I'm working on a new map a 3x3, that's mean 9 grids total and my main concern is the starting field of the player once they enter the server.

Map Layout:

--     1 Polar Region

--     2 Tundra Region (East and West)

--     2 Temperate Region (East and West)

--     1 Equatorial Region

--     2 Tropical Region (East and West)

--     1 Desert (Low & High)

--     2 Freeport each in those Grid: (0,1) , (0,2) , (1,1) , (1,2) , (2,0) , (2,1) and (2,2)

--     Spawn Region for each starting grid

My Goal:

What I got in mind is to make the player spawn in 7 different grids, when they start on the server. Grid (0,1) , (0,2) , (1,1) , (1,2) , (2,0) , (2,1) and (2,2). I want to give the ability to the player, to start in the region he wants. If he wants to start in the Equatorial Region then he choose grid (1,1), if he want to start in the Desert Region then he will choose grid (2,2) and so on.

Also in the region that they will choose to start in, they will be able to choose from North or South and East or West depending on the grid they are, so 2 freeports in the Starting grids.

What's Next:

--     in order for them to be able to see all the 7 servers should i set all 7 starting grid as home servers?

--     in order for the player to choose a spawn point, you must edit each island by going to the Island Instance and set up each island spawnPointRegionOverride from 0 to 1 (let's say you got 2 freeport). How you set up the grids? I know for a fact that if you set up the 1st freeport to 0 and the 2nd freeport to 1 in the same grid it work but what if you got 2 more freeport in another grid. Should you start over to 0 again, so freeport1 to 0 and freeport2 to 1 for that grid or you set them up to 2 and 3 for those freeport since 0 and 1 is already use in another grid!

Cheers,

Edited by Estharos

Think easiest way is to drag in one of the following islands. 

ID Island Biome Grid
1 Cay _J_EE_E Equatorial (0,1)
2 Cay_K_TR_E Tropical (0,2)
3 Cay_H_WR_E West Tropical (1,1)
4 Mnt_L_CH_E High Desert (1,2)
5 Mnt_F_ET_E Eastern Temperate (2,0)
6 Mnt_J_WT_E Westerm Temperate (2,1)
7 Mnt_A_WU_E Tundra (2,2)

Drag these to desired grids.

Go to Edit -> Edit Spawn Regions. Add the following:

Equatorial Spawn	0,1
Tropical Spawn		0,2
West Tropical Spawn	1,1
High Desert Spawn	1,2
Eastern Temperate Spawn	2,0
Westerm Temperate Spawn	2,1
Tundra Spawn		2,2

I haven't messed anything with spawner override. And been able to get 2 grids to show up in the spawn selection list in the atlas client. 

Edited by duxck
Removed syntax highlight

7 hours ago, duxck said:

Think easiest way is to drag in one of the following islands. 

ID Island Biome Grid
1 Cay _J_EE_E Equatorial (0,1)
2 Cay_K_TR_E Tropical (0,2)
3 Cay_H_WR_E West Tropical (1,1)
4 Mnt_L_CH_E High Desert (1,2)
5 Mnt_F_ET_E Eastern Temperate (2,0)
6 Mnt_J_WT_E Westerm Temperate (2,1)
7 Mnt_A_WU_E Tundra (2,2)

Drag these to desired grids.

Go to Edit -> Edit Spawn Regions. Add the following:

Equatorial Spawn	0,1
Tropical Spawn		0,2
West Tropical Spawn	1,1
High Desert Spawn	1,2
Eastern Temperate Spawn	2,0
Westerm Temperate Spawn	2,1
Tundra Spawn		2,2

I haven't messed anything with spawner override. And been able to get 2 grids to show up in the spawn selection list in the atlas client. 

The map is set up the same way, Spawn Region is set for those grids. The exception is that I got 2 freeport per grid. When you set the Island Instance in the grid editor for the spawnPointRegionOverride. If you take 0,0 grid for example and got 2 freeport in it, you will set the  spawnPointRegionOverride for one of the freeport to 0 and the other freeport to 1. But as I mention above and you got 2 more freeport in another grid or in multiple grids, how will you set the spawnPointRegionOverride of those freeport, you set the spawnPointRegionOverride as 2 and 3 then next grid 4 and 5, or they need to be set as in grid 0,0, to 0 and 1?

Cheers,

2 hours ago, DeepSeaDuo said:

Don't forget to have a grid for the Maw - where the boss fight happens.

I have that on my home server at C3 (on my 5x5) between two freeports and two lawless islands. Haven't figured out if that will make life miserable to new players yet but we'll see 🙂

On 2/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, DeepSeaDuo said:

Don't forget to have a grid for the Maw - where the boss fight happens.

Got 2 grids left for that, one for ghost ship and the other for Kraken.

On 2/24/2019 at 2:39 PM, Estharos said:

The map is set up the same way, Spawn Region is set for those grids. The exception is that I got 2 freeport per grid. When you set the Island Instance in the grid editor for the spawnPointRegionOverride. If you take 0,0 grid for example and got 2 freeport in it, you will set the  spawnPointRegionOverride for one of the freeport to 0 and the other freeport to 1. But as I mention above and you got 2 more freeport in another grid or in multiple grids, how will you set the spawnPointRegionOverride of those freeport, you set the spawnPointRegionOverride as 2 and 3 then next grid 4 and 5, or they need to be set as in grid 0,0, to 0 and 1?

Cheers,

Still need to know how to set up those freeport so they work and player can spawn in those grids.

Cheers,

Edited by Estharos

On 2/24/2019 at 11:51 PM, duxck said:

I have that on my home server at C3 (on my 5x5) between two freeports and two lawless islands. Haven't figured out if that will make life miserable to new players yet but we'll see 🙂

Just realized that placing endboss on a grid where you want islands that has animals is a bad idea. EndBoss breaks all landspawns and your islands wont be populated. had to dedicate an entire grid for it. I am so sad.

did you get an answer or solve this question?

On 2/27/2019 at 2:59 AM, Estharos said:

Got 2 grids left for that, one for ghost ship and the other for Kraken.

Still need to know how to set up those freeport so they work and player can spawn in those grids.

Cheers,

Small