Sign in to follow this  
Crete21

Secrets of Atlas you may not have known

One of my favorite posts in every online game forum, is a post about tips and tricks that many people have learned through playing that might not be common knowledge. Its always a great source of info to hear what people have come up with to make the game easier/better:

-In some Temperate grids that don't have crystal, you can dive down and collect Pearls from the sea floor. Hand gathered from the coral looking things. Usually you don't need much so this will save you a trip to another zone! =D

-Bears can gather around 5k thatch a minute (10k/min during 2x)in some Temperate grids just by looking for dead leaves on the ground. C12, C11 confirmed

-You can get the 6th Keratinoid (residue) from killing jellyfish. Also, the 5th type is just named "Keratinoid", you can tell it can be used in blueprints because it will have the little shell icon in the top right corner, and will not stack with "generic" Kera, harvested in freeports or from demolishing that does not have the icon. Typically it is from bugs.

-Pressing "O" while on a ship steering wheel will turn all your ship lanterns on/off.

-Hitting a Cyclops in the eye with a Ballista bolt will do 22,500 damage, and is a one-shot kill. (Dont forget to lewt that Cyclops for about 200 Mythos!)

Edited by Crete21
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Crete21 said:

One of my favorite posts in every online game forum, is a post about tips and tricks that many people have learned through playing that might not be common knowledge. Its always a great source of info to hear what people have come up with to make the game easier/better:

-In some Temperate grids that don't have crystal, you can dive down and collect Pearls from the sea floor. Hand gathered from the coral looking things. Usually you don't need much so this will save you a trip to another zone! =D

-Bears can gather around 5k thatch a minute (10k/min during 2x)in some Temperate grids just by looking for dead leaves on the ground. C12, C11 confirmed

-You can get the 6th Keratinoid (residue) from killing jellyfish. Also, the 5th type is just named "Keratinoid", you can tell it can be used in blueprints because it will have the little shell icon in the top right corner, and will not stack with "generic" Kera, harvested in freeports or from demolishing that does not have the icon. Typically it is from bugs.

-Pressing "O" while on a ship steering wheel will turn all your ship lanterns on/off.

-Hitting a Cyclops in the eye with a Ballista bolt will do 22,500 damage, and is a one-shot kill. (Dont forget to lewt that Cyclops for about 200 Mythos!)

Duping seems to make the game pretty easy. Hacks do wonders as well.

main tip to make things easier would be to tame high level animals though.

• Sad 1

Tips:

Press M to bring up the map - hold the right mouse button to focus on the compass + hold ctl to bring up a camera + left click the mouse to take a picture.  They're saved as Ark .pnt files in \ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MyPaintings

Don't ever try to make a helpful post because @Realist will HAVE to sabotage it.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Don't ever try to make a helpful post because @Realist will HAVE to sabotage it.

Lol, believe it or not, forum trolls usually know the best tips and tricks... does this one? =P

-Leave your animal pens open to the sky, and the meat eaters on Aggressive behavior. Usually they will feed themselves from the birds

-Make a Doorless tame enclosure: To enter, make a ramp with a gap in between the ramp and the wall. Wild animals will not make the jump and will fall outside the wall, but riding a running tame will fall inside the pen. Exit is just a normal ramp. No messing with doors

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Crete21 said:

Lol, believe it or not, forum trolls usually know the best tips and tricks... does this one? =P

Nope, because believe it or not, Realist does not own the game.

12 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

i'd sign a petition to ban him

• Like 1

Just now, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

Every town has it's village idiot. It's an immutable law of physics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Duping seems to make the game pretty easy. Hacks do wonders as well.

For the love of god, please stop with your pointless posts. Nobody cares, nobody wants you here. You're just a sad little guy, who has nothing else to do then spending his time on a forum posting shit posts over all kind of things, lies, made up stories. Just unplug your computer, and never go behind one again.

29 minutes ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

I wouldn’t. Some games require you to own the game in order to register on the game’s official forums. Atlas clearly does not, a fact  which suggests Wildshot is more open to outside criticism than a lot of game developers. If they are willing to let Realist or others like him have their say here when they are footing the bill, who am I to say otherwise? Realist has not to the best of my knowledge run afoul of the Code of Conduct, which is more than I can say for some others.

I think one of the fundamental problems with the society we seem to have become at the moment is a lack of willingness to hear views which differ from our own. I have probably disagreed with Realist as often as anyone on these forums, but that disagreement harms no one, and in reading our differing viewpoints, others may find themselves considering ideas they had not before. In a free and open society that is how it should work. I am perfectly willing to let others weigh the merits of my arguments and his and judge for themselves. To me me this is much to be preferred to banishing people with whom you disagree.

Remember, everyone has a purpose in life, even if that purpose is only to serve as a negative example to others. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I wouldn’t. Some games require you to own the game in order to register on the game’s official forums. Atlas clearly does not, a fact  which suggests Wildshot is more open to outside criticism than a lot of game developers. If they are willing to let Realist or others like him have their say here when they are footing the bill, who am I to say otherwise? Realist has not to the best of my knowledge run afoul of the Code of Conduct, which is more than I can say for some others.

I think one of the fundamental problems with the society we seem to have become at the moment is a lack of willingness to hear views which differ from our own. I have probably disagreed with Realist as often as anyone on these forums, but that disagreement harms no one, and in reading our differing viewpoints, others may find themselves considering ideas they had not before. In a free and open society that is how it should work. I am perfectly willing to let others weigh the merits of my arguments and his and judge for themselves. To me me this is much to be preferred to banishing people with whom you disagree.

Remember, everyone has a purpose in life, even if that purpose is only to serve as a negative example to others. 

it was more meant for a joke and to point out how annoying i think his trolling is most of the time.

i'm ok with other opinions but knowing that he doesn't even own the game and his point of view is based on hear-say and what he reads here or elsewhere makes his statements /posts rather fishy than helpful ;)

4 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Tips:

Press M to bring up the map - hold the right mouse button to focus on the compass + hold ctl to bring up a camera + left click the mouse to take a picture.  They're saved as Ark .pnt files in \ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MyPaintings

1 hour ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

Why are you even here, change your name to realpos maybe?

3 hours ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

it was more meant for a joke and to point out how annoying i think his trolling is most of the time.

i'm ok with other opinions but knowing that he doesn't even own the game and his point of view is based on hear-say and what he reads here or elsewhere makes his statements /posts rather fishy than helpful 😉

Fair enuff.

7 hours ago, Realist said:

Don't give tips when you don't even play the game...

• Haha 1

You can see discovery points as blue spheres when looking thru you spyglass (sometimes).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, archaegeo said:

@Crete21 You coulda just posted here:

Oof, looks like im late to this party. I'll post any of my other tips over there. Meanwhile, feel free to use any of these in your post, if you wanna update

Thx for the heads up