Sign in to follow this  
Cantore

STOP the waterclaim overlap bug!

This is the MOST annoying thing in the game: People who use water claims to overlap and spam  your claim when your claim was there first! I can't place a LAND claim anywhere near another claim, so why are they allowed to overlap using water claims?! Even worse, WHY are they allowed to build on MY LAND?!

• Like 1

change company build only in the clan governance tabs it overides the flags

10 hours ago, Cantore said:

This is the MOST annoying thing in the game: People who use water claims to overlap and spam  your claim when your claim was there first! I can't place a LAND claim anywhere near another claim, so why are they allowed to overlap using water claims?! Even worse, WHY are they allowed to build on MY LAND?!

With the recent updates claims are only allowed to overlap if they are placed to contest a existing claim. Placing a claim in the water cannot occur without this exception. 

I have literally 2 witnessed accounts of this occurrences in less than a week. So,  you are incorrect. Water claims can somehow STILL overlap your land, and they can STILL build on your land.

Oh, and for the record - I have building off, and so did the other guy on this island who had the same thing happen.

Edited by Cantore

No offense bud, but every post I see you put up is crying about the game and the mechanics. If you have that many complaints, try a different game. Atlas is not your speed.

11 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

No offense bud, but every post I see you put up is crying about the game and the mechanics. If you have that many complaints, try a different game. Atlas is not your speed.

No offense bud, but these forums are ALSO for addressing problems in an Early Access. If this were a finished game, you might be fair in your assessment of my posts. But, it's not, so I could care a less what you have to say.

Edited by Cantore

Addressing problems, yes. Whining about every aspect no. Reporting bugs, yes. Crying that a galleon turn radius is slower than a Briggs, no. See the difference? Glitches and issues are one thing. Whining about every aspect that should be reasonably expected ( like the biggest boat in the game having a huge turn radius should be expected). Stupid non issues like this take away from real addressable issues with an early release. Just reminder about the story of the boy who cried wolf....

12 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Addressing problems, yes. Whining about every aspect no. Reporting bugs, yes. Crying that a galleon turn radius is slower than a Briggs, no. See the difference? Glitches and issues are one thing. Whining about every aspect that should be reasonably expected ( like the biggest boat in the game having a huge turn radius should be expected). Stupid non issues like this take away from real addressable issues with an early release. Just reminder about the story of the boy who cried wolf....

Well, opinions are like butts. Everyone's got one. Yours isn't better than mine, and mine isn't better than yours. The fact that you can't respect someone else's observation because they're reporting a game issue in early access speaks volumes of the type of game you're going to get in the future if trolls like you are allowed to bully people into shutting up - an emptier one. I offer my observations, and even report bugs - LIKE THIS ONE - so that the Devs take action so that foundation spammers can't spam land, and so that players - ALL PLAYERS - aren't rage quitting over their galleon's demise from a lvl 5 ghost ship that keeps shooting them because they can't turn to face it once in battle. 

Just because a ship is the biggest in the game, doesn't mean it shouldn't turn. Just because a player can overlap my claim, doesn't mean they should be able to build on my land and grief my resources. These are NOT game mechanics - they're game behavior issues that need to be addressed. It's called EARLY ACCESS, Ranger. If the game were finished, you could say "it's a game mechanic". It's not, so you actually shouldn't be saying that to anyone.

Edited by Cantore

I can attest this has happen to a few of our claims, All of our flags are comp only but people have managed to place sea claims that overlap our land claims.  have had this happen as recent as 2 weeks ago. His sea claim now extends all the way to our land claim flag. a flag that has been there since the first week of the game.

1 hour ago, Cantore said:

Well, opinions are like butts. Everyone's got one. Yours isn't better than mine, and mine isn't better than yours.

i beg to differ my but is pretty damn nice

1 hour ago, Cantore said:

Just because a ship is the biggest in the game, doesn't mean it shouldn't turn. 

Galleon is turning fast enough for its size. It's not supposed to turn as fast as a brig, its more then twice the size...

If you want faster turning use Handling sails, if you want more Speed use speedsails.

2 hours ago, Luck0r said:

Galleon is turning fast enough for its size. It's not supposed to turn as fast as a brig, its more then twice the size...

If you want faster turning use Handling sails, if you want more Speed use speedsails.

Handling sails currently do not speed up the turn rate. They simple open and close quicker, and slightly increase the angle at which you can catch wind while moving against the wind (helpful for not becoming a non-moving target while moving against the wind, but that's about it). I don't compare the Galleon to the Brig, you and so many others who disagree with me seem to take on that assumption. I simply say that the Galleon needs a sharper turn rate.

1 minute ago, Cantore said:

Handling sails currently do not speed up the turn rate. They simple open and close quicker, and slightly increase the angle at which you can catch wind while moving against the wind (helpful for not becoming a non-moving target while moving against the wind, but that's about it). I don't compare the Galleon to the Brig, you and so many others who disagree with me seem to take on that assumption. I simply say that the Galleon needs a sharper turn rate.

Then every other ship needs a sharper turnrate aswell. And then you will be crying on forums again that galleon turns to slow.

30 minutes ago, Luck0r said:

Then every other ship needs a sharper turnrate aswell. And then you will be crying on forums again that galleon turns to slow.

How is stating a fact "crying"? I never ONCE said anything about any other ships' turn rate. This kind of stupidity is why most intelligent people who actually WANT to make the game great STOP POSTING. Its REALLY annoying!