Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

Move these skills please...(bookshelf, note, riding)

Riding needs to be its own branch, either in the survival tree, or its own branch in beast mastery.  

There is no reason to need to be able to tame to be able to ride.

Also, the new note should be in survival so everyone can use it, and the new bookshelf should be in Woodmaking, not stone works.

Of course with how many skill points we end up getting its kinda moot, but for those who are on RP servers or if the skill points ever go back down, it would matter.

Quality of Life skills shouldnt require everyone be a full tamer and a full construction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, archaegeo said:

Riding needs to be its own branch, either in the survival tree, or its own branch in beast mastery.  

Agreed.

the new note should be in survival so everyone can use it

Agreed.

and the new bookshelf should be in Woodmaking, not stone works.

That is not Stoneworks. It is the top tier of home building. I have to side with the devs on this. I can understand what they wanted and am fine with it. Newbie crafters shouldn't be able to make all the nice stuff. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Agreed.

Agreed.

That is not Stoneworks. It is the top tier of home building. I have to side with the devs on this. I can understand what they wanted and am fine with it. Newbie crafters shouldn't be able to make all the nice stuff. 🙂

Its in Esotery, the last skill in building, which is where stone building is too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Its in Esotery, the last skill in building, which is where stone building is too.

And wood elevator, level up some you won't have an issue getting to it if you want it, or trade something to somebody that can make it, or play with people with different skills than yourself. 

45 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

The book shelf should increase map life but it doesn't so no point it being  so high up in the tree.

how many maps are you planning on storing, when i get a 3-4 journeyman, or masterworks worth 1800g each i'm out doing them not storing them for a month.

34 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

And wood elevator, level up some you won't have an issue getting to it if you want it, or trade something to somebody that can make it, or play with people with different skills than yourself. 

how many maps are you planning on storing, when i get a 3-4 journeyman, or masterworks worth 1800g each i'm out doing them not storing them for a month.

Yes, we get it, you play different than we do, still no need for bookshelf to be at same level of effort as stone building.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, archaegeo said:

Yes, we get it, you play different than we do, still no need for bookshelf to be at same level of effort as stone building.

everything needs to be easy.. i get it. less effort more reward.👍

54 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

everything needs to be easy.. i get it. less effort more reward.👍

You're confusing easy with annoying.

Annoying is 5 day maps when you have weekends every 5th day. EZ is hit E and map give you it's rewards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

Annoying is 5 day maps when you have weekends every 5th day. EZ is hit E and map give you it's rewards.

I'm definitely not confused, you want the ability to do maps on every 2x weekend without fail, imagine the people that work on weekend and don't get weekends off to take advantage of that, maybe we should whine that we should have 2x weekdays too, it's just soooooooo annoying that i can't get 2x gold, and 2x xp on days i don't work.

We usually have x2 running Saturday, Sunday, and normally at least half of mondays. There is literally no time you can pick up a map that's not going to have at least a few hours of x2 to do it. If you get the map at noon on monday, as soon as the reset hits, you have until Saturday noon to get it. Thats not even counting the times they let the x2 run until Monday night, or the times they start it Friday afternoon/evening.

I hate doing maps - they bore me stupid(er), but complaining that they're too short of life, when A: They always overlap with x2, and B: They're stupid common to find, isn't the problem with them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, archaegeo said:

No to the first part. yes to the second.

Anyone should be able to get on a tame and ride. What the tree should do is offer bonuses and incentives to those who take it. Reduced stamina drain, better healing, better harvesting, etc.

You don't need to take shipbuilding or captaineering to use the ship, tames should be the same.

6 hours ago, trqfreak350 said:

Not everyone can play or spend 6-7 hours sailing around doing maps all day everyday.

Edited by Ravenguard

3 hours ago, Ravenguard said:

Not everyone can play or spend 6-7 hours sailing around doing maps all day everyday.

It definitely doesn't take that much time, if it's taking you that long to do a few maps i'm sorry.

Edited by trqfreak350

Protip, if you place a map on your hotbar, the timer pauses, even when logged out, so you can keep up to 10 maps for as long as you need

Edited by jabnlab

So ... I have the skill to craft a large storage box, but I don't understand how to build a bookshelf???

Stupid

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

So ... I have the skill to craft a large storage box, but I don't understand how to build a bookshelf???

Stupid

again why should those that dont have the skill points just get everything they want for very little points 

not everything makes sense but why should everything just be handed to you ...bookshelf is fine as it is , maps are fine as they are , if u want to horde maps you are doing it wrong , the timers are there to make sure there is constant rotation of them , takes a few mins riding around any coast to get enough high value maps to go off on any 2x weekend to do them , if you cant manage your time better then its on you ...

I'm not really seeing a justification for the bookshelf being locked so far into the tree.  The Larder isn't very far into the cooking tree, the Ammunition Box isn't that far in.  The Bookshelf doesn't really offer anything that a large storage chest doesn't offer except for storing just maps (and notes?).

I'm not taking a side one way or the other at this point.  But I'm having trouble understanding why it's so far into the tree.  If it did something special with the maps, then I could understand UDO's argument, but it doesn't, so I can't.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UDO said:

again why should those that dont have the skill points just get everything they want for very little points 

not everything makes sense but why should everything just be handed to you ...bookshelf is fine as it is , maps are fine as they are , if u want to horde maps you are doing it wrong , the timers are there to make sure there is constant rotation of them , takes a few mins riding around any coast to get enough high value maps to go off on any 2x weekend to do them , if you cant manage your time better then its on you ...

Has nothing to do with time management. It has everything to do with common sense. Why not put the skill for the Brig first at the lowest level, THEN learn the sloop,THEN give the ability to make the galleon, and finally the schooner?? Why didn't they?? Because that's stupid and makes no sense.

Sure, not every skill progression makes perfect sense, but less complicated things lead to more complicated things. 

The skill to make a bookshelf is LESS complicated than a large cabinet with hinges and a lock and doors.

I never claimed to want anything given to me, just that it makes sense in a logical way. 

Edited by Hattrix

On 2/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, trqfreak350 said:

I'm definitely not confused, you want the ability to do maps on every 2x weekend without fail, imagine the people that work on weekend and don't get weekends off to take advantage of that, maybe we should whine that we should have 2x weekdays too, it's just soooooooo annoying that i can't get 2x gold, and 2x xp on days i don't work.

A: Still not a valid rebuttable.  No one says, for instance "My van shouldn't have this great features because THAT van lacks it too".

B: I'd be fine with them moving to a 2 day 2x bonus you active yourself that regenerates weekly. Then everyone can shut up and game how they like and less people are annoying. I'm all for gaming with less aggravation.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:32 AM, Ravenguard said:

The book shelf should increase map life but it doesn't so no point it being  so high up in the tree.

Agreed.

A: Still not a valid rebuttable.  No one says, for instance "My van shouldn't have this great features because THAT van lacks it too".

B: I'd be fine with them moving to a 2 day 2x bonus you active yourself that regenerates weekly. Then everyone can shut up and game how they like and less people are annoying. I'm all for gaming with less aggravation.

My argument for it working on weekends is exactly the same as him not having 5-6 hours a day to map and get discoveries. 1 hour on Wednesday, is the same amount of time as an hour on Saturday. Van's are an option, careers, and jobs aren't, not sure how that was supposed to fit in, also if you want a better van with better options, get a better job.