Sign in to follow this  
SGFTI

So is there going to be a server wipe?

So I've heard behind closed doors Jat has talked to players and told them there may be a server wipe coming up soon along with a major patch.

How about instead of just talking to certain people and letting the rumor spread, you disclose this to entire community so we can all be on the same page? 

I'd like details of the likelihood of a wipe, when it would occur, what would and wouldn't transfer over, etc. Do I keep my discovery points and level? Or is this a complete and utter wipe? 

Actually, I'd rather not know. As soon as a wipe is announced, the majority of people will stop logging in until it happens, and a lot of people will lose interest during that time and not come back afterwards/

• Like 3

if tehy wiped now the game would be dead far too many would leave 

If wipe happens it will be an entire clean server. You wont to keep any level or discovery points as it is a wipe.

But if it happens only new players will play the game because all those who are playing aince day 1 will lose everything they have, so they'll probably quit. Because its a real pain to build mythical and legendary galleons as small companies and armors as well.

3 hours ago, SGFTI said:

So I've heard behind closed doors Jat has talked to players and told them there may be a server wipe coming up soon along with a major patch.

How about instead of just talking to certain people and letting the rumor spread, you disclose this to entire community so we can all be on the same page? 

I'd like details of the likelihood of a wipe, when it would occur, what would and wouldn't transfer over, etc. Do I keep my discovery points and level? Or is this a complete and utter wipe? 

So I've heard behind closed doors that Buster the Wonder Horse sells meth to children in exchange for magic beans which he'll use to grow giant Venus Fly Trap death plants and take over the world.

Rumors are just that. Rumors. If you like the game, play the game. If a server wipe happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then anyone who changed their behavior based on a rumor will have wasted their own time for no good reason. It's all house money anyway; no wipe is guaranteed but the most likely scenario involves a wipe at game launch.  In any event it seems unlikely the game will proceed from it's present state to full release with no wipes at all. That is not a scenario I would put money on. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If a wipe happens, it happens. But, for the love of all that is fuzzy and nippled, put claim grids in if it does.,,,and take that time to tweak the grade of the ocean floor around shorelines a little bit. Entirely too much coastline goes from knee deep to the marianas trench at a 85 degree angle.

Also, just a wipe of claims and structures, that doesn't wipe the players levels/companies/etc wouldn't be quite as devastating on the playerbase, imo.

Edited by MeatSammich

9 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

Also, just a wipe of claims and structures, that doesn't wipe the players levels/companies/etc wouldn't be quite as devastating on the playerbase, imo.

Depending what changes they do to the claim system - like if they do the non-overlapping claim grid a lot of people want - a map wipe might be required. Let people keep their levels and discovery points, do some marketing hype, make the new claim system real good, and this might save the game.

Wipe.....ok. 

Day 1. Run, run, run  for land

Day 2. I have Land. Now this Game is great

Day 2. I don't have Land. This Game sucks. Game need a wipe!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gorion said:

Wipe.....ok. 

Probably yes. Unless they come up with the most majestic claim system in history. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gorion said:

Wipe.....ok. 

It will be even more detailed now.  Best land with metal nodes etc taken, quit!

People don't want to live on just "land" anymore, they want more.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Probably yes. Unless they come up with the most majestic claim system in history. 

Whatever they do, claim system will have flaws.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Vegetto said:

Whatever they do, claim system will have flaws.

Yes, and we’ve been seeing that since day 1. You can’t make everyone happy. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes, and we’ve been seeing that since day 1. You can’t make everyone happy. 

Yep, their main focus for this game is you play with friends or make friends and be a part of a company. But not everyone wants to play with other people. If they do something for solo players it'll not be good for companies and vice versa.

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

So I've heard behind closed doors that Buster the Wonder Horse sells meth to children in exchange for magic beans which he'll use to grow giant Venus Fly Trap death plants and take over the world.

Rumors are just that. Rumors. If you like the game, play the game. If a server wipe happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then anyone who changed their behavior based on a rumor will have wasted their own time for no good reason. It's all house money anyway; no wipe is guaranteed but the most likely scenario involves a wipe at game launch.  In any event it seems unlikely the game will proceed from it's present state to full release with no wipes at all. That is not a scenario I would put money on. 

It isn't exactly a rumor, not from my perspective anyways, I was being vague because I don't want to call the guy out for having direct conversations with the lead dev when they're leadership in one of the top companies. Don't want to give the illusion of favoritism or collusion. The conversation happened. 

Edited by SGFTI

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I've heard behind closed doors that Buster the Wonder Horse sells meth to children in exchange for magic beans which he'll use to grow giant Venus Fly Trap death plants and take over the world.

Oh no I've been letting him mind my kids for the past 6 months and he told me he had no meth the lying s***. Also numbers are down people are not happy. New system needs to be put in place quick or the game dies in fairness played 400 hrs for 17 quid which is a lot more than I got out of a fully published game 

Edited by IAmAnEasterEgg

Well just the rumor is enough to not waste any more time and go to maintenance mode until we have a yes or no. I love large parts of the game, but for example Powerstones and Explorationpoints are something im not going to do again. Whoever came up with that stupid system in the first place obvioulsy never tried to actually do it. It is NOT fun to visit the same crappy "copy and paste" islands in every grid just to level further.

I get that it is needed to get further along ONCE, but it is way too annoying to do it all over again. Not to mention that im not missing the 2 weeks i spent trying to actually find a place. 

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Pah, thats common knowledge.

2 hours ago, SGFTI said:

It isn't exactly a rumor, not from my perspective anyways, I was being vague because I don't want to call the guy out for having direct conversations with the lead dev when they're leadership in one of the top companies. Don't want to give the illusion of favoritism or collusion. The conversation happened. 

This sounds suspiciously like Ricky Bobby’s use of “with all due respect”.  What you are essentially saying here is “ I don’t wanna call Jat out for showing favoritism by giving inside info to a big company leader but I’m gonna call Jat out for showing favoritism by giving inside info to a big company leader.” If this conversation didn’t happen, then you are spreading false rumors. If it did happen, there is no *illusion* of favoritism or collusion, there is actual favoritism.

What I can’t figure out from where I sit is what you hope to accomplish with this thread. If you are in fact telling the truth and the conversation happened, why would you expect him to own up to it here? If he didn’t want to disclose the information publicly, then why would he respond to your post? If you aren’t expecting a response from Jat, to whom is your question directed, since the rest of the player base clearly knows less than you do about this?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SGFTI said:

A wipe would be a welcome boot to the rest of us who for some odd reason still hangs in. The game would be down to 2000 player peaks after wipe. Hopefully the new servers would be more high powered 5x5 or 4x4 tile servers. But it wouldn´t matter. Dev resources would be gone afterwards. The dev resources are already at a place where the management people in Snail Games and Grapeshot/Wildcard must be thinking hard on where to cut cost. Atlas will never be a success on the likes of ARK. And march month is likely to be brutal on the remaining player base due to the new games coming out.

More than 10 players in a tile these days is the exception, even in weekends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Shintai said:

More than 10 players in a tile these days is the exception, even in weekends.

And that still seems to make the servers buckle. Then again, Nitrado prolly runs them all virtually on one old machine that has parts rented out for other customers aswell 😉

• Like 1

The only reason that I can think of for why there should be a server wipe is power stones. Until a patch a few weeks ago, players basically had infinite keys once they killed the hydra. As a result it was far easier to do the power stones then compared to now, since it didn't matter if you died and lost the key since you would respawn with another.

That said if they do wipe they will probably kill off the remaining player base.

5 hours ago, SGFTI said:

Favoritism and collusion is not an illusion, it is a well known reality. Everybody already knows they have shown favoritism to the Megas and streamers. It’s common knowledge.

what you need to do now is start naming names so you don’t look like you are just spreading gossip. So yes, name of the company and name of the dev also on a timely manner please 

37 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

The only reason that I can think of for why there should be a server wipe is power stones. Until a patch a few weeks ago, players basically had infinite keys once they killed the hydra. As a result it was far easier to do the power stones then compared to now, since it didn't matter if you died and lost the key since you would respawn with another.

That said if they do wipe they will probably kill off the remaining player base.

Well if I know the ark players, and I do know the ark players. Any time a wipe comes or new servers come(same as a wipe) they always have this crazy idea that “this time around I will become alpha”. It is hilarious really. That same people that got squashed will get squashed again and then leave again.

having said that, I do believe a wipe would result in a very brief but pretty high spike in players. However, if the Megas stay(which they always do) what I said above will happen fairly quickly.

There will not be a wipe until they have fixed the claim system, if you see lots of fixes and it smooths out then a wipe may be possible, until that point relax.

He can wipe the official server all he wants, unless he is willing to put in a proper AC engine, and DDOS protections i dont think it will matter. The damage is already done guys. It all happened when they kept allowing the Chinese Companies to dupe on the servers, and use cheats. Not to many are going to go back now. Sadly the game could have been decent.

• Like 1

I hope they do x2 gathering/taming etc. for a week or two after wipe : )))

I mean... to rebuild whole base, all houses structures, tames paddock? AGAIN? : )

Mxj3F2A.jpg

• Thanks 1

Made a thread about it myself, I think there should be a server wipe as long as they've fixed the claims and is a whole new concept rather than spamming them again.

There should have been a server wipe when they changed the system the last time. What they did was allow first time players to go out and spam flags, ok fair enough they get to keep them but when you actually change the system to now allow other players to build on there or not it is moving the goal posts.

Why should they be allowed to keep land and rent it out when new players haven't had that choice? You change the rules like that you have to start over, sorry people didn't like it last time but it isn't a fair game when they do that.

The claim system is broken and until they fix it I am staying on lawless like many others, I have no desire to run around every island on every grid looking for a timer to go down, what a waste of time. You'd be there weeks on end just travelling from 1 grid to the next, no thanks.

When and if they wipe the server and change the system then I will be active and come off lawless, until then I'm staying put.