Terra Incocnita

NPC Royal Naval Forces

(I would like to begin by saying i'm european/german and my grammar is not perfect)

How about the implementation of NPC Royal Naval Forces (ships/soldiers/fortresses) for instance spanish,british,french,etc. in the game ?

• Royal Naval Fleets were highly trained to hunt and destroy pirateships. Could be a more realistic challenge for players compared to the damned ships.
  • They secured their trading routes with heavy warships and had fortresses on key positions wich could be raided.(PVE and PVP)
  • Fortresses are already implemented(discovery area) and could be manned by NPC Naval Forces. Players then have to conduct a tactical sea and land fight in order to get to the gold/treasure inside the fortress.
  • As you all know the spaniards melted tons of gold in the new world in order to transfer it to Europe with the biggest armored galleons - irresistible for buccaneers.
  • A small hint for me on this topic - The ferryman at the freeport wearing a british royal navy officers uniform(commander or captain)of the late 18th century.One can buy this as a skin.

I'm playing on my PVE server160slots with our community,therefore it's not so easy to estimate what PVP fans prefer in the case and their opinion is essential because the focus is on PVP.

This game has really great potential , it's a mix of fantasy and reality aspects,so it's difficult to predict what the developers will focus on in the future.

In conclusion , it is the affair of the developers anyway and i wish them many good creative hours (they proved it with ark)

Edited by Terra Incocnita
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Personally really like this idea, I think that a lot of the aspects that made pirates great were the interactions made between them and the various countries navy. I've got a few questions I'd personally pose to the idea.

• What country is the dominating navy in the ATLAS universe? Britain, Spain, France? or a fictional country created by the developers, I think the developers would be more inclined to create their own faction in the future rather then adopt the Royal Navy.
  • Would you be able to choose not to be a pirate? befriending the navy as protection from the more hostile groups would be beneficial to the player whom seeks a more PVE experience living a merchant life under the protections of the naval units that roam the ATLAS seas. While the pirates would be engaging in wars with the naval units that their karma has collectively turned against them, possibly boosting more gold for the pirates if they're able to fight naval fleets and repel incoming ground invasion from the naval units. I think a lot of these ideas would tide down the battles involving the larger companies because they would have more on their plates rather then a massive war between two of the biggest company alliances in the game.

I think this post at least deserves a little traction, but most of the player base seems to be more focused on the PVP aspect of the game. Rather then pushing the development of the game forward as a whole for the better, time after time again I've been told that you're on a PVP server and should expect 'Join or die!' but that's hardly ever the case, PVP is just the option to participate, not something that should be forced onto you. The aspect of a naval menace/possible friend? would mitigate the losses and calm the storm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well thank you Figment.

The naval power could be purely fictional,but of course in the suitable style of the 17th and 18th century.

Edited by Terra Incocnita
  • Thanks 1

Instead of one faction being added I think several should be added.  I would go into length about this, but some other time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Slash78 said:

Instead of one faction being added I think several should be added.  I would go into length about this, but some other time.

Thanks.I'm looking forward to what you've thought to deepen the topic.But take your time.