Fluffypawns

Ship left after tribe stop playing

hi guys 

i was wondering how can you claim a ship after the tribe has left the game , we have cleared there base and there ships have been in the water now for 3weeks and nothing is happening to them they are not getting damaged by the storms. when i use my F1  it tells me that i can claim the ship if im on the ship BUT you cant get on the ship. if and when u get on ship you are bugged BUT if you Press F1 it tell you u can place a flag if you on ground / swimming / grappled . So can some one tell what can we do ???  ty

There's nothing you can do but wait for the devs to come up with a solution, we've had a sloop in the way of our dock project for well over a month. Oddly it moved 10 feet over the weekend but is still in the way. Not sure if the owner moved it or it moved due to some type of bug though.

8 hours ago, jabnlab said:

There's nothing you can do but wait for the devs to come up with a solution, we've had a sloop in the way of our dock project for well over a month. Oddly it moved 10 feet over the weekend but is still in the way. Not sure if the owner moved it or it moved due to some type of bug though.

Things move around a bit when a patch drops.

Too bad ships don't drift when not anchored.  I mean, that's kinda the point of anchoring a ship, to stop it from drifting around and/or away.

If unanchored ships could move due to currents and/or wind, that would solve a lot of the issues with ship blocking.  Though before they implement something like that, they need to adjust how damage is considered, because I can already see chem B and other dbags spamming ships to let them drift into others to destroy them.

2 hours ago, CazzT said:

Too bad ships don't drift when not anchored.  I mean, that's kinda the point of anchoring a ship, to stop it from drifting around and/or away.

If unanchored ships could move due to currents and/or wind, that would solve a lot of the issues with ship blocking.  Though before they implement something like that, they need to adjust how damage is considered, because I can already see chem B and other dbags spamming ships to let them drift into others to destroy them.

Unanchored ships are fine. They decay fairly quickly, and I think can be pushed with other ships a bit.  The anchored ones are the ones that are the issue, since they never decay and are immovable.

We are waiting for an solution too, like a huge bunch of other players do too...

Hopefully waiting for the next patch, then for the next and for another... Maybe we should be able to erase them in the summer or fall this year 😢

why cant they just put a decay timer on the ships also if they not been on for the 20days they should sink or allowed to be taken over by anyone, i have 4 ships next to my base sitting there Anchored and there health never drops . Please sort something out Devs 

I have similar issue. I have sloop in the middle of my claim since start of January, the problem is this sloop is blocking my port. The guy who was the owner of the ship is long gone.

1 minute ago, Vorxius said:

is it not possible to SOTD kite?

Not anymore, anchored ships are not damaged by sotds anymore unless they agroed them.

Even if you could I personally wouldn't do it, im not a fan of exploting, even if it is justified

5 minutes ago, jabnlab said:

Not anymore, anchored ships are not damaged by sotds anymore unless they agroed them.

Even if you could I personally wouldn't do it, im not a fan of exploting, even if it is justified

True it's never in the spirit of the game to do such things, but as quite rightly said above if options are diminishing at a steady pace, and these invulnerable hunks of wood are blocking peoples game, then there has to be a point where anything goes.  I didn't know about the new sotd thing though, it's good news!  but does limit how one goes about removing anchored boats.  

Cudos for the thread.  Interesting read.