Sign in to follow this  
Crete21

[NA PvE] 5.5% Alliance

A new Alliance is forming on NA PvE. 

-What is it? : The 5.5% Alliance is focused on giving players without land claims places to settle and farm at low Tax rates.

-How can you join? : Easy! Just set your tax rates to 5.5%, and consider giving a claim flag to a random player or company that is currently settled in Lawless regions. 

-What are the benefits? : Any players given claims will be instructed that the claim is free, with the agreement that they farm on 5.5% land only when possible. So you will start racking up the tax while the new claim is built up from scratch!

-How can I help? : Even if you don't want to join, consider donating land that is not in use (or you wont be able to upkeep when the patch hits) to the 5.5%. We will happily still give out land claims to needy players, even if you do not want to drop taxes to 5.5%. Please try to keep taxes as low as possible however, as most players will be told to not farm on 30% land at all. 

-Expiring 5.5% claims : Any claims found with 5.5% tax will be claimed, and the main base saved for future returning players. As a thanks for joining and participating, your main will not be ransacked. and will be preserved as much as possible.

-Renting : The 5.5% is not interested in renting out claims, only releasing claim flags for others to claim.

The alliance will not be an actual in-game Alliance, to allow the claiming of expiring 5.5% land.

To join, simply set your tax rate to 5.5%! Its that easy.

If you would like to donate any current land that is not being used by you atm, and you have no interest in paying upkeep on, please contact me by forum message. Do not post locations here.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to see some 5.5% out there! =D

This is clearly devised by someone without any claim lol. No land owners are going to do this. If they are fair with their taxes (10-15%) and they have resources, it will get farmed. Great shamwow impersonation though, I really pictured that dude with beard saying "wait, there's more!" Lol..

The tax rate is so insignificant that you can't really tell you're giving up a part of your resources. It's a nice concept, very noble. However, pirates are greedy and taxes hello is get those varying types of resources into one place from our lands to build masterwork items. We aren't going to drop those rates just to appear the good guys.

PS. With dedication anyone can get land. Believe it.

29 minutes ago, Mythathos said:

PS. With dedication anyone can get land. Believe it.

While this is true, this will also run new players off before they can even get invested into the game.  It's a good thing they're revamping the claim system.  Shows they're at least aware that their game is in danger of dying.

There was a redit post that was updated 18.5 I think so pretty recently, taxes are seemingly broken right now, whether its 1% 5.5% it takes more than 30% 

3 hours ago, trqfreak350 said:

There was a redit post that was updated 18.5 I think so pretty recently, taxes are seemingly broken right now, whether its 1% 5.5% it takes more than 30% 

That post is incorrect. I have heard that reddit post being used to justify 30% tax... pretty easy to debunk. go farm a few nodes in 30%, record the amount, and then go 5%,  rinse repeat. you will get on average 25% less

• Thanks 1

Or join my alliance, the 6.9% alliance.  Same low rates, and the only requirement is you say "nice" in global upon entering alliance territory.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bSelect said:

Or join my alliance, the 6.9% alliance.  Same low rates, and the only requirement is you say "nice" in global upon entering alliance territory.

niiiiceeeeeeee *head nod*

Is there a list of the 5.5% claims and what resources are there?

I have a small part of an island, currently set at 10%, but rest of island is 30% so I do not even harvest there.