Sign in to follow this  
kyle_phoenix

Devs. you doing something wrong

54 minutes ago, Elmo said:

These posts kill me.  The simple fact of the matter is "It is a work in progress."  Plain and simple ..... released as an early access game and guess what?  If you want access to play what they have, do keep in mind, it is early in development.  I suppose you could muster up some sort of argument as to what stage of early we're in, but, early none the less.  Coming on to the forums and "Crying like a little bitch" about how the game isn't done or this mechanic is broken or numbers are dropping is asinine.  Hell, some small studios fish for money to support their idea for a game with "Go fund me" types of sites.  They have nothing ..... a few drawings, some new innovative mechanic ideas .... maybe a render or two ...... basically nothing.  Would you go to their forums and cry about the game not being playable?  It is silliness .... I imagine the devs are thankful at this point that the population has trimmed down quite a bit from 50k+. 

On a side note, I'm not directly calling the OP a crying little bitch, more of an in general statement.  Not really my style and to be honest his/her post were thought out and remotely logical.  But ...... frack me, Alpha, Beta, EA ... whatever.  Full release is expected to be years away.   

Perhaps it is an attention thing, perhaps it's something else.  

Yeah. Very true. He shouldn’t have just put the website for steam. That part even I don’t get.

i mean the game is failing don’t get me wrong. It definitely is. But he could have went at it a bit better.

the thing is some people on here play a lot of EA games but they haven’t played ark. So no matter what there will be a big misconception as to EA in the first place.

ark was also EA. And worse in the very beginning. But, yes there is a but, ark has always maintained a very clear playerbase.

sone people say well hey there is ups and downs just like any game. Sure there is. I even said that when I talked about ark.

the biggest difference is there wasn’t a constant downhill slope. Ark was like a mountain range, filled with ups and downs.

atlas is a landslide, just a slow but constant downhill motion. Two very different things even though they are very similar.

i don’t get on them about bugs because believe me there are still bugs in ark way after release, so I don’t even bother complaining about that anymore. 

Even when atlas comes to console you won’t see me on here talking about bugs. It will always be about their poor decision making and stupid ideas. I know it’s ea and I expect bugs. I won’t let anyone try to you EA as an excuse for a stupid decision they made though. Not going to happen

On 2/23/2019 at 12:13 PM, Jozzie McTowel said:

This is my couple week old comparison, for those who said it was normal to lose that many players over time take a look at these top Steam games and look at their All Time Peak and their 24 Hour Peak. These pictures are still generous to Ark and Atlas because of them being a few weeks old. Only games which is doing bad in comparison is GTAV and that's probably because their online part is also a cheatersfest that isn't taken care of by the devs but hey they also do still release new content right?

comparison.thumb.jpg.319202d95d2c75e049683eba448c3dd6.jpg

hahah your funny they are all showing the same pattern , just different amounts of players ....all started off high and have dropped to 1/2 or less original players , your example isnt very good ,

The game is 100% failing for me, and I for one am not surprised at the numbers having plummeted.

3 weeks ago I got fed up of the following experience....

I log on, and intend to do a little farming on the island opposite me which is a few seconds swim away on my bear. I reach the other island easy, start farming, then nothing responds.... 30 seconds later server crashes. I spend what feels like an eternity waiting for it to come back up praying that it didn't happen when my bear was swimming. It eventually comes up to find it rolled back to the point I had logged on, so anything I did was wasted. I then went back over to the island to farm..... ypu you guessed it, server crashed again. Once the server came back up again and find myself safe in my base because it rolled back to the same point, I logged off and went off to do something that is actually fun and enjoyable and works..... watched Netflix.

After that experience and the fact my interest has dropped significantly anyway, I decided not to play for a week, only log on twice to reset timers.

After a week away from the game I decide to spend a little play time...

I log on, jump on bear, swim over to island, start farming some fiber and berries.... 30 seconds later nothing responds, yup you guessed it, server crashed. Another antagonising wait to find out if my bear is ok, yup it's fine because rollback was to before I logged on. Jump back on bear, go over to island, farm again.... yup crashed again. Logged back on, jump on bear, reach island, farm stuff, ok so far. Swim over to another nearby island that I have claimed, kill a wolf, use bear to harvest said wolf, no response.... you server crashed. Ok so server returns, find out everything I did was wasted because it rolled back to before I logged on.

This time I take a 2 week break from the game, save logging every 3 days to reset timers.

Today, Sunday afternoon, lets spend a little time to try and get back in to the game. I log on, create a bookshelf as it is new, place it down. Check trough, needs berries. Grab my gear, jump on bear, swim over to island. The moment i'm about to farm with the bear nothing responds.... YES GOD DAMMIT THE SERVER CRASHED.

After another antagonising wait I log back on to find it rolled back to before I logged on. So I said sod it, don't care if the trough is empty, don't care if the tames die it will probably keep rolling back to before death anyway!

I never got the fuss with ARK official servers, but now i've experienced Official gameplay on Atlas, well I wish I never even bothered.

16 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

*snip* my story *snip*

"Fartival" will tell you soon, that u need to change ur ISP (cause he will doubt that ur story is true and the fault is on ur end), or/and give you the advice to play unofficial.

Edited by Chett

Just now, Chett said:

"Fartival" will tell you soon, that u need to change ur ISP (cause he will doubt that ur story is true and the fault is on ur end), or/and give you the advice to play unofficial.

lol well I don't care what anyone tells me, I know what the community is like.

Anyone that tells people to change their ISP is just showing their true sarcastic idiocy. As for unofficial, I would, if there was an ounce of interest left. Just wanted to share my experience over the past 3 weeks. I mean i've hardly played, but the 3 times I have played each and every time the servers crashed. Doesn't really help to encourage you to return.

But thanks for the heads up, I already expected trolls to respond so i'm sure they will.

8 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

lol well I don't care what anyone tells me, I know what the community is like.

Anyone that tells people to change their ISP is just showing their true sarcastic idiocy. As for unofficial, I would, if there was an ounce of interest left. Just wanted to share my experience over the past 3 weeks. I mean i've hardly played, but the 3 times I have played each and every time the servers crashed. Doesn't really help to encourage you to return.

But thanks for the heads up, I already expected trolls to respond so i'm sure they will.

Yea, Server crashing constantly is for sure no fun. Btw, game failing 100% for me too - for various reasons...

For example: Someone was able to build on my land, even i never allowed it. Now i cant build on my own land, cuz of enemy faoundation to close...Support does not respond for over a week. Ingame it says i can demolish, but have a guess... Yup, its not working.

Edited by Chett

Just now, Chett said:

Yea, Server crashing constantly is for sure no fun. Btw, game failing 100% for me too - for various reasons...

Yeah, if it wasn't for the server crashes i'd be happy enough to keep playing and see how the game develops. But constant server crashes is a certain kill for me, rather not waste my time with such unstable servers.

42 minutes ago, UDO said:

hahah your funny they are all showing the same pattern , just different amounts of players ....all started off high and have dropped to 1/2 or less original players , your example isnt very good ,

Are u blind or just unable to read lines on a chart? There are plenty of games in that example that started with a much lower playerbase than there are playing nowadays.

8 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Are u blind or just unable to read lines on a chart? There are plenty of games in that example that started with a much lower playerbase than there are playing nowadays.

Its not a matter of how good can someone see...*smile*

On 2/23/2019 at 7:30 AM, Jean Lafitte said:

You were not comparing apples to apples.  Do I need to post my chart of Atlas vs No Man's Sky again?  Charts and graphs are relative.  You can make them display anything you want by manipulating the way the chart is laid out and you can furthermore create exactly what you want to show by cherry-picking the comparisons, which you obviously did.  Furthermore, charts only show the past trends, they do not predict the future.

Man I was just lurking, and don't really have a strong enough opinion to weigh in on this argument, but dayum.  Dude you are not doing Atlas any favors comparing it to No Man's Sky as a meter for success.  Come on man, you could have picked any other game, why pick one of the PC games in recent history that had the most negative feedback and drama post release.  You might as well have picked SW Battlefront 2.  I'm sure even the Atlas devs don't want you defending their game with that comparison.

Edited by reesespntbtr

2 hours ago, UDO said:

Nope sorry. There is only one that shows a definitive constant drop. Not sure how you can’t see that, but ok.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Realist said:

Nope sorry. There is only one that shows a definitive constant drop. Not sure how you can’t see that, but ok.

You’re wrong. In another thread a month ago someone gave me 10 EA titles that had the exact same pattern as this one. 

13 hours ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

which ones ? as they are all lower then they started with ?or are unable to read a chart ? every game ever released follows similar patterns of decline , 

there are very few if any games that have more players playing now then when it launched they decline early then settle off , all the games u linked have been around a while have stabilsed , 

they all dropped off, then they flat line more or less after a while , this game will be the same it will flat line at a certain point to match all the other graphs ..

your example would have had more weight had it shown graphs of all game released in december ,which would have shown them all with similar graph lines , learn to understand how to compare titles not just pull random ones out of thin air , not just random ones  but the top games played on twitch and steam , 

Edited by UDO

10 minutes ago, UDO said:

which ones ? as they are all lower then they started with ?or are unable to read a chart ? every game ever released follows similar patterns of decline , 

there are very few if any games that have more players playing now then when it launched they decline early then settle off , all the games u linked have been around a while have stabilsed , 

they all dropped off, then they flat line more or less after a while , this game will be the same it will flat line at a certain point to match all the other graphs ..

your example would have had more weight had it shown graphs of all game released in december ,which would have shown them all with similar graph lines , learn to understand how to compare titles not just pull random ones out of thin air 

Yeah, picking some of the most popular and longest running games (except for Kholat, which just got chinese localization) was kinda cherrypicking a bit.

1 hour ago, UDO said:

Not that I care about this debate going on here, but when you say to people "are you unable to read a chart", well I can't help but respond.

All of the below in that image showing the charts clearly show more players now than at the start.

Tom Clancy started with 18k, currently 119k

DOTA 2 started with 75k, currently 964k

CS:GO started with 52k, currently 654k

Warframe started with 19k, currently 74k

Football Manager 2019 started with 28k, currently 62k

Do you need me to go on with examples of how that image of charts does not show all of them being lower than they started with? Or am I unable to read charts too?

Please Note: I do understand what you say about how people should compare charts as what was used in that image to compare was wrong as yes it should be recently released games in December that are compared with Atlas. However, your comment about that image specific and referring to people being unable to read charts has nothing to do with comparing charts properly.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UDO said:

your example would have had more weight had it shown graphs of all game released in december ,which would have shown them all with similar graph lines , learn to understand how to compare titles not just pull random ones out of thin air , not just random ones  but the top games played on twitch and steam , 

The ones I posted as an example was when someone else in another topic said compare it to the top steam games cuz that is what Ark and Atlas were in that person's eyes so yes that's what I compared it to. And yet again u fail to see that there are games that have more players currently playing it than when they launched their game meaning their playerbase increased over time rather than just bleeding out like Atlas is doing right now. Stop arguing for the sake of arguig and use your eyes.

Edited by Jozzie McTowel