Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

Unable to do treasure maps

Today I had 4 maps that I was unable to do because they were behind closed gates.

A company called Black Beard has placed big structures and gates all over an island leaving most of it inaccessible.

This is the second weekend i've had to give up maps because some idiots find it acceptable to put gates up like this. I'm not the only person  to be unhappy as I've seen others in game chat saying so.

I always ask nicely in chat can I please get behind your gate but this is second week that they ignored with no response. The timer saying they were on so they're obviously active (lawless) 

Is there nothing that can be done? Whether its changing the way maps work and not allow structures to be placed or punish these people. I have no problem if they leave gates unlocked or even have double gates, first unlocked for maps and lock another further back.

This company Black Beard knows where the maps are, they've had plenty of unhappy people in chat. Its just not right we have to give up these maps

I always take my tiger with me (solo) so i don't use weapons otherwise i might climb over but taking a tiger over top is not possible. These maps need to be looked at.

• Like 1

It's a pirate game. Pirates in history did only acceptable things. There were cuddly and polite. They thought of others and always earned what they got. I agree. These pirates are being rude!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mythathos said:

It's a pirate game. Pirates in history did only acceptable things. There were cuddly and polite. They thought of others and always earned what they got. I agree. These pirates are being rude!

Is that the same pirates luring SOTD into your ships? Is it the same pirates that hang off your ladder full of weight? 

I guarantee if either of these things happened to you you would not be saying "its only a pirate game"

The game is for everyone and people shouldn't be penalised from doing maps because of big gates all over. If we went on your logic I'd put gates all around outskirts of island not allowing you on it, hey its only pirate game. 

54 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Is that the same pirates luring SOTD into your ships? Is it the same pirates that hang off your ladder full of weight? 

I guarantee if either of these things happened to you you would not be saying "its only a pirate game"

The game is for everyone and people shouldn't be penalised from doing maps because of big gates all over. If we went on your logic I'd put gates all around outskirts of island not allowing you on it, hey its only pirate game. 

It is the very same experience I've had, except all these complaints have been patched. 

During double weekends I can tame 30 bears ostrich elephants.. farm the materials for 2 galleons in 5 hours. Earn 2500g in an hour any day of the week. I don't understand what you were expecting in a pirate game in early access.

If it gets wrecked. Rebuild. End of story. Trolls get off on your reactions. This post just shows me they're winning.

Edited by Mythathos

Maybe for you its the end of story. Others would like the problems fixed. What did I expect from a pirate game in EA? Nothing more than I got really, but this IS a problem, and it should be solved.
Secondly, you dont need to lie about your numbers to make it seem like you know what your talking about. You cannot farm 240k wood in 5 hours. And your 2500g in any hour conveniently leaves out the time it takes to find enough maps to make that much, as well as sailing time between islands. Bit disingenuous.
Its not working, so fix it. End of story.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rapier2012 said:

Maybe for you its the end of story. Others would like the problems fixed. What did I expect from a pirate game in EA? Nothing more than I got really, but this IS a problem, and it should be solved.
Secondly, you dont need to lie about your numbers to make it seem like you know what your talking about. You cannot farm 240k wood in 5 hours. And your 2500g in any hour conveniently leaves out the time it takes to find enough maps to make that much, as well as sailing time between islands. Bit disingenuous.

I certainly can farm 240k wood between 2 elephants in 5 hours. 

I also never mentioned maps when I said 2500g. You get 1400-1500g for killing 1 monstrous blue whale and it only takes 2 people. 1 driver and a single person in a ballista roughly 30-45 shots to take one down at drive-by speed.

As far as people wanting things fixed, well they are being fixed. People can't sink your ships by climbing your ladder, which you can raise by whistling at your rudder Y & U. SotD no longer for upon ships unless they were targeted and fired upon by them. 

So, get your binky out, man up and leave that tear ridden safe space where your can't grasp that something is possible simply because you can't or don't understand how it's done.

Fair enough on the gold. Still call bullshit on your wood farm. Transfer alone of 240k to a place where it wasnt weighing down your elephants would take about 30 minutes for that load. Now if you had an extra person sure. But you didnt include that information and it certainly isnt implied when you say YOU can do this.

4 minutes ago, Rapier2012 said:

Fair enough on the gold. Still call bullshit on your wood farm. Transfer alone of 240k to a place where it wasnt weighing down your elephants would take about 30 minutes for that load. Now if you had an extra person sure. But you didnt include that information and it certainly isnt implied when you say YOU can do this.

with a 180%melee elephant with 6500 weight, it's entirely doable, we have a walk up to our resource bin on our island, and i farmed 100k within a few hours, it's the thatch that becomes the time sink, also i got 5,000 gold per map that i did tonight, with the best journeyman giving me 6600 both in C4 3 tiles from my place. 

100k in 3 hours I can see slightly doable, but thats part of the point. The wood alone is going to take more than the 5 hours, and thatch. Discount fibre cause bear. I accidently get 100k of that lol. And while its not alot of metal, you still need a small bit of that as well. 
And what level elephant is that? my 28 wild with 25 levels so far only has 3900 weight and 131 melee. Slightly jealous lol.
Ive had shit luck with maps lately. 4s giving 100, or 17s that are 7 grids away. Im not saying it isnt possible to do what he claimed, and definitely if you average it you could do it. but to pull it out whenever he wants is a bit of a stretch. Except he was referring to whales and I was wrong.

49 minutes ago, Rapier2012 said:

100k in 3 hours I can see slightly doable, but thats part of the point. The wood alone is going to take more than the 5 hours, and thatch. Discount fibre cause bear. I accidently get 100k of that lol. And while its not alot of metal, you still need a small bit of that as well. 
And what level elephant is that? my 28 wild with 25 levels so far only has 3900 weight and 131 melee. Slightly jealous lol.
Ive had shit luck with maps lately. 4s giving 100, or 17s that are 7 grids away. Im not saying it isnt possible to do what he claimed, and definitely if you average it you could do it. but to pull it out whenever he wants is a bit of a stretch. Except he was referring to whales and I was wrong.

honestly i don't bother with anything less than a journeyman, and typically quality 15+ which i find very frequently, i ride around on a horse around our island a few times a week. our elephants... they are prime, i'll sell you a few good ones if you are on NA-PvE. Steve is a level 71 he was a 37 wild if i remember correctly, but we just got a new one that is 160% melee, and 2500 weight tamed at 43. 

Hopefully this will be fixed by the intro of player mods that can come and deal with these situations, forcing black beards to open their gates or if they refuse destroy them. The suggestion is bouncing around with Dollie and Jat so hopefully it will come to fruition 

• Like 1

Bring with climbing picks, they work great! We had it happened too and climbing picks let you climb over big gates and walls. You'll have to clear the Damned Dead old school style and without ad from animals but it's a rush that you need once in a while. If you die? Make sure you have backups to get your gear back or, enough ppl to do the map in the first place. And when in Lawless check if their 4 days have been up and demolish what's in yer way matey. aaahhhrrrr!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rapier2012 said:

I'll  make you a YouTube video on timelapse, but you may want to sit down because it's obviously gonna be difficult for you to grasp reality. I'm not sure your mind can handle the truth.

21 hours ago, trqfreak350 said:

honestly i don't bother with anything less than a journeyman, and typically quality 15+ which i find very frequently, i ride around on a horse around our island a few times a week. our elephants... they are prime, i'll sell you a few good ones if you are on NA-PvE. Steve is a level 71 he was a 37 wild if i remember correctly, but we just got a new one that is 160% melee, and 2500 weight tamed at 43. 

Im on EU, NA server kicked about half my group and wouldnt let us on in the first few weeks, so we came across the ocean and never left. I forgot wild takes into account the bonus levels, and thought mine should be alot closer to yours, though I sunk probably 5-10 levels in health and i think a few into stamina as well. I wasnt aware melee damage made such a difference, my test with a purple scythe over a regular one showed no noticeable results. But definitely noticed in when I tested with the elephants.
Not sure whats up with our maps. I get about 3 a week around our island anymore. Might have something to do with 2-3 players in our area at peak, but no real way to test. Still salty about losing a masterwork due to the falling off a boat while offline glitch. Picked it up doing another map, and it was 2 grids away from my home.

Edited by Rapier2012

On 2/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, Rapier2012 said:

actually u can farm that ammount of wood without a problem . for the gold aswell u stack maps only on 1 grid easy peasy we did 1.5k in 20 mins without x2

Edited by hiddenftw

on the gold note. my island in A12 (big one) spawns 90% of maps for the smaller island in the grid, most have 50-300 gold but when you travel less than 5 mins after collecting maps for 2-3 days you can easily grab 5k gold easily in less than an hour of  actual map farming

2 minutes ago, wakkytabbaky said:

on the gold note. my island in A12 (big one) spawns 90% of maps for the smaller island in the grid, most have 50-300 gold but when you travel less than 5 mins after collecting maps for 2-3 days you can easily grab 5k gold easily in less than an hour of  actual map farming

Sure, but the time needed for collecting needs to be accounted if your going to say you can do it at any hour you want. Stocking up on materials and blowing some out in an hour is definitely doable, but thats not what Im talking about.

Just now, Rapier2012 said:

Sure, but the time needed for collecting needs to be accounted if your going to say you can do it at any hour you want. Stocking up on materials and blowing some out in an hour is definitely doable, but thats not what Im talking about.

yea i get that, it just all depends where you are located really , my grid makes it super easy to accumulate gold where other grids are super hard to get alot, resource wise i just take an animal or a mace and one shot 75% of the spawned mobs with a power attack as they become active so they never really do any dmg. with respec at freeports now its alot easier to build tank if you are doing a hell of a lot of maps

On 2/24/2019 at 12:35 PM, trqfreak350 said:

with a 180%melee elephant with 6500 weight, it's entirely doable, we have a walk up to our resource bin on our island, and i farmed 100k within a few hours, it's the thatch that becomes the time sink, also i got 5,000 gold per map that i did tonight, with the best journeyman giving me 6600 both in C4 3 tiles from my place. 

180% Melee with 6.5k weight??? 

Private server.

Edited by Puppies4ever
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, trqfreak350 said:

I ride around the island on my horse also and pick up all the maps I find, I do several laps over the days leading upto the weekend, I only do maps on X2 weekend.

As for the amount you get it just isn't worth going for the far away treasure because while you sail several grids to get 5000G I can do about 8 lower level maps in my own grid to get the same amount if not more.

I've just done alot of maps today in my grid and got 13,000G so to me it just isn't worth sailing for god knows how many hours just to pick up 2k - 5k. I would certainly do them if they increased the gold for them but it would have to be a hell of alot to travel far out for it. At the moment though gold is useless apart from paying NPC and upgrading etc, I have enough gold to last a long long time.

If the recent talk of a server wipe is immanent I suppose the gold won't matter anyway.

8 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I ride around the island on my horse also and pick up all the maps I find, I do several laps over the days leading upto the weekend, I only do maps on X2 weekend.

As for the amount you get it just isn't worth going for the far away treasure because while you sail several grids to get 5000G I can do about 8 lower level maps in my own grid to get the same amount if not more.

I've just done alot of maps today in my grid and got 13,000G so to me it just isn't worth sailing for god knows how many hours just to pick up 2k - 5k. I would certainly do them if they increased the gold for them but it would have to be a hell of alot to travel far out for it. At the moment though gold is useless apart from paying NPC and upgrading etc, I have enough gold to last a long long time.

If the recent talk of a server wipe is immanent I suppose the gold won't matter anyway.

Can somewhat agree, though I love sailing. So I get alot of enjoyment out of those long trips for high level maps. Mostly Im looking for the blueprints at this point.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 2:05 AM, Rapier2012 said:

Can somewhat agree, though I love sailing. So I get alot of enjoyment out of those long trips for high level maps. Mostly Im looking for the blueprints at this point.

I sort of agree as well... I quite like sailing, and as WE (our band of merry men) have a Brig house boat, it's basically a floating base with everything on it RP ftw?  Landing at a new island on the boat is always an exciting moment, and we use the opportunity to stock up on alternative materials for cooking up BP items.

On 2/25/2019 at 5:28 PM, DannyUK said:

Gold is far from useless if you plan on making higher quality items. The amount of time saved by just buying the resources from freeport is massive