Daemon Cross

What will it take ?

On 2/28/2019 at 12:07 PM, Dollie said:

In regards to the claiming issues, we're pretty confident our rework is a better system and everyone will have the opportunity to give feedback on that once it goes live on our Public Test Realm.

might work in pvp but why would u go back to how ark works for pve servers ? the flags worked why there wasnt just a cap on how many flags a company / player could place is beyond crazy when this was the most asked for change ...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Someone pointed out in another thread (that I can't find right now), that all they had to do was limit the claims.  They could even give every person 5 claims, and it would still have fixed the problem.  You have 2 man companies with 200 claims now.  That would free up 190 claims.  You have 10 person companies with 800 claims.  That would free up 750 claims.  It's all they had to do to fix this.  

I found that quote..it was Meatsammich:

Just limit the claims to 10 per any company, 20 for a company over 25 members, and 50 for companies with 100+ members. More than enough land for anyone, and seeing as how there is a company with 3000 land claims, that would be land for 59 other companies of 100+ people, or 148 companies with 25 people, or 299 companies  with less than 25 people. Thats up to 5000 to 10000 more people having land.. And thats just 1 company being divested of its land. Other companies in the top 10 have ~2000 flags of 1000 flags.

Between freeing up claims with that, and 200 new islands, there would be more than enough land to claim for everyone playing now, and damn sure more than enough land for everyone playing after the wipe. Hell, that would be enough room for everyone who's ever played on PVE to have claims, with room to spare for new players.

That low limit still seems huge to me..10 claims.  And with it, just limiting one company's overclaiming frees up space for almost 300 small companies to have claims.  Why didn't they just do that?

And you 

1 hour ago, Luxfere said:

Its early access its a paid beta read the patch notes and watch the video. People have stopped playing because the claiming system is in the toilet., They are removing claim flags from PVE 

And you think removing claim flags is going to fix anything?  Please for the love of God quit referring to the game as early access or beta, that is nothing more than a excuse and not a very good one. If you want to try and justify your thoughts then make a point about your claim, non of us here want to keep hearing that it’s a early access or beta and that’s why this is being done. If they had plans to wipe them why let us create characters with names and company ids, why let us build or limit us to gathering, they should have set it up with random name generator and unlimited gathering and experience to see what the servers could handle, not let us deal with all the bugs and exploits and continue to build only to lose it all. All our progress is about to be gone

Wow you cant seem to read the patch notes or listen to the video, If you ever played ark you would understand the whole foundation spam headache and what the intend to do on it.  You chose to be part of early access aka  A BETA TEST go look that up sorry man you just dont seem to realize you signed up to be a guinea pig.  They didnt state it was a perm fix thats why you are here to test it again and again and again. I know we paid 25 dollars to play this game yea so what 25 dollars is nothing, if you dont like early access testing i suggest now is the time to run away and come back in a few months and see how it is going. 

Edited by Luxfere

On 2/28/2019 at 12:07 PM, Dollie said:

Whilst the majority of our resources are directed towards prioritising fixing exploits etc we certainly do take action against griefing and exploiting and this doesn't only occur on our PvP network. Numerous players on our PvE network have been banned and devwipes of entire Companies for extreme cases are not uncommon. 

In regards to the claiming issues, we're pretty confident our rework is a better system and everyone will have the opportunity to give feedback on that once it goes live on our Public Test Realm.

In relation to our Discord, it's true that we're often interacting more frequently over there; that type of "live" environment lends itself to a natural back and forth in communication that I personally prefer. Jat and I are stepping up our activity here on the forums though 🙂  

Thats odd, never seen Jat comment and rarely seen anything from yourself...

1 hour ago, Luxfere said:

Wow you cant seem to read the patch notes or listen to the video, If you ever played ark you would understand the whole foundation spam headache and what the intend to do on it.  You chose to be part of early access aka  A BETA TEST go look that up sorry man you just dont seem to realize you signed up to be a guinea pig.  They didnt state it was a perm fix thats why you are here to test it again and again and again. I know we paid 25 dollars to play this game yea so what 25 dollars is nothing, if you dont like early access testing i suggest now is the time to run away and come back in a few months and see how it is going. 

You do realise thats the whole point of us being here to test the game. To bitch, complain and point out the flaws. If we all spent out time brown nosing we wouldn't achieve much. This a EA, I get that but the moment this game looks like it will end up Ark 2.0 it will be DOA. Removing claims and not just limiting them is the first step towards that reality. 

Oh and I watched the video, read the patch notes and clocked up 4k hours in Ark. What they suggested isn't a fix.

• Like 1

I’m not sure why you insist on saying I don’t read the patch notes or watch the live streams, your wrong on that part, up until this last live stream or captains log can you point out anywhere that it says there will be a wipe of the server ? 

No i didn’t play Ark, I bought it and the expansion but never could get started in it. What does that have to do with anything. Just because some of the developers were involved with both games then that should be a standard for anything they develop? Is that what your saying? What makes you think it has to be the same as it is in Ark ?  

Yeah I understand that it is a mmo in early access which states that we will be part of the game as it develops, it may or may not change from its current state. That disclaimer says nothing about server wipes and or complete character deletion does it ? 

Your ok with what is happening then hey that’s great, I’m glad things are going your way. I however am not happy about it and  there may be nothing I can do to change it but I can however put my thoughts on the subject in these forums and get feedback from what other people have to say on the matter. 

Now we don’t know each other or anything about one another but I assure you that I know what my options are and really don’t need someone to basically tell me to shut up and accept it or go play something else, I mean if that is all you have to say on the subject then why say anything at all ? 

I mean a lot of us don’t agree on the subject but we have each made a statement to justify our thoughts behind why it should or shouldn’t happen or other alternative solutions. You’ve came here to troll, you bring nothing to the topic , truth be told you probably don’t have much time in the game to begin with 

• Like 1