Sign in to follow this  
SGFTI

So is there going to be a server wipe?

Forget the wipe . Just make a seperate pvp server with fast travel limited to within the zone you are in.

Let population decide . 

I guarantee we will see one server population rise very fast over the next months coupled with the new claim system .

If one dies..so be it  

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Paragraphs are your friend. Giant wall of text with no separation not reader friendly.

A wipe is also easier for old players with new content.

11 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Forget the wipe . Just make a seperate pvp server with fast travel limited to within the zone you are in.

Let population decide . 

I guarantee we will see one server population rise very fast over the next months coupled with the new claim system .

If one dies..so be it  

This is probably currently too expensive to set up more servers?

Well.. The  answer should be obvious.

People dont want to play in giant blobs with annoying discords and bossy nerds barking orders.

They dont want zergy teleporting gameplay with no immersion or economy.

They want the massive mmo that was advertised.

And pvpers certainly dont want skill to be trumped by a zergs ability to magically teleport across the map..why have a map that size in the first place?

Right now the game is not about intelligence , or skill, it's about mass recruiting, mass harvesting, and who can tolerate the most annoying retards in voice chat.

Who the fuck wants that?

10 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Who the fuck wants that?

People that want ark and think it is ark with another name and Dev people that give them that feeling. It is not even close to eve what they try to be.

There is another thing,

There is no point in wiping the servers unless they have proper measures in the game to stop all the exploits. once they deal with the exploits aka aim botters dupers and esp then they can wipe . yes i have changed my stance on the wipe. nut it must be a wipe and adding in a hell of a lot of content to even think about getting people back.

the game is turning in to dark and light. also stop pandering to the mega companies and you tubers. 

My guess is that there will not be a wipe.

You could remove all current claims without a wipe. You could replace the current claim system without a wipe. You could reduce tribe/company size without a wipe. You could remove all ships and structures of people that stopped logging in without a wipe. You could make all kinds of changes without a wipe.

But now that we have lost 80% of the player base, what would happen if we did a wipe and reset all of those that remain toons to zero? Well, I play a lot. I have played since the start. I have toons on NA pvp and pve. I even have one on EU. If I lost all my points, my skills, my levels, my structures, my ships, my 30 tames. I'd be pissed. I don't think I'd do the whole grind again. I'd guess many think the same way.

• Like 3

On 2/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, SGFTI said:

So I've heard behind closed doors Jat has talked to players and told them there may be a server wipe coming up soon along with a major patch.

How about instead of just talking to certain people and letting the rumor spread, you disclose this to entire community so we can all be on the same page? 

I'd like details of the likelihood of a wipe, when it would occur, what would and wouldn't transfer over, etc. Do I keep my discovery points and level? Or is this a complete and utter wipe? 

Anything anyone tells you cant be substantiated.  There is a dev Live stream tomorrow talking about the plans for the March patch. That is where you need to get your infromation. Players are notorious for hearsay and lies to rile up the community 

Edited by Pax

On 2/27/2019 at 1:35 PM, Pax said:

Anything anyone tells you cant be substantiated.  There is a dev Live stream tomorrow talking about the plans for the March patch. That is where you need to get your infromation. Players are notorious for hearsay and lies to rile up the community 

Wasn't lies though, was it. 

On 3/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, SGFTI said:

Wasn't lies though, was it. 

9 times out of ten they do. Noone knew for sure before that stream went out.

6 minutes ago, Pax said:

9 times out of ten they do. Noone knew for sure before that stream went out.

Yeah people like to say nobody knows for sure, but sometimes things are just so obvious that you really do know for sure

On 2/27/2019 at 6:03 PM, Back Stabbath said:

Well.. The  answer should be obvious.

People dont want to play in giant blobs with annoying discords and bossy nerds barking orders.

They dont want zergy teleporting gameplay with no immersion or economy.

They want the massive mmo that was advertised.

And pvpers certainly dont want skill to be trumped by a zergs ability to magically teleport across the map..why have a map that size in the first place?

Right now the game is not about intelligence , or skill, it's about mass recruiting, mass harvesting, and who can tolerate the most annoying retards in voice chat.

Who the fuck wants that?

The answer : Estimated 85% of the forum participants want that (if you analyse the comments, i did)