Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Real atlas talk

Ok guys, let’s actually see this. I see plenty of people giving their thoughts on me, I have yet to see anyone(you know who you are) really give their thoughts on the game.

sure you comment on other people’s threads and give your opinion. Sure you also comment towards people on their posts.

lets see you give your own actual summary of the game. Not specific little points. Overall. I really want to hear them. Let’s do this.

Why would I bother, when you have no investment in the game whatsoever?  As far as the forum goes you're a waste of time and effort.  A null event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

Why would I bother, when you have no investment in the game whatsoever?  As far as the forum goes you're a waste of time and effort.  A null event.

Aww that’s not nice. Because it gives you a chance to actually gives your views. You usually just spend time telling people they are wrong so I just wanted to know what you thought about the game as a whole.

you still have the chance man, let’s do it

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

Are you ok? who are you and why are you making a thread about yourself.

Well I was trying to make it about atlas but for some reason things come back on me. Not sure why really.

btw what are your thoughts on the game as a whole? Not a specific item or thing but as a whole.

8 minutes ago, Captain 420 said:

Mods lock this thread. It is entirely pointless

Well if the captain said it, it must happen. We have an ark forum guy here.

why would they lock this thread when it is game related and no rules have been broken?

do you not like the thread, or do you have a personal vendetta against me?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dreadmill said:

My name is Dreadmill. I have had an addiction problem since December. My wife and family are concerned about me because even though tens of thousands of people have said negative things about a game I’ve been playing, I continue to enjoy it. I have never built a brig or a gally. I make my wife and friends rotate my sails because I’m too cheap to hire a npc. I buy all my animals from a guy on my island because I’m too busy to tame them. (I spend the gold on tames but don’t tell the rest of my company) I love to watch timers count down and then take what I didn’t earn. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say this, I feel better now.

That is a good story but I don’t blame your family and friends for being concerned if you are having them do all of that. Especially if they are not active in game.

Edited by Realist

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Ok guys, let’s actually see this. I see plenty of people giving their thoughts on me, I have yet to see anyone(you know who you are) really give their thoughts on the game.

sure you comment on other people’s threads and give your opinion. Sure you also comment towards people on their posts.

lets see you give your own actual summary of the game. Not specific little points. Overall. I really want to hear them. Let’s do this.

That would just be the same as people commenting in this topic. As this would be your thread and other people commenting on it.

There's plenty of opinions of the game all over the forum, no need for another topic created by someone who has zero experience in Atlas.

39 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That would just be the same as people commenting in this topic. As this would be your thread and other people commenting on it.

There's plenty of opinions of the game all over the forum, no need for another topic created by someone who has zero experience in Atlas.

Ok GP. You won this round. Good to see things haven’t changed that much. So much for a lesson learned right?

i knew it all along.

10 hours ago, Realist said:

Another thread from Realist........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok, i will bite.

My 2 cents.(keeping in mind that this is early access)

I am having a lot of fun playing atlas.

I like to build my own ships and turn them into some kind of little mobile base.

I like how i can sail the ship with my friends or solo because the crew ai is pretty good.

The way the wind works is cool, the weather changes are nice.

The game looks amazing.

The fact that i can do anything on my ship while it is sailing amazes me also.

I like to go treasure hunting, and the little puzzle mechanic they use is very original.

I also like that you can paint almost everything.

I play every day, and it is always an adventure.

Sure there are a lot of things i would like to see added but these are the things i can comment on right now. I also have to add that i play on a private server. I am not really the person that has hours on hours to spend on a game so the time i do have i would like to play on my own rules (and speed of progression)

But that also is the beauty of atlas. You can choose to setup your own server(s) and play the way you like it.

The game is still early access and a lot of things could change, and i am really looking forward to the next bigger update with the submarine.

I'd rather participate in real threads started by people who actually play the game,  There's plenty of those to post comments in.

Quit trying to make yourself a celebrity on the forums where you must start every thread and everyone has to respond to you.  Especially when you don't even play.

Find someplace else to go be "famous".

Well I have 575hrs in Atlas so far, probably not as many as others but my thoughts are it's becoming repetitive to play for me now.

My time is decreasing in the game and I think it lacks content to keep players active. I know they had 60k player base and alot of them have already left. It's going in circles, doing the same things everyday, it just gets to much. They need to add markets and expand more in game, it would help in bringing players back if they added more content also.

I've lost so much stuff, ships, tames, lost count but i've just got on with it and started over but there comes a point where you ask yourself, why am I doing this? To get to the same point and there is nothing new. That's how it is feeling to me right now.

They haven't addressed the exploiters on PVE, same company cheating and been at it for weeks now. They've stated they will not be looking into people who do these things to much and rather work on bugs in game but doesn't help genuine people who play the game when these cheaters do as they like.

I'm at the point where I'm just thinking about logging in to keep the timer ticking over but if the talk about server wipe comes to anything that won't matter anyway. I just hope they add more content in the game after the wipe otherwise i'll be taking a longer break away from it like the many thousands who already have. I anticipate several server wipes in this game so it does not bother me in that regard.