have been done on official for a while. I am currently maintaining stuff on an unofficial. Wish the larder and food trough lasted longer so I could be a bit more lazy about it but I have to login every 2 days or so to feed the tames and npcs. Still have a pile of gold although slowly eating that way. Winded up dropping non essential npcs of turrets/cannons to help with the gold cost as well. Just waiting for content at this point. Good chance the cluster I am on will be wiped here at some point so it may all be for naught anyways. At this point all I have left to do is grind engrams for lucky rng rolls and make high end gear. So hopefully more time consuming content isn't far off but I feel it might be so maybe it will be best to just let it all go and wait for either official wipe or a reset unofficial down the road.

In reference to this visual crash. There is one island we had setup for cranking out organic paste when it was still required for stone where quite often when I am in the corner with all the pestles/mortars (no idea what causes it or if those a re related or if its the island or what) but I get a long long hang then the game crashes. Occasionally it pops up with a D3D error saying my video driver unhooked or something sometimes it will just crash out and go back to desktop and sometimes I have to crash the game to relog. Another annoying thing if you quickly relog in it pops up your player is already in game but then removes the rejoin option from the main start menu. I usually have to reboot 1-2 times hoping I waited long enough for my character to fall asleep. I too have been in situations a few times where I was sailing (back when I was grinding out levels at the start) and when applying skill points the game would hard crash the same way and I would be a ghost ship (luckily someone was onboard those times) but I was at the wheel and didn't drop off for a good minute or two. Pretty sure they fixed that bug but I also avoided doing that ever again after it happened a couple times. 

The crash during vital stuff would be really annoying. Middle of combat, out on a tame, doing maps, sailing ships, in the middle of a storm, fighting the kraken, killing stuff at a golden island, doing the FOY, the ghost ship, clearing SOTD... I 100% get your frustration on that.

Good luck on your endeavors wherever they take you and hopefully you'll be back down the road sometime!