Sign in to follow this  
uaf

Gold / SOTD taxation

Can we please have taxation on treasures and SOTD drops removed ? Tax the land, not the treasures / SOTDs. I understand you claimed a whole island and you are protecting your resources or what not, I don't mind that, tax it 30% all you want (as long as there are lawless this shouldn't bother anybody), but for crying out loud, remove taxation from treasures and SOTD drops.. I really REALLY don't want to travel half the map and risk life and limb to end up on a spot where my treasure is by chance on a 30% taxation or I kill a SOTD on a sea of flag spamming the ocean.

Hope the new flag system will also take this into account as it's pretty frustrating. 

In my opinion, taxation should be just set to a flat 10-15%, BUT, it shouldn't come out of the treasure map/harvest/whatever. Instead, it would just generate that resource for the landowner. You harvested 1000 wood on someone elses land, you get 1000 wood, they get 150 in the bank. You dig up a treasure worth 2000 gold, you get 2000 gold, they get 300 gold in their bank. It would address a medium-sized point of contention with most people, still give the landowners their cut for the use/temporary loss of their resources, and not make the other people lose anything.

4 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

I dunno rightnow the sotd numbers need to be reduced. More of them then a zones population

Yea, the amount of sotd is so much that we maxed out our brig by destroying only sotd near our area. This is absurd.

7 hours ago, uaf said:

Can we please have taxation on treasures and SOTD drops removed ? Tax the land, not the treasures / SOTDs. I understand you claimed a whole island and you are protecting your resources or what not, I don't mind that, tax it 30% all you want (as long as there are lawless this shouldn't bother anybody), but for crying out loud, remove taxation from treasures and SOTD drops.. I really REALLY don't want to travel half the map and risk life and limb to end up on a spot where my treasure is by chance on a 30% taxation or I kill a SOTD on a sea of flag spamming the ocean.

Hope the new flag system will also take this into account as it's pretty frustrating. 

Ah, but what would their motivation be to not do their best to completely block you from getting to the treasure?

Just joking, sort of. But yes, I agree, why do they get some of the treasure you find just because it is on land they claimed. Doesn't really sound like a thing a pirate would agree to.

The test for features should be that you ask the question: "What would Blackbeard do?" If he wouldn't pay taxes, then why should we in this game?

Agree it´s silly. Specially since treasure always spawn around the same areas. So when you first have those "fixed" areas, you get a buttload of gold. Sea claims ensure you get "free ammo" and a tad of gold.

But again as one already stated, the Devs made land claim into a competition where you cant get enough.

The sea claims should be removed since they make little to no sense. The land claims though are valid and make perfect sense for taxing treasure hunting.