The Falcon

worst map in the history of maps

Who's idea was it to put red circles on the islands to show claims and then thought it would be a good idea to have your own location marker also in RED.  Not a lot of thought went into that.

How about the ability to turn off the "red circles" so you can actually see the terrain and shape of the island?

Of all the games I have played, this has to be the  worst map ever.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Not to mention if you are constantly being attacked by snakes on the land or just out of stamina while screen flashing red for 10 minutes looking at a map covered in red circles with a red cross that might or might not be there...

Oh come on guys. Yes it is annoying but it’s not like we’re too dumb to not understand to just zoom in and look at the center. But ye, turning off the colors would help some people. 

The worst part is it would take about 3 second for someone to change either the "enemy claim" colour or the X colour. Yet here we are.

7 hours ago, Percieval said:

Oh come on guys. Yes it is annoying but it’s not like we’re too dumb to not understand to just zoom in and look at the center. But ye, turning off the colors would help some people. 

Yea, sure, there is almost always a annoying work around. Or Devs could simply turn on that dry, little thing in their head and stop fking us with such shit *smile*. I prefer the second option.

Edited by Chett
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chett said:

Yea, sure, there is almost always a annoying work around. Or Devs could simply turn on that dry little thing in their head and stop fking us with such shit *smile*. I prefer the second option.

Annoying work around, it maybe differs 2 seconds. People are exaggerating hard on this. 

What is quite amazing though is that even after 2 months the devs have still yet to work this out, that a red X in a sea of red is maybe slightly possibly hard to see :classic_rolleyes:

It would take them no more then 5 minutes to change a value in a text file to fix this and yet 2 months in they still haven't, however in the next patch we are getting more cosmetic items. Good to see they got their priorities in the right order....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

What is quite amazing though is that even after 2 months the devs have still yet to work this out, that a red X in a sea of red is maybe slightly possibly hard to see :classic_rolleyes:

It would take them no more then 5 minutes to change a value in a text file to fix this and yet 2 months in they still haven't, however in the next patch we are getting more cosmetic items. Good to see they got their priorities in the right order....

This is the sort of thing that makes me roll my eyes whenever I think of their pre Atlas launch statement that they “learned so many lessons from Ark”. This red on red thing is the sort of thing that internal testing and QA should catch long before it ever goes to live servers and that’s only if nobody on the actual design team has a common sense moment and catches it on the front end. It’s another strong indicator that one of their weaknesses stems from apparently not playing their own game much because if they did this would jump out at them as an easy fix fast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

This is the sort of thing that makes me roll my eyes whenever I think of their pre Atlas launch statement that they “learned so many lessons from Ark”. This red on red thing is the sort of thing that internal testing and QA should catch long before it ever goes to live servers and that’s only if nobody on the actual design team has a common sense moment and catches it on the front end. It’s another strong indicator that one of their weaknesses stems from apparently not playing their own game much because if they did this would jump out at them as an easy fix fast.

There are other games in recent news that suffer this same fate.  It's frustrating because some of the smallest QoL things can make some huge impact on game play, I've actually lost tames because i was pulled off my lion not far from my ship and had our only bear there, on passive accidentally, and couldn't figure out where i was in relation to where i got killed because of the map.

If there isn't enough time in a day, or you just need extra people to play the heck out of early versions of patches i already have a day job but always up for a side hustle!

Edited by trqfreak350

At least there will be NPC's in the Freeport that can change your tattoo for a small fee!  Not to mention all the other cosmetics so I can look good while getting screwed by the game.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

a·maz·ing

causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.

Really?... There are much bigger fish to fry and 2 months is nothing in terms of development.

Just now, Nari said:

There are much bigger fish to fry and 2 months is nothing in terms of development.

This legit complain 'bout the red in red cross shows one thing - if u cant even think thru the small things (as a Dev), what to expect from the "bigger fish to fry"...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Hey boomer, hear me out for a sec. now when they first announced atlas as a stand alone I wasn’t too happy about it, but when I saw jeremy himself(who I hate) say they learned from their mistakes, I actually was happy. Turns out I was actually pretty excited for atlas in the very beginning. Talking before launch. My first big red flag though was when Jeremy(ego maniac) starting tweeting. The funny thing about the tweets was that he would tweet a whole paragraph(mind you he hadn’t tweeted anything for over 6 months) and then all of a sudden atlas would tweet the same exact paragraph with the pictures just minutes later.

the thing with Jeremy is, he wants the thunder. Even if he takes it from his own game. After the 5th tweet that was just like that I started saying “god damn it”. Once the delays started hitting, I said “ok, let’s still just try”. The crucial point here and very important is to start looking for the wording that is being used on announcements. Once again I have over 3 years of seeing every announcement and every trend.

lastly, I am looking at certain changes that are being made to the game. The only thing they have learned is that people were mad they they didn’t do optimizations in ark and just pushed out content. So yeah they are trying to do the opposite this time. This is actually very stupid this time around because in all reality they should have done more optimizations with ark and less content, and more content with atlas and less optimizations. 

This is EA so you have to expect less optimization. But if people get bored then optimizations really don’t matter. These guys really don’t know what they are doing. Sucks but it is true.

sure I’ll still play it on console but that is because I am used to a broken ass game. If I didn’t want to deal with bugs I wouldn’t have played ark for as long as I did.

these guys though. Smh. 

Swear to god if it does come to console you will never see me on here talking about any bugs. That is because I know the bugs will stay through EA and official release. You just deal with it

43 minutes ago, Nari said:

a·maz·ing

causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.

Really?... There are much bigger fish to fry and 2 months is nothing in terms of development.

Come on nari, really? You talked crap to the guy that had a very good complaint. Talk crap to me all you want, but red on red is just stupid. I mean really, it’s common sense man.

There is alot more they could do with the map, which I hope they expand on soon.

I've said the same thing from day 1, I noticed the problem back then because I kept getting lost trying to look for my red x. I have no idea why they haven't changed it by now.

I'm hoping they add things like marker, so we can mark location, other players in your company marked on the map, no idea where they are. I'd also like some sort of log where I can write down what resources is on what island, or we could put pins on the map to mark where metal etc is.

So many things they could do, it's very basic at the moment but certainly needs looking at.

You know, it's possible to report QoL issues without sounding like a spoiled brat 🙄

I hate how people just feel they need to be so toxic towards wildcard games, dispite the fact they play them exclusively for thousands of hours....... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smash said:

You know, it's possible to report QoL issues without sounding like a spoiled brat 🙄

I hate how people just feel they need to be so toxic towards wildcard games, dispite the fact they play them exclusively for thousands of hours....... 

I guess if you feel like being are being toxic then they are being toxic. Which is cool. Some people do tend to confuse toxic with passionate though. Just saying. Believe me if they really wanted the game to fail they wouldn’t actually be “toxic” as you are describing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smash said:

What's toxic about pointing out something that even a three year old would tell you is dumb?  Don't overuse buzzwords just because they're popular.

And the truth of the matter is... It's a really boneheaded move to make the player marker the same color as something that will be used in large sections of the map.  In other words, the three main colors that the player marker should not use are...  Red, Green, Blue.  I hope I don't have to explain why.

Togglabe with decent colour and flag border/position (of your territory) would be the best

23 hours ago, Percieval said:

Annoying work around, it maybe differs 2 seconds. People are exaggerating hard on this. 

I didn't know there was a workaround, can you share? thanks

1 hour ago, Alasson said:

I didn't know there was a workaround, can you share? thanks

Said it 1 post before I believe. 

At least we all now have an insight into how colourblind people feel 🙂

(Which makes me wonder how people with Red-Green colour blindness cope with the whole claim system)

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

Said it 1 post before I believe. 

how to change claim colour ? I don't find it ._. maybe i'm blind

55 minutes ago, Alasson said:

how to change claim colour ? I don't find it ._. maybe i'm blind

There is none.