Sign in to follow this  
Skinner NA PVE

Carrot / Stick

I would like to see the tax system changed drastically.

Claimed land would provide a 20% gathering buff to the land owner(s).

Non land owners gather 100% of their normal value.

10 flags per tile can be set to (taxed). In taxed areas land owner loses 20% buff. Non land owner still gathers 105% in taxes regions, the extra 5% goes to the tax bank.

Gold is never taxed.

Taxation is a big stick.

• Like 1

came in expecting a flame starter, but I must admit, I agree with you.

I also didn't know gold was taxed  :classic_blink:

Might have to look into avoiding non lawless sectors.

• Thanks 1

u would like to see the tax system changed as you have no land ? 

i have my tax set at 2% and have active neighbors my bank is overflowing with materials metal fibre etc my neighbors are chinese company they are friendly even to the point of trading flags with others on the island and setting flags to allow others to build , i don’t tax a lot they farm a lot and are better neighbors for it ,

tax does work as it should nothing needs changing 

3 minutes ago, uli said:

u would like to see the tax system changed as you have no land ? 

i have my tax set at 2% and have active neighbors my bank is overflowing with materials metal fibre etc my neighbors are chinese company they are friendly even to the point of trading flags with others on the island and setting flags to allow others to build , i don’t tax a lot they farm a lot and are better neighbors for it ,

tax does work as it should nothing needs changing 

100% agree. Funny the only people calling for tax and land changes are the ones who dont have any. Us and our neighbors all agreed upon 10%.the whole isle is set st that. No one complains. Much like life, it's all about choices. Dont want to pay tax? Dont farm on their land. There is nothing wrong with the tax system, its actually pretty well done and also capped at 30% so no one takes advantage. Hell, I pay over 30% in taxes in real life lol. You can choose whether or not to pay tax, just like the land owner can choose to do what he wants with his land.

Tax on PVE is stupid. It all came down to who was able to claim the land first. Abolish tax all together on PVE. New players have ZERO chance of getting any land whatsoever, by eliminating tax it will open up so much land for new players as hoarding the land would reap no reward. There is a company on our island that claimed the majority of the land, they dont even have a base... just flags and a tax bank set to 30%, do they really deserve all those free materials just for being the first people to walk around hitting F1? no. There is also no way to claim the land off them, as long as they visit once in a while to refresh the flag timers its all theirs for nothing. Tax on PVE is a stupid concept. Just abolish flags all together and make it like ARK, would be far less frustrating.

• Like 1

Well actually I have a large plot in F10, have collected over 1 million fibers and thatch over the past month. Bear gatherable thatch and fiber cover my plots.

I would rather have more people playing.

Taxing rare resources makes sense to me but taxing everything doesn’t.

Edited by Skinner NA PVE

16 minutes ago, Captain Fatbeard said:

Tax on PVE is stupid. It all came down to who was able to claim the land first. Abolish tax all together on PVE. New players have ZERO chance of getting any land whatsoever, by eliminating tax it will open up so much land for new players as hoarding the land would reap no reward. There is a company on our island that claimed the majority of the land, they dont even have a base... just flags and a tax bank set to 30%, do they really deserve all those free materials just for being the first people to walk around hitting F1? no. There is also no way to claim the land off them, as long as they visit once in a while to refresh the flag timers its all theirs for nothing. Tax on PVE is a stupid concept. Just abolish flags all together and make it like ARK, would be far less frustrating.

They need to add systems to create responsibilities for landowners to justify the tax.  Things like making it so your tax rate is capped based on the number of ship of the damned or other elements that balance out the duties of a landowner to justify the taxes.  Additionally, they could allow landowners to pay for upgrades to their claims, like turning down the spawn rate of hostile enemies, up the spawn rate of non-hostile, increasing the gather rate of specific resource types, etc.  Actual infrastructure building.

They should also allow me to no-shit tip landowners who make good infrastructure to make my life easier as a visitor.  I'm SO tired of seeing a map pillar and there's a ladder nearby that is blocked by a locked door.  Hell, let them set up a toll booth even.

The current tax system isn't a tax at all.

If they use tax then the claim must have build to everyone also. If not then no tax and only tax from your alliance.

13 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

They need to add systems to create responsibilities for landowners to justify the tax.  Things like making it so your tax rate is capped based on the number of ship of the damned or other elements that balance out the duties of a landowner to justify the taxes.  Additionally, they could allow landowners to pay for upgrades to their claims, like turning down the spawn rate of hostile enemies, up the spawn rate of non-hostile, increasing the gather rate of specific resource types, etc.  Actual infrastructure building.

They should also allow me to no-shit tip landowners who make good infrastructure to make my life easier as a visitor.  I'm SO tired of seeing a map pillar and there's a ladder nearby that is blocked by a locked door.  Hell, let them set up a toll booth even.

The current tax system isn't a tax at all.

This would be cool. give owners a responsibility.

This will never happen simply based on how the spawning system works. we all saw how rampent the spawns became when the reduced wolfs

16 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

If they use tax then the claim must have build to everyone also. If not then no tax and only tax from your alliance.

we allow people to build in our land but will never set it to anyone to many people com in a grief

I agree the tax system does add to the issues for the claim mechanics. That being said, we all know they are reworking the claim mechanics, so that will change how the tax rates effect us in the future.

But another idea for the tax system could be that instead of it being a blanket tax, the land holders can only choose 1 item he can place a tax on. Leave the percentages as they are.

I personally donta agree with the tax system at all, this is a pirate game, not a for King and country game. I don't think pirates we're all that concerned with collecting taxes, they just took what they wanted

Edited by Huck Finnley

I think an easy and (hopefully) acceptable fix for all, is a flat 10-15% tax that goes directly to the landowners bank, but doesn't come out of the harvesters pocket. If you harvest 1000 wood, you get 1000 wood, game generates and sends the landowner 150. You dig up a treasure worth 2000g, you get 2000g, an extra 300g is generated and sent to the landowner.

This way, the landowner still gets a cut, and the harvester doesn't suffer.

53 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

I think an easy and (hopefully) acceptable fix for all, is a flat 10-15% tax that goes directly to the landowners bank, but doesn't come out of the harvesters pocket. If you harvest 1000 wood, you get 1000 wood, game generates and sends the landowner 150. You dig up a treasure worth 2000g, you get 2000g, an extra 300g is generated and sent to the landowner.

This way, the landowner still gets a cut, and the harvester doesn't suffer.

I would be for this... IF they put a 7 day cooldown on rejoining a company after you leave or are kicked out.  To prevent people just leaving their company to gather a ton of stuff

What we have here is an old-fashioned political debate.

The game, as it's set up now, is basically mirroring history. Land owners would allow others to work their land in exchange for "their share" of the bounty. We'll call those who own land Nobles and those who don't peasants.

Now the peasants didn't particularly like this system so governments were changed and the government, we'll call them devs, got involved. Fast forward to modern times.

In this game, the rich (land owners) are not only not being taxed fairly, but are the recipients of the benefits of the taxes. Which some may claim is how it works in the real world too. 

This is generally seen as unfair.

So this is what we need to do. 

The devs need to impose a 30% tax rate on all land owner's harvesting. Half of what's collected will go towards NPC ships that hunt SOTD and NPCs who patrol island hunting agressive animals. The other half will be evenly distributed to the inventories of all players who don't have any claims once per day.

• Like 1

Tax is one thing I actually can't argue against.   ....once the claim system is fixed.  As things currently stand, it should be turned off due to how broken claims are.

13 hours ago, Captain Trenchard said:

What we have here is an old-fashioned political debate.

The game, as it's set up now, is basically mirroring history. Land owners would allow others to work their land in exchange for "their share" of the bounty. We'll call those who own land Nobles and those who don't peasants.

Now the peasants didn't particularly like this system so governments were changed and the government, we'll call them devs, got involved. Fast forward to modern times.

In this game, the rich (land owners) are not only not being taxed fairly, but are the recipients of the benefits of the taxes. Which some may claim is how it works in the real world too. 

This is generally seen as unfair.

So this is what we need to do. 

The devs need to impose a 30% tax rate on all land owner's harvesting. Half of what's collected will go towards NPC ships that hunt SOTD and NPCs who patrol island hunting agressive animals. The other half will be evenly distributed to the inventories of all players who don't have any claims once per day.

We need a benefits system where people grinding their faces off are taxed at 60% and that directly goes into the pockets of the population that choose to not lift a finger because it's easier.. and they get just as much....   they also get given land, and free tames... just because... they're on benefits and special.

(we don't want to get too much like real life in the UK though...  )   

😄