Sign in to follow this  
Strider

Render Distance

Can we get increased rendering distance and speed please? I am certain this kills more ships than Offline raiders and hackers.

Hm. I don’t agree with that. Sure if you have a Gally at full speed and you’re on your phone, you look back up and you ram into a red SoTD because the turning radius is shit, but then you have a gally so you kill the SoTD easily. As for people with less of a rig, you can up the render distance pretty high whilst on sea since it doesn’t eat much there. All the other ships like the sloop and brig are that manouverable that they easily avoid anything they want. Unless ofcourse the people living in the grid don’t control the SoTD, then you can be in a bad situation. Or if they have too much weight on them, but that’s the risk you’re taking! 

Edited by Percieval

Every time they optimize they seem to reduce the servers ability to send data. Hence why everything loads so slow. 60kb/sec is "epic" setting. I guess it´s more to do with the limitation of the discount hosting company. Same reason why the servers can´t really handle 50 people either.

This has nothing to do with peoples rigs or client performance. It´s a pure network and server limitation.

Edited by Shintai

12 minutes ago, Percieval said:

*snip* Blablablabla... unless ofcourse the people living in the grid don’t control the SoTD, then you can be in a bad situation. Blablablabla... *snip*

No one controls  Sotd for BP we own since day three and  trash loot we dont need (10 gold)...waste of cannon balls, waste of time.

Logic isnt everyone's thing.

Edited by Chett

SOTD respawns anyway, you could use a 1000 cannon balls on nothing daily.

Just as clearing the land for predators, only to see them roam there again 10-15 minutes later.

Edited by Shintai

25 minutes ago, Chett said:

No one controls  Sotd for BP we own since day three and  trash loot we dont need (10 gold)...waste of cannon balls, waste of time.

Logic isnt everyone's thing.

Logic as in reading? I never said that. This is the third time you’re thinking I said something I didn’t. I get from this comment that you either don’t play the game, or don’t play PvP since all the companies I know, control them. Another fine example you’re just here to troll. 

Edited by Percieval

When close to shore even at 25% sail some things aren't rendering in quickly at all, i've found myself being stopped for no reason for 10-15 seconds then a shipyard spawns in. Ships still aren't spawning in very quickly either, there was a patch about this recently i do believe as well.