• Raft
  • Sloop
  • Schooner
  • Brigantine
  • Galleon

Can we get more types:

• Corvette
  • Frigate
  • Ship of the Line ( This one, pretty please!!!!)

• Like 1

Yea man we need more ship classes and really something in between the Galleon and the brigantine.

• Like 2

I think they were planning a Man-o-War, though I don't know if it was a galleon variant or something larger than a galleon.

I would like to see a Frigate, basically a lengthened Brig, with keeping the one gun deck.  I would also like to see a Carrack, shorter in length than the galleon, but either as wide or maybe five ceilings wide, with high very forecastle and quarterdeck.  For both I would like to see four large masts or four large and one medium, with the Frigate better optimized as a fast warship and the Carrack having high weight capacity so it could be a hauler.  

I would also like to see a Caravel, a ship a little longer and wider than the Sloop, two ceilings wide, with a very shallow draft.  A sail plan of more than the medium (max for the sloop) but less than one large and one small (Schooner).  

I would like to see oared ships...but I don't know how useful (if at all) they would be.  Ships like a medieval war galley, xebec, galiot, galleass.

Another change I would like to see is Extra Large sails.  I think a galleon with six sails on it is kind of ugly.  Four XL sails would look better.  

A thing to keep in mind, if you ask for a ship, be sure to say about how large it would be (ceiling width on the deck), number of decks, overall look (flush upper deck, high fore/aftercastle) and number of decks.  The number and size of sails and possible roles.  As of now we have the following...

-Sloop, one ceiling wide, one medium sail, one deck.

-Schooner, three ceilings wide, one large, one small sail, two decks.

-Brig, four ceilings wide, three large sails, three decks.

-Galleon, six ceilings wide, six large sails, six decks.  (though decks five and six are only at the aft).

All of these are the kinds of things one would expect to see over time as we progress through EA. Trust me early in Ark's EA there was a lot of, but what about this dinosaur or that dinosaur? How can you have a dino game without x? Over time almost all of that stuff got added.  I think there's every reason to believe the same should be expected with Atlas and different ship types. 

My question is since this is a pirate themed game, when am I going to get the little inflatible motorboat things that African pirates use to capture boats like the Maersk Alabama in Captain Phillips? 

What?

Those are pirates too.

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

All of these are the kinds of things one would expect to see over time as we progress through EA. Trust me early in Ark's EA there was a lot of, but what about this dinosaur or that dinosaur? How can you have a dino game without x? Over time almost all of that stuff got added.  I think there's every reason to believe the same should be expected with Atlas and different ship types. 

My question is since this is a pirate themed game, when am I going to get the little inflatible motorboat things that African pirates use to capture boats like the Maersk Alabama in Captain Phillips? 

What?

Those are pirates too.

Ceratosaurus never made it into Ark.

39 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

Ceratosaurus never made it into Ark.

Maybe they were saving it for atlas? 

I'd also like to see something more cargo barge style. Right now you pretty much have to use a galleon because of the interaction between weight and speed.

21 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Maybe they were saving it for atlas? 

I'd also like to see something more cargo barge style. Right now you pretty much have to use a galleon because of the interaction between weight and speed.

They need to do something about the weight of ships.  My company has two Galleons, one well armed (at least on the top deck it is) and one completely unarmed, without two of the decks to save weight.  The total weight saved was less than 3k.  So I can carry the equivalent of half a loaded elephant extra.  (Both ships have the same sail plan, thinking about adding at least one weight sail). 

Just now, Slash78 said:

They need to do something about the weight of ships.  My company has two Galleons, one well armed (at least on the top deck it is) and one completely unarmed, without two of the decks to save weight.  The total weight saved was less than 3k.  So I can carry the equivalent of half a loaded elephant extra.  (Both ships have the same sail plan, thinking about adding at least one weight sail). 

Weight Sails are pretty much pointless.  Even with the buff, they don't add enough weight.  The buff shifted the "better to use all speed sails" point from around 90 to around 89% weight capacity.  Unless you are constantly overloaded, Speed sails are better, and you don't want to BE overloaded because SOTD attacks.

4 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Weight Sails are pretty much pointless.  Even with the buff, they don't add enough weight.  The buff shifted the "better to use all speed sails" point from around 90 to around 89% weight capacity.  Unless you are constantly overloaded, Speed sails are better, and you don't want to BE overloaded because SOTD attacks.

I'm not constantly....but I do overload often.  And because I do, I often get hammered by SotD.  So much so I don't start a trip unless I got at least 4k wood and 500 metal on the boat.  Because I know I'll eventually outrun them, I'll take hits along the way.

9 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

There’s always one.

I understand what you were trying to say...but this is a little different than Ark.  Early on (before I bought the game) there was a decent road map.  We know they were going to be adding a lot of dinos and even were publishing dossiers (sometimes years before they made it in the game).  They started with 24 and said by full release they wanted to be up to around 100 (and below past that number eventually).  So far we've heard very little about upcoming ships, creatures, etc.  They are introducing a crab and a few other things in delayed patch.  In Ark there was the promise of more stuff being added and for the first 18 months a lot was indeed added.  There is no where near the promise and content patches a farther in between.  

5 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

I understand what you were trying to say...but this is a little different than Ark.  Early on (before I bought the game) there was a decent road map.  We know they were going to be adding a lot of dinos and even were publishing dossiers (sometimes years before they made it in the game).  They started with 24 and said by full release they wanted to be up to around 100 (and below past that number eventually).  So far we've heard very little about upcoming ships, creatures, etc.  They are introducing a crab and a few other things in delayed patch.  In Ark there was the promise of more stuff being added and for the first 18 months a lot was indeed added.  There is no where near the promise and content patches a farther in between.  

Yup. All true. But wouldn’t you consider additional ship types the logical candidate for new content? Even if they don’t map them out for you in advance? (Which admittedly would be nice).

tbh id love to see a man o war but it all depends if they go realistic bare in mind a man o war can hold up to 400 crew in atlas that possible if it weren't for the server cap at 150 now for ships we have to have more wood types so for example your normal wood that we have now but give an option for metal inlay and for gun-ports have a metal shield of  sorts around the port for better protection, and for the ships its self lets see more customisation let us section of parts of the ships that actually aline with the ships ull instead of it sticking out of the sides 

Ships, yes.  In fact this is a thread about that.  And they should map it out in advance, while giving players an idea of what is coming.  Right now we are pretty in the dark and the Devs don't seem to have a good idea which way the game wants to go.  I hope they don't do like Ark with the power creep.  (Never liked "tek tier" and hopefully they won't just make larger and larger ships).